MetaTrader 4 Platform Update build 625: Magazines in MetaTrader Market and New MetaViewer - page 4

RaptorUK:

alex,

do you know when this issue is going to be addressed ? https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/149970

The ticket is opened but the problem hasn't reproduced yet.

The process of client terminal (3 charts + indicators) is consuming less then 2% of CPU (~1.8%).

Hello guys. I am sorry for asking.

Just wanted to clarify something.

Whats with these...

return value of 'OrderSelect' should be checked  
return value of 'OrderDelete' should be checked  
return value of 'OrderSend' should be checked   

all about? Before update to MetaEditor build 914, no such warnings.

Or Metaquotes is doing a slow but surely attempts to want us to completely update all into mql5 language?

I bet it is the later one. smoke

alexvd:

The ticket is opened but the problem hasn't reproduced yet.

The process of client terminal (3 charts + indicators) is consuming less then 2% of CPU (~1.8%).

OK, thanks for the reply, I have no charts open and still approx 7% CPU usage . . . if you need any more info please ask.

deysmacro:

Hello guys. I am sorry for asking.

Just wanted to clarify something.

Whats with these...

all about? Before update to MetaEditor build 914, no such warnings.

Or Metaquotes is doing a slow but surely attempts to want us to completely update all into mql5 language?

I bet it is the later one.

It's good practice to check return values: What are Function return values ? How do I use them ?

Jimdandy:

Yes but now you can buy magazines!

Let's face it Metaquotes focus has turned to supplying a marketing platform rather than a trading platform.

Maybe it's just me but I am finding MetaTrader more frustrating and less useful every day. I do not need objects to trade. In fact I need nothing on the chart buy my EA.

I chose to use MetaTrader as my platform of choice because of it's ease of use and simplicity in writing effective code.

It was first and foremost my trading platform... not my charting platform. If I used it first and foremost as a charting platform with lots of dashboards and bells and whistles then maybe i would be more excited about object oriented programming. But as a trading platform.... not so much...

Remember when the goal was to make money trading forex?

I guess what I want is MetaTrader Lite. MetaTrader without the bloat.

No signals, No markets, No Magazines... just a trading platform. It's a thing of the past...

I wish good trading to all.... it's been a fun ride.

Couldn't agree more with you, Jimdandy! I want an MT4 lite app just for trading too ;)

RaptorUK:
OK, thanks for the reply, I have no charts open and still approx 7% CPU usage . . . if you need any more info please ask.

I have also between 0 and 2% as alex wrote. There must be something in your config different I suppose.

Why I get error 4051 ?

ResetLastError() ;
ChartSetInteger(m_chart_id,CHART_FOREGROUND,false) ;
Print(__FUNCTION__," GetLastError() :",GetLastError() );

hifromeddie:
Does anyone know of a place where I can compile my older mq4 source files other then trying to find a old version of Mt4 to try to compile them?
Some time ago I have created a thread at FF where you can download the build 509 compiler: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=470340
(@admins -> I hope it is allowed to place this link, if not, pls. delete)

dudufx:

Why I get error 4051 ?

Try this :

ResetLastError() ;
if(!ChartSetInteger(m_chart_id,CHART_FOREGROUND,false))
   Print(__FUNCTION__," GetLastError() :",GetLastError() );

I try..Still have 4051 error!
Reason: