MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 508

To post a new topic, please log in or register
Hi, I would like to use old datas (6 month) in UT 5 minutes but i can't use functions like : iOpen(NULL,PERIOD_M5,i) before January. it's important for me to use UT5mn in order to have fixing values at 17h35 PM each month. is there an issue ? thanks for your answers, a new french user.
Hello again, encouraged by my "success" in my other thread, also wanted to make a script to switch the timeframe on the current chart between 5 and 1 minutes. So here's my code: void OnStart()  {   if(Period() != 5)     {      ChartSetSymbolPeriod(0, NULL, 5);     }   else...
What are the things need to be changed for making indicators compatible with Build 600+ ? If there any link of the detail discussion please give it. Thanks
Hi, it seems that TesterStatistics() is working now (b628). While e.g. STAT_RECOVERY_FACTOR give a correct value the STAT_SHARPE_RATIO seems to be always 0.00000000 double OnTester()  {//---      Print("  Sharp Ratio: ",DoubleToStr( TesterStatistics(STAT_SHARPE_RATIO) ,12));} Is the result just my...
  TIME BUY SELL (13   1 2)
I looking for expert AT 9:30:30 open buy order with 10pips +spread Trading profit TP and SL stop loss + and 15:30:40 open sell order with 10pips +spread TP and SL . trading with everyday, moneymemegment fiber EUR,yen, Aud, and other currency WHO CAN HELP write this expert ., 9:30:30...
  help me please? (13   1 2)
Hello there thanks for taking the time to click my post, I needed some help with editing an EA that I have. the main problem I'm having is that its opening new trades at random places. What i mean is, say I set up my expert adviser and then shutdown mt4. Then say I come back 24 hours later and...
Hey coders, I want to do an order script. Right now I use the numbers 0-5 in the options to determine the type of order. Is it somehow possible to use a pulldown menu in the options from that I can choose OP_BUY, OP_SELL ... ? Sometimes the numbers are confusing because I not always know in a second...
Hello, am not sure whether I understood the function ArrayCompare right or not. From my understanding I thought I could compare the content of 2 Array. I tried the following code: extern int MaxWorkingOrders = 1;// Global variableint array_buyTicket[];int array_sellTicket[];int array_toCompare[];//...
Hi, Is there a way to set a trade (similar to what you usually do with buy/sell limits or buy/sell stops) in such a way that it only executes "on the way back"? E.g. If the price is currently at 0.900, I would like to set a trade at say, 0.950 but I only want the trade to execute on the way DOWN....
Hi Folks; - Couple of questions here; - 1/ What is the difference between MQL4 and MQL5? 2/ Where can I obtain information for the API used for connection of a private robot? Thank you, Bebbspoke
It should have already return a value of 50 for all time frame, however the new complier insists that I need to return a value outside the switch brackets ...
Can somebody provide a link to download this build?
Hi, i was using MT5, but not all brokers work with it, so i decided install MT4, the problem is that candlestick has not exactly price, i show u: MT5: http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr257/piro00/Clip-1.png MT4: http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr257/piro00/Clip2-1.png I noticed that in MT5,...
Tradeing
Hello, since few days i get to often this erros message, i think it have to do with the new MT4 build update, does somebody know why this error does appear now and how to slove it? i know that the error mean invalid parameter for a function, but i dont have change the parameters they have work...
Hello. Pls if somebody can help me: On MQL5 we use handles and we can calculate an MA of another MA:    //set handler for used indicators   emaA = iMA(NULL, MA_TF, EmaPeriod1, 0, MODE_EMA, PRICE_WEIGHTED);   emaA2 = iMA(NULL, MA_TF, EmaPeriod2, 0, MODE_EMA, emaA); On MQL4 i try this:          emaA =...
18:21:07 Access violation write to 0x00C510DB in 'E:\MT4\MQL4\Scripts\SR.ex4' When I run either a script or EA this error is generated. either on the vps or local machine. I have installed on drive E away from C: Authenticated users has full control on drive E and subfolders! I am on build 625....
Hi i m working on to save data in to any directory in csv format //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                              File Read Write.mq4 |//|                      Copyright © 2008, MetaQuotes Software Corp....
exp : add aligator on MACD i could do it on mobile but cant do it on computer
Hi, I had MT4 installed and running on my Windows 7 for a long time. Suddenly today, after update to build 625, it won't open. I tried downloading and installing a new version but same issue. When I run terminal.exe, it flashes something and then it closes. I see nothing in task manager. I can...
Hello, I am not receiving notifications on my iphone or messages and notifications on my ipad. I am using MT4 on both devices and the MT4 platform on my pc... Has anyone encountered this issue on their devices? As far as my devices go my iphone 5 has all notifications turned on and the alert...
What would be the best way to go about making a script to do what the subject says, "Go to Specific Time on All Open Charts". I need a quick way to look at different indicators/oscillators on charts of any period/symbol/template/etc for a specific date & time. Would I need to incorporate an...
  Tick Storage (1)
How has the recent update affected the way a price is received? I am writing a piece of code to store the BID/ASK values into an array and then later write it to a xlsx or txt file. earlier only upon the arrival of a new quote were the BID/ASK prices updated. Is it the same now? Pardon me for my...
Hey coders, I made a small Moneymanagement indicator which worked fine for me. But since the new MQL4 it causes problems I can't handle. When you drag this indicator to your chart some numbers are printed on the very right side. The first number means the Stoploss in pips and the second is the...
I am getting an access violation in the OnCalculate function It appears to happen when I cover part of the window leaving the leading edge exposed. If I don't cover the window, it appears not to happen 2014.03.24 21:47:01.178 Access violation read to 0x0898A450 in 'C:\Program Files...
hi, I would like to write a comment on a custom indicator to the height of the indicator. For example in the stochastic indicator imagine that i would like to write a comment next to the stochastic value. how would i do it? Thanks
  TimeToStr() (3)
I wrote this simple EA for someone else the other day, all it does is check each of the 4 timeframes for a new bar, if there is one it looks for if the last closed bar volume is lower than the previous 2 on any of the 4 timeframes and Alert() if it is. void OnTick(){//---  const int ichart[4]={5,15...
I have a new EA that I have been back testing, this EA in a live environment will look for specific horizontal lines on the chart I manually input to highlight areas of Resistance. One of the checks for the EA is to ensure that a trade is far enough away from the line before it will open a trade....
  Ichimoku KVO Smoothed Ea (18   1 2)
This Martingale Ea is using Ichimoku Kijun Tenkan cross along with the Kumo cloud (Histo versions) in conjunction with Kvo Smoothed, been forward testing a little over a week now on 4 hour time frame and it has been doing pretty good ($460 worth). The signals are if price is below the cloud, tenkan...
I have backtested quite a few of the most popular Experts listed on the site but have been unsuccessful in getting them to turn a profit. What is anyone else out there using with some success for Bitcoin on BTCe.com ?
Here is an indicator I am trying to use in my EA. I defined the buffers of it but now not understanding what logic were used for Buy/Sell Signals. I defined the first three buffers like this: double Buf_0 = iCustom(NULL,0,"xpMA",MA_Period,MA_Type,MA_Applied ,T3MA_VolumeFactor,JMA_Phase,Step_Period...