MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 506

Hi guys, ‌ I‌ have a master ea which consist of different EAs which can run over different pairs and time. I would like to know how can I create a customisable GUI (Pop up) for the user to make this selection. ‌ When the user runs this EA, this customisable GUI will pop up and the user will be able
Hi All, ‌ I‌ recently started writing indicators using MQL4, and I could not solve the issues that I faced in the mq4 file attached. In this simple testing file, I wish to copy my MACD array to the Short Array, but it seems that the Short Array does not store any data successfully. H‌ope someone
hello i have got this worning back :return value of 'OrderSelect' should be checked i have to make a SP and SL in a order...the code is: ‌ { TheStopLoss=0; TheTakeProfit=0; if(TakeProfit>0) TheTakeProfit=Bid-TakeProfit*MyPoint; if(StopLoss>0)
  Decode EA  (1)
I have written an expert advisor. I want to give it to a trader. I‌s it possible that someone decodes the EX4 files.  V‌ersion of meta editor : 5 buld 1526
Hello, it is mql script in mt4. I have finished open 1 long or short position till it is closed, how could I open order per bar only? once I modified my codes of opening order part, it always creates endless orders in one bar. Thank you
Gentlemen of MQL4, it takes me a great surprise to know only very recently, these two functions CopySpread CopyRealVolume It turns out that these functions are part of the "Timeseries and Indicators Access" feature set, but are not seen directly when we click on that "Set" https://docs.mql4...
  Window handle  (7)
‌Hello, I have a question about chartGetInteger: Normaly and If I understand well how this function works, I can recover the CHART_WINDOW_HANDLE like this:‌ ChartGetInteger(0,CHART_WINDOW_HANDLE) and it works if chart id is 0, but if I try to recover the chart ID of chart B from chart A, it doesn't...
Hi all,    I'm testing my EA at strategy tester. The problem is I cannot get the price for  Open, High , Low , Close for weekly candle (PERIOD_W1) .  During the testing, I'm using timeframe M1, M5 and H1 . The debug code and result as below. As you can see there, for all other timeframe, I managed...
Hi, i please need a code/ formula which resizes the lot size based on Account Risk % calculated by including the STOPLOSS, and taking in consideration that my account is in EUR. What i have is this: extern double RISK= 1 ; //1% RISK double LOT; LOT = NormalizeDouble ( AccountEquity ()*RISK/ 10000
Helllo; i have programmed an indicator but i cant get it to draw only from a number of bars it continues to draw from the maximum historic bars posible or from the next new bar, i know it must  be easy to do but i am stopped by this, thank you very much in advance and regards.
Hello, Im searching indicator that paint the candlesticks based on moving average side, that is easy part, but I need the bulish candlesticks to be hollow. I have a couple of such a indicators, but when you try to hollow the body of the candle, then the border lines missed. A‌ny idea? :)
I am looking to follow a signal but it doesn't seem to be working. ‌ In the signals tab in mt5, why do only 3 signals show up? ‌ ‌ ‌ A‌lso, on mql5.com, when I click 'Start copying in Metatrader' nothing happens ‌ P‌lease can someone help? Thanks
‌Hi, ‌‌I am trying to get the values of a custom indicator to use in an EA.‌ My problem is that I cannot get the same values inside my EA as the values in the Data Window of the Indicator. I‌n the attached picture you can see the values in the Data Window are different from the values that the EA is...
I am new to mql4, and I would like to see the algorithm of how the seconds are modeled in MQL4 back testing, Thanks.
Hi everyone, ‌I'm getting a zero divide error if I leave an indicator running, close the terminal, then start it back up. The end result is that the indicator doesn't load up properly when I open the terminal.‌ Upon checking the 'Experts' tab, it told me which line in the code is causing the problem...
  VPS Issue  (4)
Hi, I am using a Renko EA. It works fine when my computer is on and MT4 is open. But when I put the EA on VPS it doesn't work and I keep loosing money. Can anybody advise what to do please? Any help will be appreciated.
Hi please help.‌ I have 3 strategies and I want my EA to open positions in a loop as follows. The buy strategies are X , Y and Z. If  condition X is satisfied, place buy order, then wait until that order is closed. Once order X is closed( in profit or loss) look for condition Y and again wait until...
Hi All,   had to put in a time restriction function to this EA im building and ive done it but looks and feels quite crudely done. Ive added some Start Hour and Start Minute/ End Hour/Min etc input variables then used 4 crude logics. if ( ( _CurrentHour >= EndHour )) then return false and end code....
Hi everyone, Can someone help me to write a condition for an indicator to send alerts only if the candle's open time is less than 59 seconds for M5? Thank you in advance!
I have a binary options ea I want to use to trade MT4 binary options on Grand Capital MT4, but with that broker the expiration time needs to go in the Comment field in the Order Window (such as 1 for a 1 minute expiration). The broker allows 1 minute expirations and higher. But if you leave the...
  Strategy Tester  (3)
Why some times even if I have download full hystorical data 1 min, followed any suggested indication from the author , the test of a well known EA free version give me no result? I know that  I am a newbie but.....tests from EA works fine....test from other don't work..... Any tip? ‌
Hi, Why when I tried to copy something working into another EA‌... It doesn't work. ‌ Please Help.‌ ‌ It says 'SplitString' and 'ArraySize' - declaration without type. But it is coded like this into many EAs. int init()   ‌ SplitString(PipsDeclencheur,";", PipsDeclencheurArray);...
Some one can help me with this ? I want close the pending order when the candle close. I would like to close the pending orders of this EA when : Close buy: Bid<Low[1] and The actual candle closes; and Close sell: Bid>High[1] and The actual candle closes;‌...
Hi, ‌ I‌ would like to pass out my EA which is compiled to some friends however I would like to have a pop out box for them to key in their lot sizes for the EA. ‌ A‌s I do not want them to know my EA, hence I would only allow them to key in their lot sizes when they run the EA on their own. ‌ How...
H‌i All, ‌I am a self taught mql4 hack needing a bit of assistance to get a complex (to me anyway) data type defined - and have been trying for several nights. A bit of help would be greatly appreciated. I am writing an EA to apply a trading methodology that uses a combination of M1, M5 and M15 time...
Hello guys I'm currently trying to make an EA which will get the value of a certain indicator using iCustom. This indicator is auto fibo, I want to get the values of each fibo levels and set it as the takeprofit, Do you have any ideas how to do that? Btw. I tried using this...
I want to add the expiry check in the OnInit() section and if returns false , I want to prevent it from going ahead. And I want to stop the code. ‌‌I have written this: int OnInit()   { //--- if(expirationdate() !=true) { Alert("Expired!!!"); return(0); } } ‌I wrote the function: bool...
HI, Can any one comment as how an indicator in cobe base as above can be recoded or modified to work in Current MT4 tester? Appreciate your Help Thanks ‌
Hi guys, I‌ am a newbie and trying to understand how strategy tester calculates profit. Screen shot is below. ‌Take profit at 1.10167 after buying at 1.10017, Why profit is not $150. It gives me $139? Testing account currency is USD and symbol is EURUSD! So I am expecting $150 USD. Right? ‌
Hello, I am interested in making the switch to MT4 or MT5. I have read some articles / blog posts and wondered if a moderator or someone who actually uses MT4 / MT5 in the following manner can verify whether or not MT4/ MT5 has the following functionality : 1. Is it possible to create an automated...