MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 502

I wasn't aware that different brokers can use different symbols to indicate the same underlying (non-forex) instrument.  e.g. WTI is the same as USOIL.  Is there any way to remap say a trade opening using USOIL to actually open one for WTI in this example?  The other solution for me is to use the...
Hi everyone, I am using Windows 7 ultimate with Service pack 1 updated. Now I have installed FXCM mt4. I am trying to get the data folder by File-> open data folder. It takes this path " C:\Program Files\MetaTrader ". I am also trying to open my profiles In app data But no profiles shown. What can I...
I need that my ea check stochastic value only every 5 minutes . So i wrote like this : .... double StochValue( ENUM_TIMEFRAMES timeframe, int buffer) { double val; if (buffer== 0 && CurrentTime!= Time [ 0 ]) { CurrentTime= Time [ 0 ]; val= iStochastic ( Symbol
[Deleted]
Hi guys,i've a indicator which calculates and if my condition is true,i want to call a method to a EA to execute an order. I was thinking about load a buffer,but i dont think if it gonna works. It's possible to call a method inside my EA from my indicator ? i'm already using ICustom to load a...
Hi! I'm looking for a person who can write few lines of code to add SL and TP to existing EA. Best regards, Michał
Hello, I would like to know if it is possibile to draw ARC in  MT4 (or MT5) using mql or external libraries Thank you
Hi, I can't install MT4 client platform, becouse if i download MT4 from official metaquest site then is installing MetaTrader5. I need mt4 from metaquest, not from broker to open demo account. Can anyone have setup file for mt4 client? (not from broker) general file. Best regards
From the 1045 version has made its appearance a serious mistake: When sending in sequence two orders of opposite direction, the second order, sometimes runs in the wrong direction plus without entering the comment and magic number. I find myself in substance to have two buy or two sell instead of...
Hello guys, I am stuck coding a time filter in MQL4... What I want to code is:  if order open time is > a date... So I understood I must use OrderOpenTime function, but how to write correctly the condition? if(OrderOpenTime(TIME_DATE)>DATE){....... this is the format I am looking for... Help is...
Hi, I have had an EA built to my specification but I am from a trading background and not a software one so I need some help setting it up and adjusting it. Happy to pay for time or a profit share etc. Based in North London so would be handy if you're close to London Thanks Tom
Hello everyone, I'm a developer, but I'm new to MQL4, and I'd like to understand a couple of basic stuff. I'm creating an EA that calls a couple of prepackaged indicators such as MA, RSI, etc, and a custom indicator. The question: Do I need to add those indicators to the chart in order to get a...
Maybe a dumb question?... When I'm in MetaEditor, I want to open the .mq4 file for, let's say, the Average Directional Movement Index. That particular indicator is in another folder - called Trend -  within the indicators folder. When I try to open a file from the editor, I can't see that Trend...
The code below is not working. Can I pass a multidimensional array as a parameter double arr[][ 3 ]; void demofunc( double & arr[]) { }
Hi, I am trying to get the list of files in a nonMT4-Folder for which I need Windows' kernel32.dll functions. Well there is an old thread to start: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/103578 and https://www.mql5.com/de/articles/1543 for pre b600+ I just tried to change what has to be changed and...
Hi, could somebody tell me why I cannot compile an Mt4 EA with an M45 period while I can compile it with an H2 period? M45 chart was created offline with period converter and still it doesnt work. So I can it compile for H2?? Thanks!
  Meh Spread Indicator  (14   1 2)
I finally took a stab at making a spread indicator I have been meaning to write one for quite a while and never got around to it untested so it may have some bugs :P EDIT:small update I changed the color of negitive swap and added a tik monitor
Hi there, I am new to MQL4, my first ever indicator program, which I coded so far. I want to plot some values from CSV File. The format of CSV file is - 3/20/2017 0:00, 120 3/20/2017 0:05, 125 3/20/2017 0:10, 128 and so on I want to plot the values wrt the candle/bar. All is working fine, I have...
Can anyone help with an engulfing indicator? I have one but it isn't indicating on all the candles for some reason. Thanks.
EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED. Can't use ArrayCopy with struct type if one of the struct members is of the string data type. Reason in red. I'm following the same template for copying two arrays of the struct type. I use one on an include file that's part of an EA, which works (and also worked as part of the...
[Deleted]
I am a developer, And I found this error : 1. When I use Bid, backtest don't show the arrow. 2. When I change Bid to Close[0], the indicator shows arrows properly. What's the difference between them?
Hi I normalised the distance between (EURGBP-EURUSD) and (EURUSD-GBPUSD). Below is the code; Now, I want to create separate variables to store normalised values of other timeframes i.e 15min 60min regardless which timeframe I am currently on so I can comment those on the chart.  Can someone help on...
  Price action  (4)
Hi, Community, I'm very new to coding but have been trading for sometime. My question is can a custom indicator be created that would create a stop loss off the previous candles data? If so can you pls push me in the right direction. Thank you EJ
Hi there! I have some trouble trying to install Metatrader 4 on Linux. I'm running a desktop Linux Mint 18.1. I followed the instructions from mql5.com to install the MT4 software but when the installer starts, just as it begins to look for the best access point, it asks me to input the proxy server...
  Array out of range  (11   1 2)
Hi I am keep getting array out of range errors. Could anyone please tell me how to fix this? Indicator seems to plot well the fly price, moving averages but when I add the code for standard deviation calculation, I keep getting the error message.  Much appreciated for any help...
Hi everyone, I made a dashboard that scans 7 pairs for price action candlesticks on 5 different time frames. Rather than waste time explaining it further, I'll just show a picture. Anyway, the dashboard calls on iCustom for 4 different indicators. When the indicator launches, or when you switch...
Where is the line between fitting and real patterns? Looking at the market we see that possibly existing patterns cannot be parametrically constant. Every system has a level of fit and a level of regularity of one or more events. And the preponderance towards the second level is responsible for the
I'm wondering what's the latest version of MT4?  Does anyone know?  Thanks is advance! ‌
Hi guys, I am a beginner at coding and I tried to code and apply bollinger band on closing prices of a spread ( (EURGBP-EURUSD)-(EURUSD-GBPUSD)) but the band always seem to be containing the closing price i.e the price never cross either upper or lower band so I thought I'd ask someone to check out...
Hi all i have 2 questions A) Can i test my script when the market is closed? all I want to check if it opens an order when the next bar happens I have attempted to use the strategy tester but cannot see my script in thelist what could be the problem b) how do we search this group for post
Hi all I'm probably being an absolute dumb arse, but after MT4 stopped working on a demo account (I've not gone live yet), I uninstalled it and have tried to do a reinstallation. But wehn I download and install 'mt4setup.exe. from https://www.metatrader4.com/en - it installs MT5. This is driving...