MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 510

I just noticed that when I open the terminals on my VPS that there are no products to be shown in the market. The same goes for Purchases which is completely empty. This happens even though I am logged in to the MQL5 Community. Some of the tabs are also missing. I think it all happened after...
Hi, that's the thing, I've been writing a csv file but my expert always write on the first file line, there is part of my code: void saveLog(int _index){    string file_name=Symbol()+"-LOG\\["+Year()+"-"+Month()+"-"+Day()+"].csv";    int file_handle=FileOpen(file_name,FILE_CSV|FILE_READ|FILE_WRITE,"...
MT4 Live Update is executing fine on Windows XP when a new build becomes available. It is not executing on Windows 7. I get the pop-up dialog box from Live Update notifying me of a new build being available and asking for permission to proceed with the update, and when I click "Yes", nothing...
Hallo, since weeks I have a problem with the correctly calculation of the day before dayhigh und low directly after (the first! tick) change of day. Previously, this worked: if (oldday != StringToTime(TimeToString(TimeCurrent(), TIME_DATE)) {    //directly the first tick after change of day...
Hi All For years I have simply unzipped 'profiles' into the MT4 profile directory that I have had set up. For some reason now, these never show in the profile pop up at the bottom of the MT4 screen. Any ideas anyone? Cheers Steve 
I want to build an EA that sell 1 lot when I have a moving average crossover, no take profit or stop loss  First I check if there were no crossover in the previous bar  ( iMA(Symbol(),0,2,1,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0)  >  iMA(Symbol(),0,10,1,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0) then if there is a crossover...
  Margin and pips  (2)
Hi, I lost my beloved Marketscope platform, bc. of the FXCM mess. Now I'm trying to get used to MT4 and I'm baffled. Many things I took for granted are simply not available. Three things I miss very much right now and I would appreciate help, bc I am simply overwhelmed with the unwieldability of MT4...
Hello, in MT4 there is a possibility to take a screenshot of the current chart. Now if I want to edit this image, add my ideas to it, analyse it...can I do that in MT4? Of course I could simply use a image editing software such as photoshop but maybe MT4 has a built in one which I couldn't find yet?...
Hi, if there are many thousands of trades in the tradehistory tab in metatrader 4 terminal (build 1045), the cpu utlization is always 100 percent. Unfortunately mt4 starts with the complete history loaded as default. Does anyeone know a possibility to start with one day history?   thx 
  need help again  (1)
I'm working on an EA, and it's based on trendlines that i put on chart. How can i get the current  value of my trendline in my EA?  thanks.    int OnTick () { if (Bid < (trendline current value) ) // How can i extract current trendline value? { ...} }    
  Error 131  (20   1 2)
Is someone willing to review my code and help me figure out why I am getting Error 131. I have a new EA I am creating but keep reciving error 131
Hi, im fairly new to MQL so ive decided to build a trade indicator which displays an arrow for a buy and sell based on the conditions of two EMA's and an RSI. So far i have added the EMA's, im a little stuck on how to continue with the RSI as i want to say that if the 50 EMA is above the 200 EMA and...
int OnTick () { if (Bid > Close [+1]) { (Bid value saved forverer) } // How can i save Bid value that specific time? Thanks 
Hello Anyone else had this?  I've attached an Alert from this code: void afxSetAllChartsToPeriod(int _period) {         long chid=ChartFirst();         Alert("First chart is ",chid, "sym ",ChartSymbol(chid));                  chid=ChartNext(chid);         Alert("Second chart is ",chid, "sym "...
Hi everyone, I wrote an if statement to recognize left price labels, but for some reason, it doesn't recognize that the object is a Left Price Label. if (ObjectType(ObjectName(x)) == OBJ_ARROW_LEFT_PRICE){ } I have that if statement working with OBJ_HLINE, OBJ_CHANNEL, and OBJ_TRENDLINE, but can't...
Hi all, I'm having problem on the equation which will be one of the condition to my code. As you can see on my code below. I was trying to used counter "n" as a condition to my code. "n" can be n=n+3, n=n+2 and n=n-1 depend on the condition as below. But this equation seem not work at all. Please...
Hi Wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction with  what is probably a really simple problem. I have created a simple MA crossover script which is the same as presented by jimdandy1958 on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny6qFnPyauo&t=35s The only difference I can see is that...
I created an investor password yet it's still giving me an account authorisation error. Any tips on ways to fix this? 
Hello to all, I have this HFT that I firstly made it to trade candle stickpull backs market momentum within micro seconds or seconds after a range filterhas been achieved. Slippage was the challenge that I got when it came to liverather it did perform well on demo. I moved to second step of making...
MT4 version: 4.00 Build 1045 (3 Feb 2017)  Experiencing a failure when using function ChartNavigate, could someone help to look at this or have the same issue?  Here is the code, please also see the same in attachement:   //+------------------------------------------------------------------+...
Hi, It happened twice after MT4 updates when MT4 get restart EA removed from chart, what I can do in this situation? Thanks for help
hi my firends how do close only remaing order after closeBy Buy and sell orders I want code it in mql4  
Hello, Please help me to correct the error. EA doesn't create variables called: GV_xAPI_Long_          GlobalVariableSet("GV_xAPI_Long_"+name,StringToDouble(longps)); It prints Outlook has been refresh!... but I don't see them. Also it prints: Function is not confirmed. What function? I don't know....
hello I try to make my first EA in MQL4 but i got many error and warning that i couldn't pass those. this is my first simple code Thanks for anyone who can help me //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //|                                                         test...
  Custom indicator input name  (17   1 2)
I tired to put input ENUM_TIMEFRAMES  TF          = PERIOD_W1;      // Time Frame  But when I load the indi, the inputs windows still show TF instead of Time Frame #property copyright "doshur" #property link      "https://www.mql5.com" #property version   "1.10" input ENUM_TIMEFRAMES  TF          =...
  Range  (5)
Looking for indicator which displaying range for specified number of bars. In the manner of ATR, but showing range of MAX price minus MIN price for prescribed number of bars. Please kindly advise, Thank you 
I'm trying to programatically go through multiple MT4 installation folders and print a summary of the EA settings for each.  Which file in the the MT4 folder contains information about the attached EAs and their settings?
I presume all the standard indicators like iMA ,iWPR etc are all based on "Bid" value, in that case please clarify on how to create own custom indicator using "Ask" value.   Is it possible to do so on mql4 (or) is it a limitation. please advise. My 2 cents. 
Hello In "OnInit ()" I house the static part of the display of an EA to avoid refreshing it with each tick. To accelerate the optimization I use "IsOptimization ()" to display nothing. I do not notice any difference of time between with and without. Is OnInit () executed at each optimization cycle...
Hi,   I would like to compile my EA and share the .ex4 file. Will someone be able to decompile the file?   Much help greatly appreciated