Professionals trade manually, not with EAs! - page 4

Choomazik >> :

A professional at work:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=372_1243563675

Aaaaaaaaaa!!!!! Hilarious! Thanks for the link, made me laugh!

intraday, machine is probably best, but if the trade lasts more than 3 days, manual is fine

If the author of this thread sees emotions in price movements (which the theory of technical analysis defines), if the wet hands of hedge fund managers make deals when "fundamental data" or news is released, then I agree - a machine will never get "in the market" the way most of the current market participants will.

But if trading is based on statistics, probability theory, mathematical expectations, etc., then of course the emotions of a so-called "professional" or "genius" will smash all probabilities.

There is a lot to discuss on this subject, but the choice between manual trading and automated trading is up to each individual.

About the impossibility of short-term (successful) trading - nonsense. The same can be said about long-term trading these days. In the days of the rise of Soros etc, the markets were very different, less volatile.

But while in reality of all the professionals I know (profitable), I haven't met a single professional yet who trades on machines (profitably).

you are all undoubtedly right, but about emotions I wanted to add personally from my experience: when you have been trading hands every day for several years, you become more disciplined, and emotions as such disappear, when you understand how to control the situation and you control it, worries and emotions just disappear. We drive ourselves into shocks... plums... not the market! This is the result of our thoughtlessness and stupidity. But it all comes with experience, though for some it never does...

About Expert Advisors. My trading robots are very profitable. But I`m still dreaming of getting an Expert Advisor of my own! We are speculators of the 21st century and we have to keep up with the times!

I would also like to add: the main advantage a speculator has over a robot is intuition. But you have to know how to use it.

Alex5757000 писал(а) >>
I also wanted to add: the main advantage of a speculator over a robot is intuition. But you have to know how to use it.

Intuition is the best helper in losing a deposit. >>MiHo, of course.

FION >> :

Intuition is the best helper in losing a deposit. >>my hunch, of course.

>> First of all we have to understand what intuition is and how a trader should use it. And it is not intuition that is to blame for losing a deposit, but the trader's inability or unwillingness to admit his mistakes.

Pegasmaster писал(а) >>

Aaaaaaaaaa!!!!! Hilarious! Thanks for the link, made me laugh!

>> you can't put a thank you in your pocket 8)

Alex5757000 писал(а) >>

You must first find out what intuition is and how a trader can use it. And it is not intuition that is to blame for losing a deposit, but the trader's inability or unwillingness to admit his mistakes.

Suppose the TS gives a buy signal and the intuition says "sell, sell - it's time, correction is about to occur". You sell and you see the movement going against you...

arnautov >> :

Trade with 1:1 leverage and you will never lose your deposit. I guarantee it.

Do you have the same level of access to information as Buffett and Soros?

If not, stop twiddling your thumbs and trade like everyone else on a phony scheme or do not do it at all.

You keep your guarantee, maybe you will get it. I guarantee you that you are not immortal)

I don't know how many winters and years you've been trading, but you look like a panicking newbie to me. If I had access to information like Buffett and Soros, I probably would not play checkers with you here and sit with them to drink tea.)

Reason: