Daily Cams EA - page 2

Hi James,

Thank you for spotting the problems... I wouldn't recommend this old EA, but I have corrected it anyway.

Looks like you have a standard-lot account (the original EA was designed for mini-lot account). Attached is corrected EA that opens 3 standard lots and scales-out 1-lot at the time.

You do have the right indicator. If you didn't, the EA wouldn't take any positions, as the EA uses Cam-levels of the underlying indicator. I don't know why you are getting the error message. Please try NewDigital's suggestions.

In terms of adjusting the EA, please check the broker's timezone. The cams are currently set to 22h00 GMT (i.e. 17h00 NYC time). As per my previous note, you should adjust the time to 17h00 NYC time.

Thanks for your feedback, Kris

newbestco:
Dear Tokarus,

Thanks for yr prompt reply. I noted the currency pairs the breakout EAs will work on.

In the meantime, I am testing yr first EA "Cams_Daily_v1 on m15 of GBPUSD today on Ikon Royal GM's mt4 platform and FXDD. it works well, but it automatically placed 3 Buy orders (each Buy has 4 standard lot size, totally 12 lots size) on 50.000 usd demo account.

Please explain why inputs only has 8 lot size, but this EA placed totally 12 lots?

Also, I already saved the indicator "Camarilla_Daily" into Experts\Indicators folder correctly, but I saw the EXPERTS at bottom of the mt4 platform (EXPERTS near Journal) that it says "Cannot open file C:\Program files\Ikon Royal Trader\Experts\Indicators\Camarilla_Daily.ex4" on the GBPUSD, m15 ?

I did find this Indicator "Camarilla_Daily" in the Customer Indicators Folder.

You posted Indicator "Camarilla_Daily", but mt4 platform said it missed another Indicator "Camarilla_Daily.ex4". Did you post the wrong Indicator in your first post of this thread? If yes, please kindly post the correct Indicator to be used with "Cams_Daily_v1". Thanks.

What is the problem here? But why your EA still placed trades even it has this problem?

Anyhow, this EA made 70 pips profit per 1 lot size, totally: 70 pips x 12 lots = 840 pips for 12 lots. Really good !

By the way, do I need to adjust the GMT time in the Inputs of your EA "Cams_Daily_v1"?

I will try to forward-test this EA on other volatile pairs such as: GBPJPY, EURJPY, and EURUSD to see which pair this EA works best on, and report to you soon.

Waiting for your further explanations to my above questions about the EA "Cams_Daily_v1" soon.

Thanks and regards,

James Phuc
Files:

Based on James' feedback I updated the EA's to take a position of 3-lots and scale out 1-lot at the time at the profit target levels.

We use the same underlying indicators: Cam_Pivots_Daily and Cam_Pivots_Mid.

Files:

Today, I added AUD/JPY to my forward test and I got first direct hit/loss. Luckily the strategy is recovering the draw-down already. See attached EQ.

Hi Newdigital and Tokarus. Thanks

Hi Newdigital and Tokarus,

Thanks for yr advice and instructions.

1. Tokarus : I have got some manual trading systems that I have practically tested (back-test and forward-test) with consistent profits. But I want to code my manual trading systems into an EA, or even Signal Alerts, can you help me? I can say that my manual trading systems are simple and profitable.

2. To Newdigital: Thanks.

Best regards,

James Phuc

James,

Send me an e-mail and I will see if I can do it. I am not a pro developer, but with enough sweat and tears I might be able to pull it off.

Cheers, Kris

Hi Tokarus. Please tell me your email address.

Hi Tokarus,

Thanks for your support.

Please kindly tell me your email address so that I can send you my manual trading systems.

I have back-tested and forward-tested them for around 6 months, and they proved to be very effective, and consistently producing profits with more than 90% perfect trades.

The trades can only be wrong (loss) if some sudden big news events happen, but we still make the trade, but with manual trading, we can see the market reverse, and can jump out of market with some small profit.

The good thing about this manual trading system is that every trading day, we can spot many trade setups, and so, we won't lose our time to wait for a perfect trade setup in the whole day, and it never comes. But because of the effectiveness and profitability of this manual trading system, I wish to make it into an EA to auto-trade for us, and we have even more free time for ourselves and our family, right?

The creator of one of my manual trading systems have produced an EA, but I don't know why it seldom make trades. He told me that he asked some IT Programmmer to make EA based on his manual trading system, because he is not good at programming at all.

I can send you his EA, and all the logic behind it, but because it is a commercial EA, he did not send me the source code, but only commercial EA.

You can base on his manual trading system, the logic behind the EA, and all factors in the INPUTS of the EA, and you can understand it easily, I think.

Please do not share this information with all people outside the Elite room. Let's make our Elite people be proud of our privileges.

Waiting for your email address information soon

Thanks and regards,

James Phuc

Hi Tokarus. I just sent you one good trading system to create an EA

Hi Tokarus,

Please check your email because I just sent one good manual and simple trading system for you to study and create an EA based on it.

Waiting for your further information on creating the EA soon.

Thanks and regards,

James Phuc

Hi

Can you post the logic about the system here?

Thanks

Smeden

For entries I used the same logic as www.CamarillaEqation.com

For exits I scale out with three orders at the Cam_Pivot_DT (indicator) levels.

smeden:
Hi

Can you post the logic about the system here?

Thanks

Smeden

Well, my Cams gave all profits back this week... back to the drawing board. See attached EQ.

Cheers, Kris

Reason: