MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 379

Hi I am using the Strategy tester to test an ea. On longer time spans reducing or increasing the date range by a week you just get that week missed off and the graph/results are similar. If i am going from say 3rd dec to 3rd feb i get a graph and set of results. If i shorten it by a week to go from...
Hello Everyone, I been trying to find an OBJ_ which will spin around if the mouse is clicked and the mouse moves position. what object would you use to accomplish this ?
Hi, I posted a similar topic yesterday and actioned a suggestion from Nicholi. However, when debugging again today, I got numerous instances of the "delete invalid pointer" message in the Experts tab, after the debugger inadvertently failed to stop at the first breakpoint. After going through my...
Hello everyone, I want to pass a dynamic object array via reference to another class. Here is an example how I tried it: void Class1{        MyObject *objectArray[]; // ... do fancy stuff with array Class2 class2 = new Class2(); class2.Create(objectArray);}void Class2{        MyObject...
Hello EA Guru, I have coded an EA and it is under test on demo account. I have noticed that sometimes EA dont open the valid trade. Further investigation reveals that EA is taking wrong candle value (open & close) for processing the entry rules. To elaborate further, as per rule EA executes all code...
hi All, Please let me know where I can find the code for iATR? https://docs.mql4.com/indicators/iatr Thank you,
  Signal error  (2)
@Mladen Rakic Good pm! can you help me with this the arrow will no appear unless you refresh it. If you don't mind and not busy kindly fix the error. Thanks and God bless
Hi, I've noticed that when debugging an indicator in MT4, I'm seeing a series of "delete invalid pointer" messages in the terminal's expert tab. In the indicator, every new object that I create is specifically deleted using "delete objName", prior to testing the object variable like so:-    if(...
Hi, I want the Expert to run anytime in the last 30 seconds every hour (1H bars). I.e. anytime between XX.59.30 to XX.59.59 every hour. And only to be run once. Maybe I am just searching in the wrong way but I can only find how to run the EA at the start of the bar. Thank you in advance
Hi guys, thanks in advance for your time.  I looked for the solution for a while, but nothing was right for me. Ill attach an Indicator. The problem is that iCustom return Empity Value (2147483647).  That-s my simple code:...
Hello i have found a bug in mt4 platform . Does anyone know how to send it to mt4 programmers group in order to resolve it. Thanks in advance
Hi I would like that each time there is a new bar formed, my EA checks some instructions. So I wrote that: count1 = iBars ( NULL , PERIOD_D1 ); count2 = count1; while (etape == 0 ) { count1 = iBars ( NULL , PERIOD_D1 ); if (count2 =! count1) {
What is the ChartEvent that recognizes that an order has been placed or modified manually?  Thanks in advance. 
Would anyone help me with this? This is the code I did: //limit number of trades for the account int accounttotaltrade=OrdersTotal(); double accounttradelimit=equity/500; //my execution (part of my argument) if(accounttotaltrade<accounttradelimit) … etc. For example, the accouttradelimit returns
  CCI Helper  (9)
Matfx wanted a multi-timeframe CCI indicator with adjustable periods. With this you'll have to adjust the periods manually in the array, you'll see where the comments are in the source code. Later I'll make another version with easier to adjust periods per timeframe.
[Deleted]
  Silver Trend indicator  (15   1 2)
Hi All, I had been evaluating trend indicators lately. Came across Stalin, Notarius and recently Silver Trend. Had done backtesting, and found that Silver Trend provides excellent results, with little losses on whipsaws but large winners on trends. The backtests (manual) were done on fx and...
hi there, I come across this error a lot.. See below image.. The MT4 coders just need to see if a variable name  already exists. (Text 8277 in this case) PLEASE HELP! regards,
Hi everyone.  How can I make my EA to understand that an order has neen modified manually?   Thanks in advance. 
The EA's available don't have SL, TS, TP, etc. Where to find this simple EA with more features? Thanks.
I have created a simple script that writes indicator values to a text file. I want to set that up to run on a one minute frequency. Any suggestions on the best way to handle that
Hi, are there any plans to fix OBJ_EXPANSION so that the 3rd point of a Fib Expansion can go beyond the 2nd point? thanks
hello, "hIndicator_dialog_class_only.mq4" is an indicator which creates a dialog class  #property indicator_chart_window//+------------------------------------------------------------------+#include <Controls\Dialog.mqh>class hClass: public CAppDialog{   public:...
[Deleted]
Hi guys, I'm trying to develop my own expert advisor and I am still a beginner in all of this. I am making random orders in my EA and during the backtest, I set the spread to 0 and I also limit my orders to slippage 0. I am also setting both stop loss and take profit to the same amount (5 pips)....
If I use a Trailing stop and a stop loss shouldn't take the closer one?
I've imported three currency histories to MT4 that date from 2001.01.01 to present. Since then, my computer has slowed down and my demo account has been prone to problems the most recent of which being "history base not enough memory" messages. Is there a quick fix to this problem? For instance,...
Hello, I want to be able to draw Trendlines, Channels, Fibs, essentially any object on a chart for a specific symbol e.g a horizontal line level 1.1 on EURUSD and restrict it to only the chosen symbol. However, when I drag in another symbol on the same chart window, e.g. AUDNZD, I see the same...
Hi, I have the code below. It checks if price broke above a Donchian channel and then retraced for a number of bars. When I hard-code the integer into my dcVals array things work as expected. It only prints exactly when the channel was broken and 5 bars retraced. But when I use a variable, DC_BARS,...
rad = (((oppl+.0))/hypl)*((M_PI+.0)/180); (0.01698095) angle = MathArcsin(rad); (Im getting 0.01698176 instead of 0.97298353134226625915034235162797) But the MathArcsin is not giving the correct answer. Anyone experienced with MathArcsin in MQL4 or other trigonometric functions?
Im trading with several EAs for the last few months and just now over the weekend they have all dissapeared ? Does anyone know why this has happened ? As you can see in the screenshot all the happy faces have disappeared  My computer did some updates over the weekend and maybe that would have...
I have an EA that has been running for several years successfully but now if I attempt to adjust the properties of the EA it freezes the platform. The only way to unfreeze is to ctrl, alt, delete and close the application, then re-open MT4. But same thing happens immediately if I again attempt to...