Pure maths, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training tasks that have nothing to do with trade [Part 2]

FROM http://www.braingames.ru/

Using the numbers 1, 3, 4, 6, arithmetic operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division) and brackets, obtain the number 24. Only these numbers and only these operations may be used. Each number must be used once and only once. Operations and brackets can be used any number of times. It is not allowed to combine numbers as digits, making e.g. 13 or 146.

I haven't solved it. (Been hovering in the background for a few days) :)

MetaDriver:

WITH http://www.braingames.ru/

Using the numbers 1, 3, 4, 6, arithmetic operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division) and brackets, obtain the number 24. Only these numbers and only these operations may be used. Each number must be used once and only once. Operations and brackets can be used any number of times. It is not allowed to combine numbers as digits, making e.g. 13 or 146.

In other (non-decimal) number systems there are tons of solutions (I checked just in case). In decimal I have a bummer.

MetaDriver:

WITH http://www.braingames.ru/

I set a similar problem at the very beginning. I haven't proved it yet, but I can say that any sequence of digits starting from 7 can be reduced to equality. Or rather, I haven't proved that it's impossible.

Using the numbers 1, 3, 4, 6, arithmetic operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division) and brackets, obtain the number 24. Only these numbers and only these operations may be used. Each number must be used once and only once. Operations and brackets can be used any number of times. You cannot combine numbers as digits, making e.g. 13 or 146.

===

easy as pie: 6/(1-3/4)=24

Aleksander:

Using the numbers 1, 3, 4, 6, arithmetic operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division) and brackets, obtain the number 24. Only these numbers and only these operations may be used. Each number must be used once and only once. Operations and brackets can be used any number of times. You cannot combine numbers as digits, making e.g. 13 or 146.

===

easy as pie: 6/(1-3/4)=24

Ooh. It's coming together. Well, good for you, if you didn't steal it. ;)

MD, ay malaatsa (checkmate in four moves)!

Mathemat:
MD, ay malaatsa (checkmate in four moves)!
And your comments helped. Increased the "level of absurdity" of moves for both sides, here it crept up... :))

Aleksander:

Alexander, will you answer the question or not? The time for accountability has come. The hour has come.
And yes, I completely forgot, I can do that, too:

===

Dima, what's the question?

Mathemat:
Dima, what's the question?
Nothing to do with trade and the unconscious.
The question was about Parrondo's paradox. Everybody's been afraid of me lately. Am I stumping a man with one question?
I'll wait. You can even take it to a private message.
Reason: