MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1042

[Deleted]
Can I get strategy tester results or save StrategyTester.htm file programmatically?
Currently my mql4 script serializes OHLC data to delimited string and passes it to a DLL which performs further analysis. The performance is not very good, so I am thinking about alternatives. Would writing historical data from OHLC buffers to a binary file in a format just like .hst files be any
Please can someone explain how to import indicators from Code Base and insert them into MetaEditor? This OUGHT to be a simple intuitive process but one cannot account for software writers... thank you
hi everybody, I develop little ea. I need to identify at the movement trade run or not? so what is the code for identify it? I grate appreciate who can help me to this Thanks.
Hello traders, I am using a simple EA with RSI and MA crossover as two indicators. But i want the EA to check for RSI condition only during certain hours of the day, no the whole day. Only MA crossover should be checked the whole day. If anyone could help me with it, it would be really helpful to
Each order operation request (OrderSend, OrderModify, OrderClose) goes through a number of stages, with the first steps being display of the details in the Journal log and the transmission of the request to the server. However, it often seems that the request is never dispatched, and the order...
Hi all I need too communicate between two or more terminals. I decide to use registry for this issue. #define ERROR_SUCCESS 0 #define ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER 87 #define HKEY_CURRENT_USER 0x80000001 #define HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE 0x80000002 #define REG_SZ 1 #define REG_BINARY 3...
[Deleted]
  Need Help !  (2)
Dear Sir, I find articles such as below: -------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------- A trader has $ 1000 USD account, he places a buy order of 4000 units on EUR / USD, the which will give him on average $ 0.40 cents per 1 pip. Since 2% risk he is...
Strategy Tester doesnt seem to be giving correct results in the report, the numbers dont add up for instance this report states there was 100 consecutive wins totaling 107,000 but in the graph you can see it never went anywhere near that level. SymbolEURUSD (Euro vs US Dollar)Period15 Minutes (M15)...
[Deleted]
I have carefully put in the information of this Order Delay for entry. It is supposed to Delay the entry and then look for the Stochastics and RSI to be in an OverSold or OverBought zone. This HAS to be seperate from the main signal code.The reason is the Main code is more of a momentum and...
Hello all. I hope I am not going to ask something too silly but I am trying my best to learn the backtesting environment in MT4. I am trying to develop an EA and I am backtesting using a signal from an higher time frame that I trade on the 5 minute chart. The problem I have at the moment is that I...
I am looking for a TLB chart what is an offline chart. Does anyone know where I could get one - or would anyone be willing to code the TLB available in the Code Base to make it offline? Thanks
... yeah, i have this strange thing happening - whether i have the "Genetic Algorithms" box during optimization checked or not it still trots all mud meticulously one by one iterating all inputs. anyone has any idea why?.. ever seen anything like that? . I think that i had it once, and
[Deleted]
Hi, I have a script that scans through the last completed bar of the charts and indicates the price action bars like pin bar, outside bar, inside bar etc. the only problem i am facing is that when i run it and it access all charts one after the other for price action formation, sometimes it does...
Want to delete pending orders of the particular symbol() alone(Where the EA is running) But the code given down deletes all other pending orders. Please give some idea to delete particular symbol's pending order alone. int start()                                       {   bool k;        double...
[Deleted]
Hi, how do I declare variable x in this code: switch(x) { case 'A': Print("CASE A"); break; case 'B': case 'C': Print("CASE B or C"); break; default: Print("NOT A, B or C"); break; } int or string is wrong. Compiler return error. Variable x will be value one...
here you can see what I mean, this indicator should show the same price, because it is reading from a different timeframe, but it seems to have different prices. Indicator Link: http://www.35pip.com/metatrader-indicators/mtf-movingaverage-mq4/ Wanna see my code? /**********************    5026...
[Deleted]
  Can't get Icustom value  (30   1 2 3)
Hi all, this is normally something simple but this time, after banging my head at several walls I still could not find a way to get the value output of this custom indicator attached to this post with the following settings: iCustom(NULL,0,"MTF_Moving_Average",1440,3,3,2,1,1); If you guys have any
Hi, I have a question. Is it possible to run an EA or something else that is only following a specific order or a group of orders so that it can for example change the stops? I've heard that it is easier using MT5 (true?) but unfortunately my broker doesn't support it yet. My idea is the following:...
  Undo upgrade  (2)
Hello Ive upgraded my Mt4 as per request by my broker, but i got a msg from my bot maker that the bot is not compatible with the new version. How do I undo the upgrade?
Let's assume I have one point left before the stop profit is triggered. And 49 pips before the stop loss is triggered. How do I estimate the probability that the stop loss will trigger? It's something very complicated
Can a moderator please publish my code on Code Base: I asked for a hold in Dec 2011 but now ready some weeks. The code to be published is ASK+BID+SPREAD-INDI, thanks
I am new to mql4 programming. i am trying to write an EA that showing error 4107 for following code... ppbid=Bid; ppask=Ask; MyLot=0.01; int ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELLSTOP,MyLot,ppbid-(10*Point),0,ppask+(20*Point),ppbid-(20*Point),"",16384,0,CLR_NONE); What is my fault? I will be grateful if...
[Deleted]
I need the value of the BollingerBand-lines, which apply on indicator data. If I use the iBands or iCustom function, I have no possibility to choose that it belongs to an indicator and I don't want to write down the code for every line of the BB to find out if it got crossed.
[Deleted]
This new 418 version has a seriousl bug, it will affect all ex4 which call double DLL fuctions. If the fuction of the DLL is double, it will return "-1.#IND" or other error value. If the fuction of the DLL is int, it is ok. http://Jmi8.com
[Deleted]
Hello all, Im kind of new with mql4 language, and I'm facing a weird problem (weird to me at least :) ). I have a custom script, with the following function : void valuate_operation(double currency_spread, double lot_size, double take_profit, double stop_loss, int current_tick, int...
Can anyoneadvise me on this error? I have builta set of common functions that I’m going to call in all my own indicators. Instead ofrecoding each function in every indicator, I put them all in a Library and nowI’m trying to import the library and the functions in the indicator. It...
I have been using MT4 some time with a demo account with a broker. Lately, I am facing problems with chart displays. There are discontinuities with whole blocks of bars missing from displays. When I reinstalled MT4, the charts were OK, but soon the problem reappeared. I find MT4 help is not...