Brainwashing. Trades: manually and using EAs - page 5

Hello newdigital, I see a full bar in that image.

Perhaps I also don't understand something.

I compared the idea testing manually and testing by EA. I did it one week ago together with testing idea with filter iTrend. And this EA (original one and Beluck's one) will open the order on the next bar only. It means OnlyEnterOnFullBars true is order to be opened on the next bar. His bar was closed but EA will not open the order. EA will wait next 15 min (on m15) to open. Because it was programed like this:

if true it means on 0 bar (which was not closed yet);

if false it means on 1 bar (which was not closed yet).

So it is written Full bar. But it is next bar.

It was programed like this.

This OnlyEnterOnFullBars should be re-named.

Because if OnlyEnterOnFullBars is false it means:

"OnlyEnterOnFullZeroBars false" or "OnlyEnterOnFullCurrentBars false".

If OnlyEnterOnFullBars is true it means:

"OnlyEnterOnFullFirstBars false".

As example see image. The sell signal on eur was at 12 o'clock. But EA opened sell order on 12:15 (next not full bar) - see statement.

But according to his image the signal was on 0 bar (closed already but 0).

But we are talking without twinsen.

Twinsen, what is on now? Which bar? We confused probably...

Please find my statement for today.

I am testing Brainwashing 1b EA on 4 main pairs m15 with the default settings except:

- OnlyEnterOnFullBars true;

- Only ExitOnFullBars false;

- useCloseTradeRules false.

So I have + 85 p in profit totally for today only

forexts:
Hello newdigital, I see a full bar in that image. Perhaps I also don't understand something.

newdigital is right - it is current bar, which is not yet closed.

only when next bar appears after that bar with signal, it will be full bar and expert should open sell order.

Twinsen, did you continue to test? has expert opened sell after that bar?

Beluck:
newdigital is right - it is current bar, which is not yet closed.

only when next bar appears after that bar with signal, it will be full bar and expert should open sell order.

Twinsen, did you continue to test? has expert opened sell after that bar?

No. The expert not sell... It's my mistake

Sorry newdigital

I will continue to test this EA

I want to explain what the OnlyExitOnFullBars means.

Want to repeat that in few posts above we discuss everything about OnlyEnterOnFullBars (false or true).

OnlyEnterOnFullBars true it means that you enter on the next bar with a signal from previous bar. Just a wait one bar more (the EA will wait). In this case the signal will not be disappeared.

We may use OnlyEnterOnFullBars false if we confirm the signal by some filter (iTrend for example) to be sure that this signal will not be disappear or if the signal was disappeared but we are sure that it will be appeared once again (because of some filter to filter the signals or to estimate the trend). We do not have it now in this EA. So use OnlyEnterOnFullBars true.

Why we need to have a filter to filter or estimate the trend? Because if we use OnlyEnterOnFullBars true we enter late sometimes. But do not have any choice now. Anyway it works.

So now OnlyExitOnFullBars. Just pretend that I have OnlyExitOnFullBars false and you have OnlyExitOnFullBars true. What is the difference between us will be?

My EA will exit every time when it see the signal and I will have my + 10 p in profit (may be more). In the same time you will have your - 10 losses (may be less). I will have my +15, you will have your - 15. And I will have my + 10 once again and you will have + 100 (may be more). Yes, this OnlyExitOnFullBars true settings for the people who agree to lose few pips to receive big profit finally. My EA will finished his job anyway up to the signal which may be disappeared soon. Your EA (with your settings) will follow the big trend to get big profit.

If you plan to increase your deposit from $500 to $1,000 (or from $1,000 to 2,000) for example choose OnlyExitOnFullBars false. If your are trading using 5,000 or more - your setting may be OnlyExitOnFullBars true.

Later on when all the job with this EA will be finished (and nothing will be improved) we will write some document with some suggestion about the settings.

It's possible to include in this EA iTrend filter to test whit this option ?

P.S. Grongratulation newdigital for your contribution !!!

Later edit:...

I test Brainwashing #1b on 31.10.05 whit this parameters:

OnlyEnterOnFullBars = true;

OnlyExitOnFullBars = true;

useCloseTradeRules = False;

useProfitTrailing = False;

I have some questions:

-On 03:15 Sell and Close on 04:27... Why not on 05:30 ?

-On 05:30 Buy and Close on 06:03... why not on 10:15 ?

-On 10:15 Sell and Close on 11:00... Why not on 17:45 ?

Files:
brain.jpg  319 kb

Seems it was OnlyExitOnFullBars = false;

I have only this explanation.

It means that the buy signal was at 04:27 but then this signal was disappeared but the EA closed the order already.

Yes. I was OnlyExitOnFullBars = false.

As to iTrend filter so I think that we will have the next version soon.

But now I want to change the Risk in the indicator to see and then will change the risk in EA, and will change OnlyExitOnFullBars from false to true.

I will try now to find the more profitable settings (on m15).

I think if it works on m15 it should work on h4 as well.

So I finished with the settings:

OnlyEnterOnFullBars = true;

OnlyExitOnFullBars = false;

useCloseTradeRules = false;

useProfitTrailing = true.

I will try to find the good risk parameter to use it as a filter.

Very strange...

I'm running again Strategy Tester. I not changing anything from last post in my MT4.

I don't receive the same rezults... This time work ok :confused:

Reason: