MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 381

Hi All, This is the first time im posting here as it's my first time doing ANY coding, i seriously didnt know anything about coding since 2 days ago. I must say, it's pretty fun. I have learned quite a bit by trial and error and reading the articles here. Anyways this bot is still a work in progress...
[Deleted]
which one's price is the lowest one I have bought 5 times,so I have 5 OP_BUY order, how to find out which order's open price is the lowest one?
Hi everyone.  I want my EA to be able to differentiate among the following ways of modifying orders from the orders themselves: 1. When an order is modified manually (user shifts the price level on chart using the mouse or opens the "order placing dialog box")  2. When the EA modifies the order...
i'm building ad indicator in mql for mt4 in my mql indicator, i need to get the chart id of all the chart that i opened manually on my mt4 how i can get these id?
Hi all I'm new to writing in mql4, I've been getting the error 134 code when running my ea for extended period of time on the tester however when I run it for a month or 2 back testing it works fine. Any one had this issue before? 
I wrote this to trade "manually" using an EA for a broker that doesn't allow auto trading... ERROR 4112. My experience with interacting with Windows using USER32.DLL very is limited, first time actually. I managed to make it work, but with some issues... First, the work around uses static locations...
Hi, I have an excel sheet with all the candlestick patterns formations. I want to have live feed data directly from MT4 so that for every formation of a candle i will have the values (OHLC) and the time of the occurence of the candle in my excel sheet automatically. I need this for every time-frame
I would like to have a panel in an EA like this one: - some text with a chevron to open the panel. - a flat panel with no title bar with buttons and edit boxes Someone knows any similar example out there?
Hello, This EA is buying when the HMA indicator is turning green and selling when its turning red. But then it needs to wait till the ROC is getting above 0 for a buy and below 0 for a sell. Right now its only opening a trade if it happens at the same time. Mostly the hma turns green first and then...
How do you guys get around spread and slippage issues?
  mt4  (2)
I'm trying to download metatrader4 but every time I try so, I end up downloading metatrader5 instead. Please help me with some solutions. I wanted to start trading by the end of this month but this is stopping since I have been reading about mql4 and yet I have failed to get MT4. I will be glad to...
  hi  (1)
Nobody here?
hi, i need some help in coding an ea for testing. open buy when show up arrow and close buy and open sell when show down arrow. thank btw
Hello everyone, I have a problem with a function I already used in another code and it was working. In this expert, even inserting it does not change anything and does not seem to work, I mean the breakeven....
Hi, I just want to write some data to a csv. But I cannot see my mistake I get error 5004 over and over again. It creates the file, but it's size=0. The Timer is set to 5 sec. the "int start()"-function doesn't help either. Thanks in advance void OnTimer(){if (RunEA && IsTradeAllowed()) {   int...
Good morning everyone, I wrote an expert Advisor in mql4 format which open position at certain time of the day, it calculate number of lots, take profit and stop loss. Now I want to change it because it doesn’t work very well and I want that it open position when the candlestick start (in the...
Hello everyone, I was asked by a friend of mine to attempt a code to show similarities with matching pairs. I found a code online which sort of did it, but after I modified the code isn't working correctly. I tried to track it down again, but I was not successful in finding the code again. Q:  How...
hello there,  I am new to MQL4 and i am trying to draw a horizontal line (ray) on OHLC of a candlestick. So far, I am unable to do so. I tried ObjectCreate but no luck. Please help me out. 
  alert  (1)
hello there I want to set an alert on my mt4 platform but I want it on the over bought or oversold indicator . can some one help me
Hi, I have some problems with my strategy tester.. I don't know why every time I run the tester only few day is ccalculated. For example: I set the usage from 01/01/2011 to 31/12/2011 the tester calculate only 01/01/11-05/01/11 or: I set usage from 01/01/2012 to 31/03/2012 the tester calculate only...
Hi, When saving a detailed statement from your MT4 account history, I see that there is a small section in the working orders that displays comments from an automated system, in the last column in the working orders section (as shown from account history). These comments would be extremely useful...
If Im using an iCustom function and my indicator has an output I want to use in my EA, can I?
Hi guys... Can anyone tell me how to insert a small "1/2" symbol into my Text....  string HalfHourSymbol = "?";string NFP_HeadsUp = "NFP Starts in 1"+HalfHourSymbol+" hours"; ...I'm struggling to work this small thing out... Thanx
  comment not show  (9)
Hi at all, i'm experimenting a very strange problem, i re-used some code from my old EA but the comment inserted in the OrderSend doesn't appear in Terminal even if the field Comment is selected. The strage thing is that, the same instruction in another EA works. Below the two statements: 1....
Hi I have 2 questions. 1-How can I check the last order ,closed with takeprofit or closed manually ? if closed with take profit, for example do something . 2-for every new order , ea check the other open orders ,if difference between ASK price and any order open price is higher than certain amount ,...
Hello, I'm testing a lot of EA in this period and often I observed that SL/TP values are not respected if setted in OrderSend function. Maybe I have to set a SL of 20 pips but, when order will be created, often it differs from 20 pips. I think that this happens because I check multiple time to...
Hello dear programmers, I am building an EA based on my strategy but as I am still learning how to code properly I ran into some troubles. Would really appreciate your help! So basically lets say that my strategy generates  SELL signals at the price of X and then Y and then Z and so on. How can I...
Hi Guys, I am trying to back test an EA . My friend is reporting success with this EA and I wanted to check it out before dropping onto a chart on my Live account. It will not run on anything other than a Tallinex Live account. I set the Tester to run from 1st Jan 2017 to 25th August 2017 but it...
Hi everyone, I'm a beginner and I'm trying to learn. I have a problem, in this practice expert, I insert the stop loss exactly on the minimum of the candle and I would like the RR ratio to be 1 to 1. I'm trying to calculate the difference in pips between the maximum and the minimum and then add it...