MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 372

Hi There, Is there a link where tells the update from old version of MT4 to new version? Because my EA which coded previously doesn't work well since there was an update. I had to re-code it but my EA doesn't function well (placing trade) as it used to.. Can anyone help me please? I am very...
Hi all another riddle, At the moment I am using an MT4 Client Terminal and DDE server is enabled. With EXCEL 2007 I can run Using the command : ='MT4'|BID!EURUSD I get 1.14745 ='MT4'|BID!AUDUSD I get 1.53659 ='MT4'|BID!GBPUSD I get N/A Please note: That GBPUSD is updating in my MT Client Terminal
  Trade copier  (2)
I've been looking all over the forum and codebase for a local trade copier that closes the last trade before opening the next but only of the current type (buy or sell). Can someone point me to one if you are familiar or share code? Thank you
I'm putting together an EA, I'm testing this indicator "SMI" https://www.mql5.com/en/code/7203. For some reason after I read the first 2 values I get a maximum double value "2147483647.0", I've attached a screenshot of the Journal window which shows this. I'm not sure whether this is my code or the...
I have found the above thread while looking for some help.  I would like to be able to compare the last two moving average cross prices (slow MA).   How would I be able to change the methods shown in this thread to be able to do this? https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/216386 The methods seem to only get...
Hello!  Where should I put an .hst file. I have a GBPUSD 1M file thats about 500mb. I put it in the history folder but nothing happens when I load up MT4. What am I doing wrong?
double a=iBands(NULL, 0,20,2,0,MODE_LOW,1,1) double b=iBands(NULL, 0,20,2,0,MODE_LOW,1,2) if ( iClose (NULL, 0,1)>a&&iClose(NULL, 0,2)<b)
I have two questions: 1. Is it possible to programmatically control allowing trades? 2. In strategy tester, is it possible to select exact starting time of testing? Thanks.
I want to ask you the proper way to get a object (in example a Button) repositionate after changing the size of the chart. Thanks
Hello! I wrote an Indicator which works just fine. It has 5 Buffers in total, which are all working fine (i checked in the data-window when applied to a chart and they contain values where they should). Now i created an EA wich reads this indicators buffers. I can read the first 3 Buffers...
Hi, can someone please advise an EA for GBP USD that would wait for the 1 hour candle to close at 3 am EST, that calculates the high and low of the previous 1 hour candle and then set two pending orders; a buy stop 10 pips above this 2 am EST candle high price and a sell stop 10 pips below...
Hello Guys,  I recently changed the broker and started using the MT4 platform. It's amazing how much is possible with it. But frankly I'm also a bit overwhelmed and searching for something specific is not that easy. So I'd like to ask you for help. Does anyone happen to know if there is an...
Hi all, I have a copy/paste script that can copy trendlines, vertical lines and horizontal lines that I draw on my charts. The ideea to do this is to be able to draw them on naked charts and then copy paste them on the same charts after I apply templates.  The problem is that this copy/paste script...
  Slippage and stop losses  (15   1 2)
For the purpose of reducing the exposure to slippage, is there any difference between using regular stop losses embedded in open orders or using OrderClose() function at the relevant price level? Which method would you advise? Thanks.
  Need help to finish my EA  (12   1 2)
I've created an EA which is supposed to open trades base on RSI values and should work on 15min time frame. But it doesn't recognize the 3AM candle on everyday so doesn't open any trade. I appreciate if someone kindly debug this code for me. If the RSI is above 50 at 3:00AM ET (15Min. candle close),...
I use an EA to partially close positions but in the account history those orders result as a deposit instead of profits as you can see in the picture. it's pretty annoying because the detailed statement will be wrong. how can i solve this?
Hi friends I read the documentation about StopLevel and FreezeLevel, but for being confident about where to check StopLevel and FreezeLevel I decided to ask it from experts. I want to know whether I should use both -StopLevel and FreezeLevel- for all the following trade operations: OrderSend,...
[Deleted]
Questions about that were asked quiet oftenly and I read all answers and some article fitting to that topic - and I still cannot solve that simple problem :/ PLEASE HELP ME! I want to draw a trendline using ObjectCreate("Trendline",OBJ_TREND,0,Price1,Time1,Price2,Time2); I want Price1, Time1 to...
Seit langem wieder wollte ich jetzt ein Signal kopieren. Wollte ich, geht aber nicht ..... Und zwar fehlt bei mir das Register "Signals". Hatte das schon mal jemand? Was kann ich da machen? Account habe ich bei Activtrades.
Hello everyone! I have developed an indicator to draw RSI sensitivity (for the sake experiment). What I want it to draw, is two lines which gives RSI sensitivity each for a bearish and bullish candle. But it draws nothing. Can anyone help me to find where I took the wrong turn? The code is attached....
Hi, I am starting to write my first EA which looks at the crosser over of the moving averages and stochastic main/signal lines. The issue I'm having is that it will only take the trade if the crossover of both the MA's and stoch occur on the same candle. I want it to be able to recognize if both...
Could someone please edit this indicator to display in a different corner and change the text size ? 
[Deleted]
Dear all, For me to able to monitor the market, I want to have many charts open. I noticed when opening the charts, that the Terminal limits the amount of charts to a max of 128. Of course I just copied/programmed the way the charts should look (indicators...) in the profiles section of MetaTrader...
Hello forum! I was wondering if anyone knows a way to share account growth information with investors without showing trades, balance, etc. Basically a way to only show the growth percentage of an account to a third party. Thanks in advance for your input!
Is it? Anyone tried both and care to tell me is the Linux hassle worth it for stability or anything else?
Hi i'd like to limit the use of an indicator so it cannot be used in EAs but i'm not sure if it is possible thanks for help Jeff
  Error # 130  (2)
In this function, I'm getting error # 130 at the "else" section (underlined) of the OrderModify(). What is wrong here? Thanks a lot. int targetRaw = 40;double target = NormalizeDouble((double)targetRaw / 10000.0, 5);void Sell_Order(double price, double stopLoss, double takeProfit)  {   double...
OrderTakeProfit() does not show the actual take profit price if you modify the take profit value of the order, it shows the original value (it was 0 in my case) present there before modifying. Is this a normal behaviour or known bug
i tried to test my ea by the strategy tester , but it open only sell order. what 's wrong? //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| 200SMA_CCI25.mq4 |//| Copyright 2015, MetaQuotes Software...
Hi everybody, It's the first time I'm posting here, so: apologies if I don't respect some forum rule which I still don't know. I have a question about "off quotes" error. In one of my MetaTrader4 account (broker: CMC) - which is a "Market" execution type broker, I had, some time ago, an off quotes...