MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1422

[Deleted]
Hi, Im working on an EA (really just leaning how to program in MT4 ) And I had an idea and I want to know if its possible. First let there be a condition and the EA opens an order With no SL or TP (I know this is not practical, but bare with me) OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,1,Ask,3,0,0,"Well Placed...
[Deleted]
I just started live trading...I trade using the crossing of two lines...being 1. Time series forecast "TSF @ 13 period" 2. xpma 8 @ period I would be very very grateful to anyone who can make me an alert signal indicator, which will alert me whenever the two lines cross over.. 1. it should show an
[Deleted]
Is there a way to have an EA look at the last trade and see whether or not it was profitable? If it was profitable, I'd like it to take one action, and if it lost money because it hit its stop loss, I'd like it to take another action. Any ideas on how to do this? Perhaps one global variable that...
Hello, What I'm trying to do, is calculating the average price change in lets say the 10 last ticks. Does anyone know how this could be realized? Thanks in advance, Eggat
[Deleted]
I've got a Braintrend indicator that is set to alert whenever a braintrend dot is drawn, however, the dot repaints during the course of a candle and I only want alerts when the Braintrend is set, so the candle after. How can this be done?...
Hi, I'm trying to have the same history data on EURUSD on two different computer. The 2 platforms are from the same broker. One is the one I am using since a few months and the other is just a new one I have just installed. At first I have downloaded the eurusd history with the DOWNLOAD button but I
Is there a way to check when an order closes whether it hit it's stop loss or take profit? How do youm know when it has closed to trigger some code?
[Deleted]
My Forex Monster demo account started with $3,000 in it but has now got down to just $352.71. I think it is no longer tradeing in sim for me because the funds are so low in my account as I can see arrows for trades being taken but no trading occuring in my trade area. How can I increase my demo/sim...
[Deleted]
Its probably silly problem for somebody... but I am unable to make function to act following: Beginning: indicator1 value=0 indicator2 value=0 A=0 Step1: indicator1 value=1 indicator2 value=0 A=1 Step2: indicator1 value=0...
Starting August 2, 2009: http://www.fxsolutions.com/learning-tools/tutorials/nfa/fifo.asp I heard that the platform Meta Trader 4 is not compatible with the NFA. Why is that? Will made some moves in that direction and when? If not, the days of the MT4 platform are counted because of the major...
[Deleted]
I want to calculate the slope of a line that is Perpendicular to a known line: Line A is Perpendicular to line B; Slope of Line A: SlopeA = (Price1-Price2)/(bar2-bar1); Because Line A is vertical to line B, So: SlopeA*SlopeB = -1; Therefore: SlopeB = - 1/SlopeA = - (bar2-bar1)/(Price1-Price2);...
[Deleted]
A stupid oscillator that i want to show the result of the range variabile... If the range a 5days today is 140, mark a line there, if tomorrow will be 150 mark a line there and so on.... i had fixed the top and the bottom at 120 and 250 how i can do it...because not appear nothing in the indicator!...
[Deleted]
My expert keeps create, open CSV file, and writing the data line in CSV file. When I open the CSV file I find that the data line was written and repeated many times. Please tell me how to solve this problem?
[Deleted]
  How to protect my EA??  (11   1 2)
Hello How can someone protect an EA? For example: If I have an EA I want to sell but don't want people to be able to see what it is made from and / or change anything in it. Thanks!
I wrote an EA to place orders from an email signal service and subsequently manage the orders afterwards. However any attempts to partially close orders and take profit at predefined levels have so far been impossible. Iam using the OrdersSuite.mqh file available here which includes all error...
[Deleted]
I am trying to do a few different types of trades that will execute without me being there. 1) A trade order that triggers when a certain criteria is hit. For instance, if eur/usd is at 1.3990. Once it goes past 1.4000 to 1.4015, I want a trade to be triggered to buy at 1.4000 with stops and...
[Deleted]
[Deleted]
double M14A=iMA(Symbol(),240,14,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_OPEN,1); double MDHC=iMACD(Symbol(),240,12,25,9,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_MAIN,8); if(DayOfWeek()!=1 && Hour()==0 && Minute() < 1) { if (Seconds() < 10) { GlobalVariableDel("buy"); GlobalVariableDel("sell");...
can someone post a statement.htm file that shows the following 1. comments section 2. Open TimeTypeSizeItemPriceS / LT / PPriceCommissionTaxesSwapProfit Does NOT show the following: 1. Account number 2. customer name 3. TICKET NUMBER
Hello all, Alright, I`m gonna be the noob of the day, but going through the docs and examples, there is something that I conceptually don't get . Right now if I display an OBJ_LABEL on the chart, it takes the value at the time of the initialisation of the EA and that`s it . What is the correct...
I need to do a lot of regression. My regression functions would benefit hugely from being able to return multiple values somehow. Returning an array (or structure) would be acceptable but I can't find a way to do that. Is there a recommended way to return two (or more) values from a function?
Hi all, a real newbie here, can anyone point me in the right direction and tell me why the profit on these trades is around 40% less than it should be. Im on a micro account. Im of the opinion that the top trade should have a profit of 0.40 The same thing happens on all trades i have done. 14019341...
[Deleted]
  for all . . . .  (1)
where can i get the expert advisor software for free ?
Can metatrader atleast release the code structure of mql5 so that atleast programmers will know how different it will look from mql4. It looks like all metatrader cares about is the brokers and not the traders, metatrader show an even hand in your business dealings if you want to be around for a...
Hello, does anyone know how to code a filter to the expert below? So it looks for another custom indicator in daily and determines the direction and then adjusts the maximum risk percentage? Based on that then it will enter on the direction of the same indicator on the h4 chart? This expert will be...
[Deleted]
I see how to get market data for other symbols using MarketInfo() as described in other posts, but how can I pass this data to the indicator functions? EG, I've got an EA that's trading on EURUSD and I want it to trade based on the SMA for USDJPY. In ordinary circumstances I'd just specify the...
Does anyone know how to convert the history data that is in excel csv with full stop in the date area to one that has comma in the date. I have my own little program that i use to draw up the chart, so i need to convert what the gotrader data has to commas', any help would be great.
[Deleted]
if the sever provide ten pair of money to trade(such as EURUSD,GBPCAD,......CADCHF),how cani get all of the names.
I can add text to a chart using the toolbar "Text Label" button. [I do not mean the "Text" button] Later, if I change intervals or add an indicator, the text sometimes disappears. Is there a way to KEEP the text FIXED on the chart? Thanks.
[Deleted]
Hello everybody, is it possible to give a new order a magicnumber without using an expert advisor? On the orderwindow I only can add a commentary. Thanks. Wolfgang