MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1423

Hi all, a real newbie here, can anyone point me in the right direction and tell me why the profit on these trades is around 40% less than it should be. Im on a micro account. Im of the opinion that the top trade should have a profit of 0.40 The same thing happens on all trades i have done. 14019341...
[Deleted]
  for all . . . .  (1)
where can i get the expert advisor software for free ?
Can metatrader atleast release the code structure of mql5 so that atleast programmers will know how different it will look from mql4. It looks like all metatrader cares about is the brokers and not the traders, metatrader show an even hand in your business dealings if you want to be around for a...
Hello, does anyone know how to code a filter to the expert below? So it looks for another custom indicator in daily and determines the direction and then adjusts the maximum risk percentage? Based on that then it will enter on the direction of the same indicator on the h4 chart? This expert will be...
[Deleted]
I see how to get market data for other symbols using MarketInfo() as described in other posts, but how can I pass this data to the indicator functions? EG, I've got an EA that's trading on EURUSD and I want it to trade based on the SMA for USDJPY. In ordinary circumstances I'd just specify the...
Does anyone know how to convert the history data that is in excel csv with full stop in the date area to one that has comma in the date. I have my own little program that i use to draw up the chart, so i need to convert what the gotrader data has to commas', any help would be great.
[Deleted]
if the sever provide ten pair of money to trade(such as EURUSD,GBPCAD,......CADCHF),how cani get all of the names.
I can add text to a chart using the toolbar "Text Label" button. [I do not mean the "Text" button] Later, if I change intervals or add an indicator, the text sometimes disappears. Is there a way to KEEP the text FIXED on the chart? Thanks.
[Deleted]
Hello everybody, is it possible to give a new order a magicnumber without using an expert advisor? On the orderwindow I only can add a commentary. Thanks. Wolfgang
Hi folks! I'm trying to build a hedge EA. Basically my EA opens a buy in one pair and a sell in a correlated pair. Basically the isdea is to have the same number of buys as sells. My problem though is that sometimes the EA opens orders of the same type an now I have 2 sells and no buys (or vice
[Deleted]
Hi, I've been experimenting with passing different types of MQL4 data types to a C++ DLL and have found something I think is a bit odd. If I define an array of double's as follows double myArray[3] = { 1.2, 3.2, 1.3 }; I can pass this by reference or by value to my C function MT4_EXPFUNC void...
Guys, so far, i want to say thank you for all your help in the past. I already published in "Code Base" my first EA but currently working on two other with much better performance.. Ive been working very hard on this for the past two months and think i need a brake now, lol.. I would also need a...
[Deleted]
I just wrote my second EA and it got a bit complex. In one part it calculates and move horizontal lines based on trade losers so the next trade is based from this new position. The problem is when you have the EA running and decide to check the inputs and possibly make a change--when you close the...
[Deleted]
Hi all! I'm facing a problem with a simple EA based on a custom indicator (posted hereby Kiko Segui). The idea is simply to enter/exit trades when the custom indicatorcrosses the zero line from below/above. This indicator seem to be extremely powerful on most currencies! The problem is that the...
[Deleted]
I"ve been using MetaTrader for a 8 months or so. Recently i've come accross a problem while coding a new EA that I haven't been able to solve. My EA calls "iLow" and "iHigh" functions on a 1 min time frame. My EA is testing on a daily chart. I've narrowed the problem down to the fact that while...
I am getting order modify error 1 in this code - any ideas why? MovetoBreakEven is set to 300 (30pips):       if (MovetoBreakEven>0)            {         int totaltoBE = OrdersTotal();         for(int itoBE=totaltoBE-1;itoBE>=0;itoBE--)         {            if( OrderSelect(itoBE,SELECT_BY_POS) &&...
  Old tick  (2)
First of all... I saw all topics about it in the forum, however,  the answers do not match the reality of my EA. My EA is running in a VPS and the EA is working with 2 pairs. EUR-GBP/CHF. But, from one week, the journal is showing a message of "Old Tick 0.0000/0.0000" where the 0 is the price of the...
It seems when you execute some scripts, a pop-up window opens, allowing you to change the Properties. Other scripts execute immediately without the pop-up window. I have a simple script that does NOT open the properties window. What can I change to get the window to open? Thanks....
Hello, Is it possible to write an Expert Advisor that sends an Order when a line or a special price is reached that can be edited while it is running? If yes, how? Thank you very much, Eggat
  AutoGraf Series 4 - MQL features.  (351   1 2 3 4 5 ... 35 36)
Brief description of the AutoGraf 4 application. (full description will be published after completion of public testing of AutoGraf 4.80416 betta) Purpose of the application. AutoGraf 4 is an application program for manual, automatic and semi-automatic order management in the MetaTrader 4 client
  MT4 slowing down  (2)
Hi, I am witnessing a phenomenon of slowing down on 3 different MT4 platforms. In the begining each MT4 works fine, but after I start using Strategy Tester, each slows down considerably, and each mouse click takes 5 seconds to respond. What am I doing wrong? Thanks
dude, i need script code example to activate specific "profiles" (what i mean by profile is =File>Profiles>profilename) Cheers!
[Deleted]
Could anyone help me here? I want to search orders, find one with a certain magicnumber, then assess that order's close time to see if it is less than current time(the order has been closed), then delete an existing pending order with a different magicnumber. Can anyone code this for me? Please help...
[Deleted]
Hello, i'm running a strategy tester and wonder how the same EA give different result (but similiar) when part of the code compiled in a DLL ? i already conduct a research to test if the DLL give the same result as without DLL and the DLL is okay. The question is .. what went wrong ? anybody have...
[Deleted]
Hi, I have tried the RSS FEED program, it works very well, however, after a while I get this error: Fileopen-too many opened files. How do I fix the problem?
[Deleted]
  MQL to WEB?  (1)
Is there a simple piece of code that can write a HTML file on a remote server through MT4? FTP based, username/password. Please let me know, twizt
How do you remove a stop or limit on an order? Seems like you can only modify or delete the order but not remove the stop or limit once set
[Deleted]
I created a formula that runs on an EA that performs average of +1200% profit/ year. Proof available. The EA performs on historical data and real time data. I am looking for serious investors to make the next great successful financial company. Only serios enquires, please! hadzy@yahoo.com
  DoubleMacd+Rsi  (35   1 2 3 4)
Here is one more EA that might be useful (our forward testing showed that it is a moderate risk, "no nonsense" EA ) Basis of it are two MACD's (a "fast" one and a "slow" one) and Rsi used as confirmation for entering ___________________________ Some of the issues it solved (in advance ) :Automatic...
ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,3,Ask-(StopLoss*Point),Ask+(TakeProfit*Point),"abc sample",16384,0,Green); if(ticket>0) { if(OrderSelect(ticket,SELECT_BY_TICKET,MODE_TRADES)) Print("BUY order opened : ",OrderOpenPrice(), "buy",OrderOpenTime()); } my program is very simple and easy,but when...