Who currently makes money with an EA?

1.) What is your strategy?

2.) What are you indicator, if any?

3.) What road did you take to your success?

I currently make money with a probabalistic approach on EURUSD 1H.

I make a calculation from the previous bar as to the most likely direction of travel and set a very conservative TP with a trailing stop. I trade once per hour and net about $20 per hour doing so.

I started with indicators, NeuralNets and finally just noticed that there is plenty of travel within a bar in EURUSD 1H to make a profit, even if the trade swings in the opposite direction for the first half of the hour. :)

Who else makes real money using an EA?

AN

I do

I have several, some just mine, others are collaborations

Many or... none

Sheer bloody determination, ingenuity & more determination

> I currently make money with a probabalistic approach on EURUSD 1H.

Great news, very pleased :)

Good luck in the future

-BB-

arachnode.net:

I make a calculation from the previous bar as to the most likely direction of travel and set a very conservative TP with a trailing stop. I trade once per hour and net about $20 per hour doing so.

I started with indicators, NeuralNets and finally just noticed that there is plenty of travel within a bar in EURUSD 1H to make a profit, even if the trade swings in the opposite direction for the first half of the hour. :)

Yes. I've developed profitable EAs. In fact it annoyed me last week by making a profit every bloomin' day when I needed even just one day's loss to perform live validation of a new feature I was developing. Fingers crossed for a losing day this week...

Answers

1) Straight to the point eh? Sorry, not telling.

2) See above.

3) I collaborated with a friend who has been researching a fairly unique approach over the last 15 years. Although I've 25 yrs experiernce in IT, my day job is as a commercial chopper pilot. Given the current economic climate, however, I've found the time to write all the EAs required to automate my friend's strategies. I'm now head of technology in his research company and we are in negotiations with some major industry players.

I'm pleased you are successful with your approach. Good luck that it continues.

CB

arachnode.net:

any idea or example how to go about doing a probabalistic neural network?

Hi,

I am a very beginner in the programming field. It happens that i have a trading strategy that might work well if i have a hybrid EA including NN. However,i couldnot afford time or effort to start learning everything about advanced programming, genetic algorithms or Neural networks. I surfed to find out if there is a software can enable me to build an EA without the need of advanced programming knowledge.Actually, if this will work, i could design, my what i call it, prototype EA. If this prototype EA shows promising results, i might go further to professionally produce it. For example, by hiring a professional programmer or contacting a reputable programming company.

Now, i found Neuroshell software could satisfy me with my need in this area of designing and building an EA without much programming knowlege.

My wondering, if you know guys any of their compititors that i could look at and make a fair comparison based on my needs and what they offer so i could decide which one i will go for??

Thanks for you patience and time

Hope to hear from you soon.

Email: McGene2010@yahoo.com

arachnode.net:

I do. I hope I can help all of you do. FREE DOWNLOAD my EA from www.4xGoEasy.com

Reason: