MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1424

Hi, I started learning about several different scalping systems. Some people are using M1, some M5. Why is there so little information about using intra-M1 changes on the tick level? I started gathering each tick and saving them into CSV files. They give some useful information and may be great for...
How is it possible to uniquely identify a Tick? Is there such a thing as a Tick ID, such that when looking at different MetaTrader terminals connected to the same broker server, we can see whether each terminal received (or skipped) a tick with a particular Tick ID? I can't really use TimeCurrent()...
[Deleted]
We have to be carefull, because in the process of trading we are risking capital. Banks pay a paultry 2% for the priveledge of using our money for a year (CD Rates), but thanks to the FDIC, our original capital is secure. I really feel some of these robots being hawked on the internet which show you...
  MACD Indicator  (1)
hi everyone can anybody modify standard MACD indicator to paint bars BLUE when MACD value is higher than signal and RED when MACD value is lower than signal. if it is already done please tell me where can I get it? thanks Victor1967
[Deleted]
how to get the positons of macd (a, b,c) ? please help me,thanks ! i have write some codes of that,but it is wrong when i test,i don't know why ?can you help me ? #include <stdlib.mqh> #include <WinUser32.mqh> #property indicator_chart_window #property indicator_buffers 2 #property indicator_color1...
I use Contest Account the price is something like 1.4540. But I applied for a demo account the price is like 1.45408.I ask this question because when I use Stop Loss,  there will be different result. Say stop loss is 20, then 1.4540's stop loss is 1.4520 when open a buy. 1.45408's stop loss is 1...
[Deleted]
  taxes
Can tax info be downloaded into a US 1040 schedule D for annual return purposes?
It seems buy and sell orders come 1 minute after indicator singals them in the EA. I am using opening price as model. What could be the reason for the delay ? Thank you
  activation  (3)
I was using mt4 on another pc but now just get a message on each chart window saying WAITING FOR UPDATE.
  OrderClose error  (2)
Hi I keep getting 138 errors on OrderClose Does anyone have any idea why ? Could not find proper answer on the forum
It will be better if you only post your results when you struck gold with real live accounts. Based on my experience, any golden back tests and even demo tests could easily fall apart when it comes to live test. This is because brokers with dealing desk or banks on ECN accept orders and close orders
[Deleted]
Can Anyone explain why the second trade doesn't open. I'm trying to channel prices with a BUYSTOP and A SELLSTOP But it takes one or the other but not both can someone explain?? " //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| Signal Begin(Entry)...
[Deleted]
Hi Everybody. Is there a way to set indicators to refresh every 200ms vs. every tick/new quote? Programing and testing during the weekend at this moment is impossible. =/ Thanks.
Dear Experts. I need your assistance. I am looking for an 200-Simple Moving Average indicator here to download for MetaTrader account. In addition, is there a download possibility in form of a script, because of lot of pending orders (assuming more as 100 lot orders to delete)into MetaTrader...
Hi, I am FINISHED! I have tried everything possible to get my MA onto the Overbought and Oversold lines. But nothing worked. The Lines are drawn without problems when I didn't try to build an Average. But then I struggle to get a Moving Average of these green and red lines. Because It's one of my...
Hi, I was wondering what is the difference between the green and the blue line. the green line goes down right away, while the blue line does not.
Hi, Example I have a colorHMAMA, which have green for trend up, red for trend down, and yellow for flat, i would like to use this color to confirm in ea, how can i check the color? Im able to check the value by using: double HMAValue = iCustom(NULL,0,"colorHMAMA",24,0,3,1,2,0,0, candle1); i have no...
Hi, Do you know any brokers that include VPS hosting in their package ?(either free or paid)
Hi, I am new to mql. In the simple expert advisor example in the book is a line that says if(total < 1) should this not be if(total > 1)
Hello, I`m backtesting my own EA on a (very) short time frame, 2 days at a Period of M1 (I`ve got the offline history data) . But the strategy tester always seem to hang around 40 % ( it actually races through up to 40 % ) . The CPU is still maxed out and the ram used stays around 170 Megs . I`ve...
Hi guys, I'm a new learner in mql4, can anyone of you here explain me what does this mean ? can i come out an ea based on the following setting ? i understand that ea doesnt allow setindexbuffer, anyone could help me out here ? Thanks =^_^= for(i=0; i<limit; i++) { if(Buffer1[i] >...
People traders what is the best and most understandable indicator to make a profit on an H1 timeframe
Hallo, wenn Sie Hilfe und Unterstützung bei der Umsetzung Ihrer Handelsstrategie als Expert Advisor oder Hilfe zur MQL4-Programmierung im deutschsprachigen Raum suchen, dann können Sie sich unter http://www.ea-programmierung.de/ informieren oder alternativ hier im Forum auf diese Meldung antworten.
I am trying for hours yet I can't connect to their mail server. Is the server down?
[Deleted]
Hi Here is a chart with arrows marking the candles that CLOSE HIGHER than the previous candle's HIGH or CLOSE LOWER than the previous candle's LOW. I would like to change the custom indicator to only show the candle that makes a NEW HIGH CLOSE or NEW LOW CLOSE of a sequence. I've highlighed these...
I've been playing around with a demo account. Yesterday (7 Aug 2009) I went short on EURUSD at 1.42357 and took profits at 1.41761. This is a total of 0.00596. Do I interpret that as 59.6 pips? When I traded I set the volume to 1.00. Is this £1? (I'm from UK). What actually is volume? I made £357.41...
[Deleted]
Hi guys, How could I see on which pairs my EA performs best? I don't want to click through every currency pair while backtesting. I would like to use optimization (EA would trade different currency pairs depending on external variable subjected to optimization) . E.g. if a=1 than ea trades EURUSD...
[Deleted]
Do to lack of programming skill my buying function looks like this: isBuying = (DMAsteepness > DDS && H4MAsteepness > H4S && triggerema > NormalizeDouble(Ask,5) && adxblack > 35 && adxblack < 55 && adxblackp < 55 && atrcurrent < 0.0070 && (Hour()>9 && Hour()<24) Should it look something more like...
Hi, Example, i would like to write an ea check the current candle, the previous candle, and the previous of the previous candles condition: if the previous of the previous candles = bearish candle ( close < open) the previous candle = bullish candle ( open < close) and current candle = bearish