EXPERIENCED FOREX TRADERS/EA PROGRAMMERS PLEASE LOOK!!! is a 50%+ portfolio in only 5 days possible? This seems too good to be true... - page 4

I agree with the warnings behind the martingale theory exposed here. Martingale is a risky strategy that can only be tried in emergency situations, as recovery mode only, when affordable, and NOT as a money making strategy, like it is portrayed here. Even as a recovery strategy, for it to work many factors should be considered. For example: the seed size, move distance, equity to risk ratio, etc. Handling martingale strategies successfully is not a trivial thing; it requires many lines of analytical code. So, beware of simple experts that claim to double your equity in short periods. Remember, there is a mathematical chance that any expert could double your money in a short period. The question is, could the same expert sustain the same success rate for long periods, say, months or even years?

As you can see the problem with martingale systems is that they seem to be profitable on a bases and then when they fail....they fail woefully.....I once developed an EA based it and it proved profitable on M15 for about 3 months.....but just when I thought I had had the HOLY GRAIL and wanted to move it over to my real account.......... IT FAILED WITH A BALANCE OF $-23 from about $34,000. I have then modified it although it now uses a more ideal martingale technique which does not have the martingale structure.......I'm currently using in on my real acccount and has been 74% profitable over the last 5 months..... If you think you need to get your code modified ..I would want to see the code so we could discuss on it probably share mine with you if it arises......best of trading

my email addreaa is starlimit03@yahoo.com.......if you dont mind.

robotalfa wrote >>
I agree with the warnings behind the martingale theory exposed here. Martingale is a risky strategy that can only be tried in emergency situations, as recovery mode only, when affordable, and NOT as a money making strategy, like it is portrayed here. Even as a recovery strategy, for it to work many factors should be considered. For example: the seed size, move distance, equity to risk ratio, etc. Handling martingale strategies successfully is not a trivial thing; it requires many lines of analytical code. So, beware of simple experts that claim to double your equity in short periods. Remember, there is a mathematical chance that any expert could double your money in a short period. The question is, could the same expert sustain the same success rate for long periods, say, months or even years?

RA

All well said :)

I find that even proportional lot sizing is a high risk (if potentially very rewarding) strategy)
This where a set % of the AccountEquity is used to determine lot size
You can spot EA equity graphs where proportional lot sizing has been used - steep initial gains followed by near vertical losing periods until lot size is reduced by equity reduction!

Martingale is a betting method - we are supposed to be speculating - a subtle but important difference

I will not code up a Martingale EA...

FWIW

-BB-

can you give a chance to test your EA? if yes email me obd5678@gmail.com please.

in case performance is good, i will buy it...

Reason: