MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1429

[Deleted]
  Can anyone help?  (2)
Where can we get meta editor MQL4,we can't learn the language without having the program.
Hi Daneil i will waiting for your kindly help for my new EA,my e-mail add welfordooi@yahoo.com, i have a profitable manual trading system,but i lost my life of trading day and nite. Hope you be able to help me on my new EA. at the same time i share with you what do i have
To see whether the short-term indicators are very accurate in the long-term absolute up every week or the form or that the indicators for a better discipline to use, novices and non-see indicators do not fit, want to have the strength and sincerity of a friend and Prudential do not contact me no...
Hi, I don't know if it's normal but when I test a EA on two month of time, backtest finish in two hour or more (tick by tich method). I know of people spend few minute for the same operation. What's wrong ? Actually when I test an EA I wanna try more time frame and more variable combinations but...
[Deleted]
OK. Here is the start of the indicator code. All I need to do is enter a trade on the same bar as when the arrow first appears ############################ #property indicator_chart_window #property indicator_buffers 2 #property indicator_color1 Blue #property indicator_color2 Fuchsia int gi_76 =...
When you tune an EA for establishing adequate leverage, lote size, it yields distinct "net profit", "profit factor", and "MAXIMAL DRAWDOWN". So, my question is which values are considered as acceptables for the "percentage drawdown"? 1% ? 10%? 20%? more??? ........?? Thanks AM.
[Deleted]
  newbie EA :)  (3)
hi all im trying to build my first EA is it possible to look for a custom indicator on the previous candle? and if yes how? thanks in advance
[Deleted]
Hi, I trade fx for around 6 month only. I have read Automation Trading Championship sponsor by MQL4. I am impress by Auto trading. I would like to learn how to write a EA. I am not a IT guy and know nothing about programing, but I am willing to spend time to learn. How should I start? I have read
[Deleted]
Thanks everyone, this problem was solved. ************************ Hi. By using this script, you can copy objests from chart A to chart B just fine, but you can't make it copy from chart B to chart A at the same time. How to copy: 1 Set extern bool bMaster = false for chart A, which you want to copy...
  Help: stochastic readings  (14   1 2)
Hey all, I have been trying to develop an expert based on stochastic. I use readings on PERIOD_H1, with the following commands: STO_Value_current = iStochastic(Symbol(),PERIOD_H1,K,D, Slowing,MODE_SMA,0,MODE_MAIN,0); STO_Value_prev = iStochastic(Symbol(),PERIOD_H1,K,D, Slowing,MODE_SMA,0,MODE_MAIN...
I am trying to create an EA to trade from a signals service provider - eventually anyway. For now I am trying to program just the functions to read in the necessary information. Two approaches I am considering: 1. The alerts come via email, I can download these into either one .mbox file or separate...
Dear All, Here is the indicator code...it compiles ok but doesn't show any values. In debugging, I found that it is unable to populate ROC array..what am I doing wrong? ************************************************************************************************...
  Array parameters  (5)
Hi there, I'm just getting started with MQL4 but I'm not new to programming. I've had fun setting up a few indicators preparatory to writing some EAs to implement and test trading strategies. Can anyone tell me how I pass array parameters ? For example I want to take a mean of a range out of a time
[Deleted]
can any one make a program that if i want to close only the sell and close only the buy
[Deleted]
Hello, can anybody tell me how to find the first Bar of a indicator? I want to calculate a the first value in a specific way, and afterwards calculate every new indicator value an basis of the previous. thank you for help
[Deleted]
Hi, I am new to metatrader MQL but have heavy experience in programming. I am trying to change the color of a candlestick bar based off an indicator. For instance if stochastics or RSI is greater then 80 then i want the candlestick bar for that tick to be blue if it is less then 20 i want the
FXCM is offering fractional pips, my EA stops working (it does not place orders) on FXCM demo. I don't know why. Anybody has an idea ? thanks
Do I have to restart the whole MetaTrader if I want to update my EA that is currently running on an account? Or, is it enough if I just copy the new modified EA the the experts- folder, and compile it?
how to carry out an OCO(one cancel the other) command in MT4? for example: i sell eur vs usd at 1.39500,then i set a sell oco,limitprice(takeprofit) at 1.4050,stopprice(stoploss) at 1.39000,how can i make system hit stoploss(stopprice) level while it automatic cancel another takeprofit order. how...
[Deleted]
The function IndicatorCounted() is returning a -1, how do I resolve this issue? Thanks in advance, A
Is there a way to work out if say the last 10 hourly candles are in a trend up or down? What I want to do is find a trend when price nears major points like 1.1, 1.5, 1.6, etc. and then add some orders if the price action has been in an uptrend or downtrend directly beforehand.
Well, I spend like one month trying to write an EA. I spend days and nights trying to find out out the correct combination of different indicators, but with very little or no luck. Then I read few post on this forum regarding generic algorithm, so I decided to create something very simple. I believe...
[Deleted]
Hello, I have an offline chart that I need to WindowScreenShoot() and then SendFTP(). The EA that I have coded this into will not work from an offline chart. SendFTP will not work from an indicator. I can run the EA from an active chart, but WindowScreenShoot does not accept a window handle to...
When is the release date for metatrader 5 client terminal, atleast give us an idea how long traders have to wait since the mql4 code will be different or can you guys release some documentation on the code.
[Deleted]
I've posted this in response to the latest post which suggests that the going price for an EA is $20. I'm frankly staggered at the number of new members on this forum who either can't describe the precise specification of their strategy, or who can't cut code, together with those who can do neither,...
[Deleted]
  fast navigation  (2)
Hello. New to mt4. after typing 2009.06.24 15:00 (the desired time I wanted to check price closing), the chart immediately goes back to the current time. Please help. Thank you.
  Interesting question...  (104   1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11)
They say the right question is half the answer. This seems to have occurred to me today. So I suggest a topic for discussion: "What is volatility in forex anyway?" ;)
[Deleted]
Hi, I am writing a custon indicator for MT4 and I want to set the height of the window it is running in from the indicator code. Can I do this in MT4?
[Deleted]
I have coded this Basic EA, which works fine, except fot the second half, which will not close orders, or operate the trailing stop. I have spent many hours, no Joy. I have exhauste all my knowledge, and am at a total loss. It all works Ok, but will not operate anything below the "...
[Deleted]
I found this ea and everything works except the trailing stop. The trailing stop moves once when hit but doesn't continue as the trade goes in profit. Any help would be much appreciated. or do you know of a similar EA. Thank You fxtrading24 .