MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1419

Can anybody direct me to a PDF file or an article about how to Import reliable data, into mt4 platform, so I can achieve 99% modeling quality ?? This would be data that I would purchase from a company like CQG or Comstock, it might be 1 year or 3-5 yrs worth. I find this to be one very big weakness...
[Deleted]
Hi, I was hoping that someone could assist me with tweaking the following code. I've manipulated code originally posted by GGekko - for which I'm very grateful. I've included a chart for your information. The BLUE ARROWS are marking candles that are CLOSING HIGHER THAN THE PREVIOUS HIGH. The...
here is code to get Bar's begin time working on MTF GetTime =(iTime(Symbol(),60,i)); its OK how we get Bar's end time ? Thanks
Is it possible to access price data from metatrader from another program? Does MT4 interact with other software? I believe eSignal has this feature, where people can write their own software, tools and indicators, integrating with eSignal as the data provider.
[Deleted]
Coders & Traders: In my quest to build the best system I possibly can, I soundly believe the very best testing and analysis should be utilized. To diversify the data I use as well as the conditions for varying brokers, I have downloaded dozens of MT4 platforms from all different brokerages all...
[Deleted]
Hi, i have 1M EURUSD historical data from 1999. However when i run iBars("EURUSD",PERIOD_1M) i get always 1001 bars. Why is that? I want to retrieve the exact number of 1M bars i have in history data, what is the function to use or how it is done? Thanks in advance
I've been running into problems on some 5 digit (fractional pip) brokers. MarketInfo() variables such as Point and TickSize are not being reported correctly, and I've noticed this across different brokers. We all know that Point is hosed -- I had to write a special routine to find the actual point...
[Deleted]
Hi every body I have a question. How can I choose a specific order in EA? For example there is 3 open order such as EURUSD, GBPUSD and USDJPY and I want to close only EURUSD order in a specific time by EA. How can I select and how can I close it?
[Deleted]
Dear friends at Forum MQL4 Community. I am Tony, a very new member and I just joined this community. I have a very bad experience in Index trading before. Now, I need to stand up and fix the mess. I see some tehnical indicators, such as Fractal and Alligator. Here is the comment about Fractal. The...
hello How do you code an ma cross as and entry and exit and also have a Pivot based entry and exit or somthing similar. The idea is to have short medium and long period entry and exits systems in a single EA. How do you allocate the various entry and exits to the open and close order functions....
[Deleted]
  last price digit  (2)
I have tried search for this but it appears to be not working. I have learned alot using it and has helped with many questions in the past. Is it possible to change the color of just the last price digit. Ex.. 1.2345.. I would like to make the 5 a different color than the 1.234. I have done this...
[Deleted]
Not sure if allowed to post this so sorry moderators and you can pull the post if i'm in any breach. The sytem is The ultimate forex predictor If you are interested you can PM with any question,please do not rubbish me but feel free to post any coments on the system if you wish EDIT I have sent a...
Dear Co-clients/Co-traders, Pls kindly let me know if I am the only one experiencing ORDERSEND problems since monday this week? Likewise, the MT4 crashes while experts are running?
Hello, Here is a bit of code Print("High :",High[1]," Low :",Low[1],"Digits :",Digits); Print("Normalized High :",NormalizeDouble(High[1],Digits)," Nomalized Low :",NormalizeDouble(Low[1],Digits)); And here are the results I'm getting : 2009.08.01 00:02:05 TradingExpertv16 GBPUSD...
I'd really like to test a few pairs at the same time... I cannot do it myself... If you can help me to make a multicurrency EA) I will understand the essence of working with several pairs... I wrote it myself, for five digits... ...and took something from the forum...) description here)
Hello freinds, How I can use the WTI prices within my expert and an Indicator, So I can see signals for trades? Thankes for your responses.
[Deleted]
  Brokers and Data  (3)
Hello all: I have a wonderful EA I wrote but I'm having some problems: I’m doing some thorough testing and I’ve found that running my same EA on the same type of platform (PFG MT4) demo account, I get conflicting trades. One platform will execute an order (when it should) and with all the same...
I want to make an expert that writes price data at specific time intervals, but so far, it only loops when a new tick of data comes in. Is there any way that it will loop constantly keeping track of the time, and then write data, like every five mintues, for a five mintue chart, etc.?
[Deleted]
Hi All, 4 months ago i started to trade with forex using mt4 platform, one thing i don't get how to executu script on chart. I spent quite some time working as developer in C# and C++, so i am quite good with coding. thing is when I drag even the simpliest script on chart, nothing happens, no new...
[Deleted]
am a nigerian and just new in hearing of forex though am trying to demotrade but i dont still understand the whole thing and i have heard of robots,so please someone help me,which robot can i use?which brooker can i use?and if i get a brooker and rot how do i install,activate,open a position,and...
Hi guys, Does my EA work only if my MT4 platform is OPEN and connected to the internet? What if I lose connection or my laptop battery runs out? is there any way to put my EA on a chart and let it run without consumming electricity? I want to go automated while staying green :)
i seen this in the new ivybot. can anyone enlighten me what is this system all about?
i would need someone to help me recode this indicator as i'm really bad at making MTF indicator use in M5
[Deleted]
Hi, Although this is my first post in this interesting forum, I am a becoming more skeptical about the usage of EA's in the market. I know there is enough liquidity in major markets to have such bots but my question rather focuses on the usage of them. Are EA's reliable on average? Also do you, as...
I need a ea for that can work for GBPUSD or any pair. Built for a Hour chart. I need it too. 1. Define the daily pivot When the pivot is broken. Then it does the following. 2. Place buy order at 20 above the daily pivot, or 3. Place sell order at 20 pips below daily pivot Also it places Stop Loss...
[Deleted]
Hi, I would like to know if someone else had already encounter the same "bug" as me. I have an indicator with a pop up alert showing up when the conditions are met. Since the indicator also show me the past, at first, I had all the alerts showing up at once when I first started the indicator. To...
[Deleted]
Dear MT4 programmers, I have a function called LoadSymbolData(). But instead of coding it like: void LoadSymbolData(string &broker_symbols) I wonder if it can be written like that: string LoadSymbolData() <--- return an string array As you know MT4 is not an object-oriented language, it's a little...
[Deleted]
Is there a way to download a searchable documentation of MQL4? I have been trying to find the documentation for iCustom() but have had NO luck so far. The documentation book is not searchable and this website has a piss poor search engine so I am lost just asking you people is you can help.
[Deleted]
Can any one direct me to where can I start from learning MQL coding? Absolute new to coding. Thank you,
I'm getting a compilation error when trying to set a string variable to equal a ing variable. Code:    string mytest = CharToStr(32);    Error: 'CharToStr' - initialization expected Since CharToString() is a built in fuction, I don't understand why this statement would upset the compiler. Any clues...