Nothing Works

I download an EA called Artificial Intelligence and apply it to a chart, I do not know the settings or how to work them, or what any of the technical jargon of Forex means (pips, gaps, backtracking etc) so I just leave it at defaults it makes a buy but it never sells, even after my profit goes into the positive it will not sell it and make a new order, it just lets the profit decline again, I am confused.

Then I figure, EA's do not work so I'll do this manually...

I set Buy limit GBPJPY but it will not let me set the sell limit. It keeps saying my S/L or T/P is invalid but it will not tell me why it is invalid.

I also could not find out how to sell so I tried "Close Order" but when I close something which claims I have made a profit, I do not reap those profits (they go into nowhere land)

Also I have difficulties reading the chart, is the line on the chart the base currency or is it the second currency in the trade?
Does it matter depending on the order weather I order a Sell or Buy which way the graph is going? for example if I Buy GBPJPY do I want the chart to go up or down? and if I Sell GBPJPY do I reverse which way I want the chart to go?

Are there any strategies that work to gain profit easy for people who are new to forex? I'm not talking extreme profits but even day trading tactics that I can use to start out with minimum risk but still work my way up?

Thanks!

If you have this many problems and don't know what you are doing, you should not be trading "live".

Open a demo account and go from there.

phy:

If you have this many problems and don't know what you are doing, you should not be trading "live".

Open a demo account and go from there.

Phy is right! why trade an automatic system when you seem to have no clue of how it works??

the answer to your question "Are there any strategies that work to gain profit easy for people who are new to forex?" IS NO. It takes TIME, lot of STUDY, PATIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, and something else they call a strategy.

Listen to me, close your Live account for a while, unless your last name is Soros, and open a demo. You'll understand.

good luck

I am using the demo account, I just don't understand how the system works yet but after a day I've started to learn a tiny bit more... still no idea what hedging is, or what a pip is, or magic number. But I am more comfortable with it anyways. Still not ready to open a live yet.

Thanks to all for treating me like an idiot with flaming criticism instead of friendly help - it means a lot.

You're welcome

ForexNoob:
Thanks to all for treating me like an idiot with flaming criticism instead of friendly help
What do you call a man who can't swim but plunged himself right in the middle of Atlantic Ocean? If you look for a pat in the back, go find your granddad. Otherwise forex is the hardest easy money you will ever gain.

I never asked for a pat on the back, I only requested assistance and was attacked by rudeness. Seriously you people cannot be anything over 12 years old here. I mean grown adults do not act in such ways as this insulting belittling which you are portraying.

Now I understand Forex is not a walk through the park, but I am learning. I am a newbie to all of this, so just reflect back to before you knew anything about Forex and that's where I am right now okay? So show a little compassion and understanding, No need for insults, no need for the whole "I'm better than you so beat it" attitude, just be civil and helpful or do not speak to me that is all I request.

I am trying to learn what Forex is and how it works, and not only that but how I can work with Forex to better myself, better my family and move up in life if possible. I am not a rich person, I have never tasted the guilty pleasures of wealth as many of you may have. I have always been in a family of disfunction and poverty struggling to get by.

It is time, I believe, to make a change for the better. To learn something new that allows a person to actually grow in wealth other than a "job" or (Just over broke) That is all I am asking assistance for, I am not trying to step in here and blow myself up in forex debt, I am not trying to rag on anyone here or cause any problems. I only requested help and if you cannot help me I would much rather have you not say anything at all rather than belittle me and sit on your high horse looking down at me thinking you are "all that"

And that is as simple as it is. So I am sorry if my initial questions caused you to get angry or overly prideful to the point of needing to belittle me and insult me, it is not my intent. My only intent is to learn, to better myself, and eventually to better those around me.

Who's being rude?

David,

I will help you. You can email me at dpmiller618@gmail.com.

Dan

Hi,

I am a very beginner in the programming field. It happens that i have a trading strategy that might work well if i have a hybrid EA including NN. However,i couldnot afford time or effort to start learning everything about advanced programming, genetic algorithms or Neural networks. I surfed to find out if there is a software can enable me to build an EA without the need of advanced programming knowledge.Actually, if this will work, i could design, my what i call it, prototype EA. If this prototype EA shows promising results, i might go further to professionally produce it. For example, by hiring a professional programmer or contacting a reputable programming company.

Now, i found Neuroshell software could satisfy me with my need in this area of designing and building an EA without much programming knowlege.

My wondering, if you know guys any of their compititors that i could look at and make a fair comparison based on my needs and what they offer so i could decide which one i will go for??

Thanks for you patience and time

Hope to hear from you soon.

Email: McGene2010@yahoo.com

Reason: