MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1417

[Deleted]
Hi guys, How could I see on which pairs my EA performs best? I don't want to click through every currency pair while backtesting. I would like to use optimization (EA would trade different currency pairs depending on external variable subjected to optimization) . E.g. if a=1 than ea trades EURUSD...
[Deleted]
Do to lack of programming skill my buying function looks like this: isBuying = (DMAsteepness > DDS && H4MAsteepness > H4S && triggerema > NormalizeDouble(Ask,5) && adxblack > 35 && adxblack < 55 && adxblackp < 55 && atrcurrent < 0.0070 && (Hour()>9 && Hour()<24) Should it look something more like...
Hi, Example, i would like to write an ea check the current candle, the previous candle, and the previous of the previous candles condition: if the previous of the previous candles = bearish candle ( close < open) the previous candle = bullish candle ( open < close) and current candle = bearish
[Deleted]
Dear MQL Gurus, I just read the book Moneymanagement from Bernhard Juenemann and Hein Imbacher. It contains an Excelsheet for Moneymanagement and Position Sizing. Is there any existing code in MQL so that I dont need Excel ? Is there code to make analysis of the trades and plot performance charts ?...
[Deleted]
so i tried to execute a few trades today (being the day of the infamous nfpr), and i found that on the demo account, the trades go through just fine, but with the live account, the trades didn't go through. i have a few scripts binded to a set of keys. alt+1 and alt+2. like i said, demo worked, live...
[Deleted]
  Too many EA's?  (2)
Hello everyone! I hope someone can help share some information for me here...I am running 5 EA's at once(I think that is the max you can run) and last night had this issue: both usdjpy and audusd gave me trade signals at the same time. However, one of my orders did not fill and I found out the...
[Deleted]
Does anyone know how to clear/reset the order ticket number between orders? When I close one order, let's say a Buy Order with ticket #3426154, and open a Sell Order. The Sell Order attempts to open with the same ticket# 3426154, but does not open. The Buy Order closes with no errors, and the...
I think this would be a goo d way to help new developers. This may even be sticky worthy. There are many neaunces that can trip up a new developer. To smooth the way, I thought it would be a good idea to post some tips to help out....
[Deleted]
Hi I have a problem with EA. I have wrote a program in EA. This is work in 3 currencies. Now my problem is here When 3 order are open (for example : EURUSD, EURJPY & USDJPY) and I wanna to close one of them (for example : EURUSD) How can I select this order to close and what is the command? Your...
[Deleted]
This is a channel based on propriatary price action, that obviously does not occur too often. The prices either stay in the channel or breakout for extended periods. The Range (for stop levels) isn't really that far off the map, and false breaks happen but are rare. Does anyone think that this...
[Deleted]
I trade spead between CAD and AUD I want to chart CAD - AUD how to do it?
can anybody tell me what's going on with my stupid program? if((MacdPPrevious-SignalPPrevious)*(MacdPrevious-SignalPrevious)<0 ) ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,ask,3,NormalizeDouble(ask-StopLoss*point,digits), NormalizeDouble(ask+TakeProfit*point,digits),"try2 sample",10009,0,Green);...
[Deleted]
  dll and array  (13   1 2)
Could someone please post a sample of passing an array to a dll and then proccesing it within the dll. I ubnderstand how to pass the dll, but I am confused about using the array within the dll. Thanks.
[Deleted]
  Damn Error 130 to Hell  (38   1 2 3 4)
Anyone know why I would be getting the 130 error, I've made sure my SL is wide enough and that it is on the right side of the market (i.e. below for a buy). Any help would be much appreciated and a big relief* sigh if(BUYING) { if(stoploss > 0) //SL is set to 35 realSL = Ask - (stoploss * Point);
Hi, For example, I code an ea set Buy_limit order on current bar and 4 pips below the open price, If price retrace 4pips then order will get filled. Some times, price move so fast,, and order never get fill. So i would like to cancel the pending order and the next bar start.. Can any one give me...
[Deleted]
Please forgive me if I already posted this question. I thought I posted it last night, but now I can find no trace of it. In a chart window I have an 18 period Average True Range line. Then I drug a moving average into that indicators window and set the parameters for the MA as follows: period =...
Hi, i am new in this community and on mql4 also. I am looking for a possibility to check the trend of 4, 8 or more consecutive periods following after trade opening. Has somebody an idea how it can be realised
  Quick Question  (10)
Hey Guys, new member, been writing in MQL4 for a few weeks know and have a quick question: Originally started my code on a 4 digit broker and for TP calculation have ACCTTP = Ask + (take profit * point) (take profit = 100) switch to 5 digit broker and it shifts it back to 10 (which I understand...
Hi everyone, my issue is well summarized in the title of the topic. I would like to be able to declare a table of variable size according the configuration before launching the EA. Now I am using #define WINDOW 20 ... int tab[WINDOW] But I would like to be able to modify this size with an extern...
[Deleted]
Is this string preventing a second order from opening? Total = OrdersTotal(); //Check position bool IsTrade = False; for (int i = 0; i < Total; i ++) { OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES); if(OrderType() <= OP_SELLSTOP && OrderSymbol() == Symbol()) { IsTrade =...
I have been doing Forex for a while now with consitent wins and profits. Therefore, I can say that you should listen if you are not making money. And here it is: While you losers are afraid of losing money and trying to save money, I am making money. If you are not ready to make money, don't play....
[Deleted]
I need ECN support added to an EA I have. So the paramater should be called ECNSupport. if ECNSupport = TRUE (open all orders with 0.0000 TP and 0.0000 SL) then modify order immediately after with the right TP and SL settings from my set parameters . if ECNSupport = FALSE (open all orders with
[Deleted]
How do you call EUR/USD, EUR/CHF. EUR/JPY pairs all together? "Euro Pairs" "cross Eur"? Also, how do you call "USD/JPY". "EUR/USD", "USD/CHF" pairs all together? "Straight Dollars"? Is "EUR/USD" considered to be "straight USD pairs" and not "cross Eur pairs"
[Deleted]
Just wondering if someone can point me in the right direction for some good tutorials to start learning about dynamic link libraries (dlls), and the advantages they offer MT4 by using dlls?
Hi guys, Sorry for my noob question, but I have a problem with Fxcbs - MetaTrader. I created a Demo account with virtual money, I'm joined to Demo server. I attached the test MACD_Sample to the chart. I set allow live trading without manual confirmation. The EA is not working, it don't sell or buy....
With some pairs of currencies historical data are missing over several months. From where could I refer these?
Hi, I am trying to get the highest and lowest readings of an indicator for a specific number of past bars, to be more specific, the highest and lowest reading of ATR over the past 30 days on the M30 timeframe. Can someone help me figure that one out. Thanks,
[Deleted]
  I give up  (3)
Hi all, I have tried lots of possibilities without sucess. I am almost get crazy. Once again I need your help. I do not have any problem on starting and making an ea work. The only problem I have is when for some reason I must stop it and there are open trades (for instance a VPS is restarted). I...
[Deleted]
Hi, My live account traded with expert advisor at 10.53 couple days ago. I tried to replicate that trade in tester, but with no luck. Tested didn't show any trades that day. I started tester with if (Minutes() < 52) return (-1); Is there something I'm missing? Can please somebody explain to me...
For some reason, the CPU seems to be on overdrive after I modified an indicator. There are complex segments and I would probably need to write the code in a better way. But in general, I want to know how the past indicator values are read - whether by calculation or by internal memory. To give an...