MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1418

[Deleted]
Hi, I would like to know if someone else had already encounter the same "bug" as me. I have an indicator with a pop up alert showing up when the conditions are met. Since the indicator also show me the past, at first, I had all the alerts showing up at once when I first started the indicator. To...
[Deleted]
Dear MT4 programmers, I have a function called LoadSymbolData(). But instead of coding it like: void LoadSymbolData(string &broker_symbols) I wonder if it can be written like that: string LoadSymbolData() <--- return an string array As you know MT4 is not an object-oriented language, it's a little...
[Deleted]
Is there a way to download a searchable documentation of MQL4? I have been trying to find the documentation for iCustom() but have had NO luck so far. The documentation book is not searchable and this website has a piss poor search engine so I am lost just asking you people is you can help.
[Deleted]
Can any one direct me to where can I start from learning MQL coding? Absolute new to coding. Thank you,
I'm getting a compilation error when trying to set a string variable to equal a ing variable. Code:    string mytest = CharToStr(32);    Error: 'CharToStr' - initialization expected Since CharToString() is a built in fuction, I don't understand why this statement would upset the compiler. Any clues...
  select case  (2)
how do I code a select case in MQL?
[Deleted]
I am testing my EA on a demo Alpari(US), account and am running into to some issues. 1. One the daily chart, the min stop loss appears to be EURUSD=40 and GBPUSD=60, this includes for trailing stops. Do all brokers require this high of a stop loss? 2. I opened a sell order and the terminal price is...
I had 5 or 6 open positions, when I executed the following routine. All of the positions closed successfully except one Buy order, with the error "Invalid Trade Parameters" Any ideas on the cause and possible solution?? Thank you. void closeAllOrders() { int iOrders = OrdersTotal(); for(int...
[Deleted]
Has anyone ever noticed a spurious (zero or less) return from the AccountFreeMarginCheck() function? Just occasionally I get this. Always on the same (live) account. Seems to always occur on a day when I've restarted the platform or initialized the EA. Although neither of these activities always...
Hi, I've been on this for two days now and cimply cannot find a way to do this. I've been looking into using OBJ_RECTANGLE to shade my chart grey when price is ranging (ADX<25) but simple cannot get it working. Most examples of OBJ_RECTANGLE seem to be to shade trading times (e.g. London Session)...
Hello all I would like to ask you about some way to get comprehensive high quality historical data (as old as possible, with the smallest possible time frame and with as many different symbols as possible) for futures and cfds for metatrader. It turns out that I already downloaded metatrader from...
Anybody know how long the IkonRoyal servers are going to be down??They've been dead for almost ONE HOUR...in the middle of the tradingday!! I talked with them and they do confirm server DOA trouble....
[Deleted]
I have run thru this EA several times and can not understand the open trade conditions. I want to base the open trades off of the RSI indicator. I believe it might give it better direction. Can anyone help?
[Deleted]
Hello, I need a programmer to create an EA for a system based on "Dad's Legacy" by Ellie Taft. It is based on the end of day (5 pm EST) close for nine-eleven currency pairs. The rules are very simple and uses a Bollinger Band as the only indicator. Please help! Old to trading, new to programming...
[Deleted]
Just getting my hands dirty with the API, and found that the only function to collect data is from the MarketInfo() call. If this duplicates the DDE data conneciton, all you get is the time and price data (Open, Close...), no Volume data. What do we use with MT4 to get volume data out of the...
[Deleted]
Below is a trade which puzzles me. If you look at the log you will see that the BUY opened at 1.40435, yet when you use an alert, the alert shows 1.40445. A difference of .00010. . Is OrderOpenPrice() returning the value of the order " that was opened " or the value " if opened "?...
[Deleted]
  Magic number help please  (18   1 2)
Hi all, i am running the same ea on four charts and each chart has a different currency, at present the ea trades on one chart only for the period of that trade and will not open trades on any other chart should the conditions be met. Could i give the ea a different name and (4 to be precise) and
Hi, This is BillBrian again. I have been googling to see if there were people with successtories using EA's. But most I find is commercial sites, offering EA's. Are there people here having experience making money with EA's ? Question because I read an article of someone stating only 1% of EA's...
Hi, Ive got 768MB ram in my pc running XP Seems my harddisk is running like crazy running MT4 Do I need more ram ? Or is there something else .. wrong Bye
I'm looking for help to put an additional condition in my Buy strategy.. I have an indicator named Aaroon Horn and I need to put in a mandatory condition for my buy strategy that reflects this indicator set to value "25". (indicator can be found here : http://www.metatraderlibrary...
Hello, I have tested a lot of experts under Meta Trader and I don't know how to improve the source code a few of them. Could you please explain me how to change the items: 1/. Modelling quality : n/a <--- into ---> over 90 2/. Mismatched charts errors : above 1500 <--- into ---> 0 ??? Usually I...
could some one advise me on how to start trading with an automated forex program, thank you
This situation is infuriating. I have EAs where I have been able to create a horizontal line with the creation of an object, and I can choose either a vline or an hline, but when I want to do this on an indicator in the same window, I get a single dot for the lines. Here are some snippets of my...
[Deleted]
im trying to do and expression that will get the current ask price and then wait till it gets to an higer ask level im doing it now but the while expression stuck the MT4 i know it should be simple but sometimes simple stuff gets complicated i will appreciate if anyone will be able to help me
Hello every one Appreciate your assistance as I am not a programmer I have been looking at the EMA_CROSS_2 EA but seem it does not work properly, It suppose to sell if the Short EMA cross below the Long EMAand Buy when the Short EMA cross above the Long EMA, it is doing the reverse, it isbuying...
[Deleted]
Hello, Can someone tell me (if possible) how to use multiple symbols in System Tester? My E.A. sends orders for different symbols, but I can´t test it in S. T. . For example, if I´m using symbols "EURUSD" e "GBPUSD", if I choose "EURUSD" as main symbol, the OrderSend returns errors for "GBPUSD"...
[Deleted]
Dear All, I am a newbie of MT4 and I am practice with this language. I would like to develop a EA that open a SELL position when value go over Up BB band (and viceversa). EA will close this position when we will have 2 pips of profits. I have written thsi code but at the moment only with SL and TP...
[Deleted]
Does anyone know why, OrderOpenPrice( ), returns 4th decimal number instead of 5th? Thanks!
[Deleted]
  looking EA  (1)
Looking a EA that once opened an order administered the order and depending on the evolution may open other orders...to close the series...like martingale...Somebody knows something it's?
[Deleted]
  OrdersTotal()  (4)
Hi all, Trying to call this function to check no. of open buy orders... When the code is called as a function from start() it always returns 0. When the code is placed in start() at the same place as the call it always returns correctly...??? Any ideas? TIA LL...