General - page 654

Hey All, Im relatively new to EAs so please be patient with me. Ive created an EA and just need to add an indicator which seems simple but cant find it anywhere online. The indicator is the same as the Chikou Span i.e. its just the current Price shifted N periods ago. Any idea if there is something
Is there any videos or tutorials, etc. of someone actually going live and what that process is like in MT5? (attaching EA's to charts, connecting broker, viewing trades, etc.)
i have enough moneyt to withdraw , why the max withdraw amount is 0.01????
Hello, I'd like to import historical data into MetaTrader 5 in order to backtest strategies on them. I found free data from Dukascopy that includes volume. The command "Historical data" used to exist in MetaTrader 4 but has been removed in MetaTrader 5. Why? Does it mean I have to download
Hello, I am currently in the Demonstration stage of a job. I cannot accept the demonstration because the file is very far from what I requested. I am almost 1 month beyond schedule and I requested arbitration 5 days ago (so far no reaction and developer keeps silent). What would happen if I click on...
What does it mean, when a user name changes from normal display to crossed out display? Example: from user to user
I am trying to remove/delete a chart.I mistakingly created two (2) charts of the same currency pair. Can someone help me on this,I'm a newbie to Webtrader.It is my demo account.Can someone assist
Hello,  I have just recently bought a MacBook Pro, and I was going over the installation process for the metatrader terminal, but when I run the setup.exe this error message appears: Has anyone had this problem before? How did you solve it? Thank you!
Is the Bid V Ask difference shown here when you "request ticks" from a custom symbols CSV file an accurate representation of the spread paid for each trade taken during a backtest? In other words is this difference showing that I would have paid (highlighted in blue) 2.5 pips for a trade taken at
  Tick Volume  (7)
Hi there, What is the Tick Volume of each bar on the chart ? Does that mean - Trades volume (in $) per bar -Trades volume (in number of transaction) per bar - or anything else ? Is it a broker specific parameter? Would appreciate any hint. Thanks
Just a curtious heads up folks... It's wise to shut down your EAs tonight to avoid any nasty spikes that can occur during periods of low liquidity. (Next two weeks) If your currently in drawdown be careful. Set a tighter DD max. Turn off continue trading function if available (not Auto Trading)
Hi. When I load the M1 history data on Metatrader 4 in csv format downloaded from Histdada.com it reads them badly and leaves holes but the data are present on the csv. At sight there are no differences between the skipped lines and the others. Can anyone explain why and help me? Thanks
  Please help!!  (1)
i cant login to my mql5 account when im using metatrader 4 or 5. i go to options then community, type in my mql5 email and pass but it wont connect, because i cant see the "signals" and "market" tab in metatrader
I thought leverage only affects margin requirement in a forex account but when I launch my backtest, a higher leverage will produce different results. How can I reproduce the leverage that act only on margin requirement like a classic forex trading account
  Slipping in the rain past the drips  (67   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
There is one important thing to understand about Forex: unlike the stock market, the volatility in Forex is negligible. If shares can easily go 5-10% per day, then for Forex the same 5000-10000 points per day (on 5-digit levels) is a black swan. That is why in order to earn at least something on
Can you recommend comprehensive examples that covers nearly all aspects of a mql5 program ? (indicator, script, ea, library) Codebase is very mazy
  Eurusd/gbpusd  (22992   1 2 3 4 5 ... 2299 2300)
This thread is all about trading the euro and GBP/USDU using Metatrader indicators, Neural Net and general technical analysis. This site is rich with indicators and systems so let's work together to make more pips using our accumulated expertise. Notch P.S. Feel free to post
Hi. I have one account in mql5 system now, I login again in my account with metaeditor5 but i dont have own storage, there are not any of my code what is wrong Where are my file and codes
Hello and yes I know there are a lot of topics about this but I was wondering because there is an option called Trailing Stop in right-click menu over a position. Why isn´t there an API for manage directly this option instead inventing an EA and let it run in real-time. I don´t understand. Or if
Hello! So I implemented the sendnotification() to my EA and this is what happens: It startet working great in my specific sendnotification conditions BUT, I found out that when I changed my stoploss and takeprofit values manually (Which I do A LOT) it also sent a notification to my app which I
Now we have 3 methods to withdraw funds. But unfortunately I can't use any method to withdraw funds. I will explain here. My country is Sri Lanka. Cardpay - I tried a few of times to use cardpay service. But SMS hasn't received to my mobile number. All of other international and local SMS receiving
CTrade trade;datetime M5, D1;int yesterday;double pivotVal, res1, supp1;int OnInit(){ M5=iTime(Symbol(),PERIOD_M5,0); D1=iTime(Symbol(),PERIOD_D1, 0); yesterday = 0; return(INIT_SUCCEEDED);}void OnTick(){ if(D1!=iTime(Symbol(), PERIOD_D1,0)) { D1=iTime(Symbol(),PERIOD_D1, 0);
  recovery zone  (2)
hi i need help. in need create the ea extern takeprofit extern stoploss extern zone recovery extern timetrade
  VPS problems  (5)
Hello, I subscribed to your VPS for a month to test it. I have one issue: after syncronized the server from my MT4 my 3 EAs are off (crying face), I need to press the Auto Trading button again. After pressing the button for one of them only, all 3 start to work again. Thank you. Regards
Hey Folks, is there a way I can switch the shortcut for viewing charts (ctrl+tab) to (alt+1)? Thanks
  Validity of EA  (1)
Hi all, Not looking for handouts here, I'll be doing the hard work myself, just wanted to know if something is possible from someone with experience in MQL5 before I get started. I'm looking to make a very simple EA that will take the sum of all my open positions, and then close all positions when a
  Deal magic numbers  (29   1 2 3)
Hello, I'm testing some systems on MT5 and I found a strange thing about History Deals. I count profit/loss of history deals but if I filter them with my EA Magic number I can only found DEAL_ENTRY_IN and not DEAL_ENTRY_OUT. It seems that DEAL_OUT do not have my Magic number. I searched on internet
Whenever I log in to MetaTrader5 with my icmarkets-Mt5 account, the signal toolbar disappears in the general toolbar box. With a demo account, the signal toolbar shows only free signals. Any help on why this is happening and how to go about this will be appreciated
  Coders' Guru MQL5 lessons.  (19   1 2)
Hi folks, I'm going to start writing my mql5 lessons like the famous ones I wrote for mql4 (You haven't heard about it? I think they're not famous enough). But I need your help to start. I cannot make up my mind about the best style to write these lessons. Should I start from scratch like...