Download MetaTrader 5

General - page 580

To post a new topic, please log in or register
Hello, This is a very strange EA someone sent me, I tested it with the demo account and it works , but only for the EUR/USD and only if using small amounts of money (small amounts as a percentage of the account balance), it only works when there is good volatility, but not too fast.
I have this simple piece, but I found this difference on the tester. Can I use symbolinfo object during tester? Or is it this object only applies to current? #include <Trade\SymbolInfo.mqh>CSymbolInfo mysymbol;Print("Obj Price = ",mysymbol.Ask(), " Price= ", SymbolInfoDouble(Symbol(),SYMBOL_ASK));...
Can anybody help to code the exit? The rules are: Stop Loss is a fixed number of pips (is realised) Take Profit: Take Profit 1 should be a fixed number of pips and close ¾ of the open lots Take Profit 2 should be either a fixed number of pips or should close the trade at a given time at the same day...
Hi I took the basic code from IBFX scripts ( just like a template) and modified to use with my scalping idea. For some reason ( not surprisingly , since i am not a programmer in mq4) it does not work all the time, getting stuck somewhere. And MT4 does not have a debugger. It works with 1 pair ( i...
I have a library "Logger" that has its main function "Loggit" This is code that comes from MT4: #property library #property copyright "Copyright 2011, Maieutic." #property link "http://www.maieutic.com" #property version "1.00" #include <stderror.mqh> string ErrorDescription(int...
Please give email address for possible but reporting. the mt5 terminal gets closed and the debugging mode exits. build 527 I am having a strange problem. when I step through the code "F10", and reach the line double Y=0.0; in the following loop for( ushort i = 0; i &lt; n; i++)...
Yesterday, I faced the problem. MetaTrader publisher didn't work regular mode. (Correct settings ). However, it started to work when I turned on passive mode. What is a passive mode? And What is the difference? Regards, Josef
I see that the architecture for historical data is changed in MT5. I have read the article discussing how the new concept work. I have recently experienced a lot of problems with missing data on MT4 with Alpari UK. Specifically large gaps with missing data on the 1 minute AUDUSD data Started out...
I have this very strange problem which I think is related to MT5-terminal. I have Metatrader installed both at home and in work and both of these computers give me this "Display driver stopped working"-error way too often. The reason why is suspect it has something to do with MT is that I first had...
It would be nice if the Metatester 5 agents program ran in the system tray for easy access to the control panel. The convience of the system tray would just make things easier to access, in case of scheduling times needing to be changed. I allow access while I am working weekdays and late evenings...
This is the first interview in the "ATC Champions League" project. Roman Zamozhniy (Rich) from Ukraine was the winner of the first Automated Trading Championship in 2006. In addition, he is a regular participant of our Championships - he has not missed a single contest. In this interview, we talked...
Only four participants have remained in TOP-10 to the end of the second week of the Championship. They are gery18, Tim, enivid and golders. The former leader Matúš German from Slovakia has moved from the first to the fifth place though his Expert Advisor has not made any gross mistakes. It has...
Have you ever taken the position against all your indicators, strategy and logic, just because you felt that it should work? And eventually it worked. And eventually your trade was closed with nice profit. Does it sound familiar to you? It can work in another direction. Perfect position was closed...
I tried to run an EA in the strategy tester and am getting a "tester agent synchronization error". Does anyone know the cause of this and how to resolve it? thanks
I may be being completely stupid, but I can't see how to add feedback to a completed job. Could someone please tell me, because I am getting very frustrated. I have searched all over mql5.com. Thanks MW
&nbsp;please advise whether MT5 allows trading ETFs/stocks or only Forex
Scalping is popular trading style. Traders love to scalp. Nevertheless, some brokers prohibit scalping or advertise " Scalping is allowed!" ( I have seen many banners on the forums). So what is the idea? Traders are making money with the scalping. Brokers don't like that. Where is the logic?! I came...
Hi I was reading this cute name EA called expertMAMA.mq5 that comes together with the terminal. I am somewhat ok with logic that goes on in the OnInit(), but when it comes to the rest below: //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| Function-event handler "tick"...
Antonio Morillas from Spain (sallirom) was first who doubled his starting balance from the beginning of the Championship and thus attracted our attention. His trading strategy is extremely risky. We decided to talk to Antonio about risk and luck as these are part and parcel of Automated Trading...
In the next few hours we will be moving the mql5.com website to a new host. Therefore, www.mql5.com and championship.mql5.com will be unavailable for some time. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
On the second day of the Championship the Expert Advisor created by Matúš German (gery18) increased its capital by 2.5 times and took the lead being ahead of all competitors. Matúš himself doubts his Expert Advisor will win, he thinks that luck and high risk were the reasons of such unexpected rise...
From the first seconds of Monday, October 3, 2011 the quotes of the MetaQuotes-Demo trading server started their flow, almost four hundred trading terminals of the competition participants came to life and the first deals were made during the first seconds of the Championship. According to our...
The Automated Trading Championship 2011 is notable in that all the previous winners of the competition participate in it. At the very beginning of the 2011 contest, when it is yet early to make any predictions, we talked to them about their win, about the new competition and the Expert Advisors that...
Today is October 3, 2011 and Automated Trading Championship 2011 has started. Completed are all the preparatory steps: all Expert Advisors of Championship participants have been finally checked and approved. This year 395 trading robots will fight for the 80 000 US dollars prize. Top three places...
What does the asterisk * means? ---> CTrailingNone *trailing=new CTrailingNone; Was trying to find some resources related to this, if anyone knows any, please tell me...many thanks!
hi, i have problem with my order, timeout message signal always out each time i sell/buy. what does it means? and what happen? cause my connection is ok and spread normal. what should i do with my brokerage? thank you..
  Help a struggling trader! (26   1 2 3)
I have been in Forex for over 2 years now and discovered I am regressing rather than progressing! The last few weeks have been especially hard on me...I keep losing trades and it is just beating me down further and further. This has happened once before, about a year ago, and then I got so fed up...
Hi, I've been pouring over documentation and trying different order submission methods for a week or two now and haven't been able to figure out what I'm doing wrong. When I submit a trade I receive error 10016 - Invalid Stops. I've simplified my code to elminiate potential errors with no...