General - page 1782

Hello guys at Metatrader! I'd like to wish you all a merry christmas and a Happy new year. Thanks for all the work you did at 2006. Good guys, good trading platform , fast response (if more or less serious problem come up). So thanks and keep up the good work. cszoli
I just wanted to find out if you have any plans to extend the metatrader platform to also do simulation based on offline data. This is mainly for the purposes of manually testing a strategy by replaying historical data. Thanks -steve
int window = WindowFind( WindowExpertName() ); This should return the current window used by an indicator, right? What if there are two indicators in seperate windows with the same name? It always returns the first window. Can there be a new function WindowCurrent(), that always returns the...
Hello, 1. How to export all "MQL4 reference" from MetaEditor, as an .CHM (windows Help format), or html file, or ... ? 2. Where (in the HD) are stored files of the "MQL4 reference" from MetaEditor? Thanks I refer to this theard: "PDF version of MQL4 reference"
Does the time frame of the chart having anything to do with the automated trailing stop changing the Stop loss order on a trade ? ATL (auto trailing stop) from menu in MT4 software, select the trade (RH Mouse click), trailng stop, then pip selection. I am NOT refering to a EA trailing stop. Say...
I am trying to create an indicator that reads values from different currencies on the same time period. I simply outputted the values returned by iBars for the different currencies and they are all different which obviously leads to problems when trying to get old values. For example, when I...
I have been a proprietary day trader for 4 1/2 years now. I want to get involved in automated trading so I am learning Meta Quotes. I need Mentors to assist me for when I get stuck with my programming. I am not looking for somebody to do the work for me but to help point me in the right direction...
  Upgrading EA  (5)
Hey I am completely new to all this, have an EA I really like under metatrader 3.8, is there an easy way to upgrade it to work on MT4, without completely rewriting it?
New to using the Metatrader Platform. Have it installed on computer 5 times testing several of the EAs. Looking forward to contributing to the forum as I learn more. I was testing a STRADDLE OCO EA and need to have one created that will actually cancel the other order as well as place a trailing...
Hi, I am totally new to Metatrader 4. I want to know, how to make an (loud sound) alert when an indicator changes? Or could someone help me with it? Thank you.
  Making a point....  (38   1 2 3 4)
Are there any traders out there that is very profitable in trading? I would like all your signals sent to me as soon as you will enter in a trade because I am so damn lazy to do any work on my own to make money. I want to live off of others being the leech I am. I am too lazy to learn Metatrader...
So tell me anyone if 90% of traders fail and we have all blown up accounts really quickly sometimes, if you were to employ someone sit them in the room give them a couple of days coaching on the forex let them loose with a demo account (not telling them its a demo account to really get the fear and...
  IBFX - Live vs. Demo Results  (12   1 2)
This is driving me crazy. I spent a lot of time demo'ing EAs on IBFX before going live. Now the results are significantly different. Same EA. Same settings. Any ideas? Here's a few a several examples. For the period 12/4/06 to 1/5/07: GBP M60: Live +615 pips Demo +192 pips GBP M30: Live +610...
Hi, Here's my latest contribution to the community. Hope you like it as much as i do. ZZi is my version of the CCI. this one clearly shows OverBought and OverSold levels. Enjoy and may the pips be with you. I've included the original and my colorful version on the attached picture for clarification...
[Deleted]
im not totally familiar with all of this, but i was thinking... i know there are a number of us who want to use metatrader (a great platform) as a charting tool for our brokers (who have crappy platforms) data feed. for example, there is a way to access Interactive Brokers data feed, but no way...
[Deleted]
We all need a backester, which shows the same results as a forward test does for the same period and with the same broker. If that will not happen, mq4 for EA would be plaything only and no one lives long enough to develope something real from it and being able to test it through a forward test. Why...
Hello. I am using 5 minutes and 10 minutes chart at MT4, and would love to get 10 minutes chart. Could anybody let me know if it would be possible? Thanks.
Hello, just wondering if anyone has herd if Bluto is still lurking around and may release Goblin 2? Thanks
Hi With todays Non-farm payroll being potentially pivotal in the market, I wanted to take the opportunity to find out about sources of live news. For example, there must be a significant delay in news being reported on sites such as forex factory or yahoo financial. I know of Tradethenews but it is...
  Need SL & TP added to EA  (11   1 2)
I have been playing around with the attached Moving Average EA with interesting results but would like to limit the losses. I wonder if one of the expert programmers would be so kind and add variable SL and while they are at it also variable TP? Thanks in advance
After the new years, the chop zone indicator that fxsniper posted is not working anymore with mt4. Is anyone else having the same experience? maybe we can get an updated version? Mine says "Outdated, contact fxsniper" on MT4 Alpari. None of fxsnipers email addresses work. Any help? Thanks
Hello, I want to place a buy order and the sell order (hedging) at the same price. How can I accomplish this using EA? It looks like we can place only one order per tick which means there is one tick difference in the entry price of buy and sell orders (after the spread). Thank you, - sam123
Hello, I would like to make an automatic systeme with the indicator DMI. With the crossing of the DI + and DI-. I join the indicator and my systeme which does not want to work. If a person can help me PLEASE
I want to create the poll: which trading system/threads are ready to be a section: - The "XO"-Method; - ISAKAS ashi by Kuskus_Osentogg; - Dolly; - stella; - The Murrey Math Trading System; - ASCTrend system; - Ichimoku; - digital filters; - indicators' setup (how to use the indicators); - EAs setup...
Hi ... Do any body know wht the 5 u 3 K is these ?! Is these fib vortech or what ?
Can anyones tell me how to use this indicator. Thanks
[Deleted]
  FractalsEdge FX  (8)
I am trying to duplicate much of what the FractalsEsge FX (http://www.fractalsedge-fx.com/ software does via MetaTrader alone. Has anyone used this software and can explain more of what it does? And what opportunities do we have to duplicate it in MT4?
I cant indicators what are not repainting past. And because of that Im asking your help please if you know any indicator what does not repaint past please post it here.
I have two computers: my desktop and laptop. Desktop is FXDD and my laptop is InterbankFX. Both are used for backtesting. My desktop is also used for forward testing on a demo. I've downloaded USDCHF data from build 200 on both computers. I made sure the data was converted to all timeframes. I...