General - page 1780

New MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 201 has been released: 1. Fixed terminal close-down at the moment of visual testing. 2. Fixed opening of orders by Expert Advisors in the "Market execution" mode. 3. Improved working of dialog windows controlling orders and trailing stops considering the...
Hello to all, I am seeking advice on how to tackle a problem I am having. How would you solve this problem? Taking a look at this picture you can see a single indicator in yellow, now what I am trying to do is within an EA I am trying to figure out where my current position is in relation to the...
  My Expert......  (12   1 2)
Hello I'm french so my english is very poor. I made a expert with not bad result. I don"t say my algorithm but my expert work with 3 MM15. It's designed for EURUSD but i don"t test it with other moneys. Can you test it for me???? Thank you!
Earlier today during London session and now during Asia session - I have a "connection" but no data is being streamed. Anybody else? It eventually came back on during the London session, but now it is off again during Asis. Hopefully it will correct iteself again. But anybody else experience...
  The Cash Cow Strategy  (19   1 2)
Hi to all, Anybody heard about The Cash Cow Strategy?
Hello everyone, I am a student of commerce so I didn't know how to create indicator . I am searching for a indicator which can tell me the relation of time and price of different waves. Thanks all
  Goblin Bipolar mod H  (183   1 2 3 4 5 ... 18 19)
It appears I hijacked Bluto's Goblin Bipolar thread, which I didn't mean to do. This thread is dedicated to mod H. I'll try to answer any questions but please remember a few things: 1) I am not the designer of this EA, just a johnny-come-lately contributor. 2) I think the quasi-Martingale lot...
Hi bro , I`ve been loking for the way to make MT4 automaticly run after I restart my pc , can you help me ? thanks before
Newdigital, This is very strange... When I negotiate the site it keeps coming up with my username being 'Pip' or 'Racetrack' when I login w/ username and password. I haven't been able to post...hopefully this one gets through... Gramski.
  NFPEA - Really profitable  (20   1 2)
Hello all, I am here to share and try to improve this amazing NFP EA. There are currently 8 orders per side to test this EA. You guys can add or delete some orders to test. Let's discover together the best orders and settings! Is it possible to get backtests from this EA? Maybe using Time Filter?...
Hi, I need an EA written that will take signals from my signal provider through email and enter the trades in MT. The signal provider is one of the traders from gfsignals.com. The EA I need is exactly like the one described in this thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/trading_systems I'm not sure...
  Bollinger Static MA  (16   1 2)
Hi. I am looking for a Bollinger Band Indicator that has a different display that normal bands attached to the chart. The MA needs to display as a single straight line. The Upper and Lower Band moves to and away from the stable MA. All setting remain as default, it is only the visual output that...
  registration key  (1)
Hello, Sorry for a basic question. How can I get registraion key after purchasing MetaTrader mobile? Regards, Tadoji
  Indicator Help!  (5)
Good Day! Can you please help me find out how are these 2 indicators called ? They have changed names. The first one I know its very good. Please help! I am looking forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you in advance. Faithfully yours, Grigore G. Meriacre
Hello, we are having so much problems lately with server (to much slow and crashing). We are upgrading to a new faster server (it will take some days). During this time, access to forum will be limited (every time server reach dangerous load, navigation will be limited). Please be patient, in less...
hello guys.. can somebody help me to make ea base on hoursChannel_v1? the basicrules: short when price hit upper channel - exit when price hit bottom channel long when price hit bottom channel - exit when price hit upper channel i'm very intresting on trendlineorder EA and if possible modified the...
Hi. Does anyone know if it's possible to determine if the last trade was a Buy or a Sell? I thought that comparing the Ask or Bid to the Close[0] was the answer but Close[0] always returns the Bid price.
Hello guys at Metatrader! I'd like to wish you all a merry christmas and a Happy new year. Thanks for all the work you did at 2006. Good guys, good trading platform , fast response (if more or less serious problem come up). So thanks and keep up the good work. cszoli
I just wanted to find out if you have any plans to extend the metatrader platform to also do simulation based on offline data. This is mainly for the purposes of manually testing a strategy by replaying historical data. Thanks -steve
int window = WindowFind( WindowExpertName() ); This should return the current window used by an indicator, right? What if there are two indicators in seperate windows with the same name? It always returns the first window. Can there be a new function WindowCurrent(), that always returns the...
Hello, 1. How to export all "MQL4 reference" from MetaEditor, as an .CHM (windows Help format), or html file, or ... ? 2. Where (in the HD) are stored files of the "MQL4 reference" from MetaEditor? Thanks I refer to this theard: "PDF version of MQL4 reference"
Does the time frame of the chart having anything to do with the automated trailing stop changing the Stop loss order on a trade ? ATL (auto trailing stop) from menu in MT4 software, select the trade (RH Mouse click), trailng stop, then pip selection. I am NOT refering to a EA trailing stop. Say...
I am trying to create an indicator that reads values from different currencies on the same time period. I simply outputted the values returned by iBars for the different currencies and they are all different which obviously leads to problems when trying to get old values. For example, when I...
I have been a proprietary day trader for 4 1/2 years now. I want to get involved in automated trading so I am learning Meta Quotes. I need Mentors to assist me for when I get stuck with my programming. I am not looking for somebody to do the work for me but to help point me in the right direction...
  Upgrading EA  (5)
Hey I am completely new to all this, have an EA I really like under metatrader 3.8, is there an easy way to upgrade it to work on MT4, without completely rewriting it?
New to using the Metatrader Platform. Have it installed on computer 5 times testing several of the EAs. Looking forward to contributing to the forum as I learn more. I was testing a STRADDLE OCO EA and need to have one created that will actually cancel the other order as well as place a trailing...
Hi, I am totally new to Metatrader 4. I want to know, how to make an (loud sound) alert when an indicator changes? Or could someone help me with it? Thank you.
  Making a point....  (38   1 2 3 4)
Are there any traders out there that is very profitable in trading? I would like all your signals sent to me as soon as you will enter in a trade because I am so damn lazy to do any work on my own to make money. I want to live off of others being the leech I am. I am too lazy to learn Metatrader...
So tell me anyone if 90% of traders fail and we have all blown up accounts really quickly sometimes, if you were to employ someone sit them in the room give them a couple of days coaching on the forex let them loose with a demo account (not telling them its a demo account to really get the fear and...
  IBFX - Live vs. Demo Results  (12   1 2)
This is driving me crazy. I spent a lot of time demo'ing EAs on IBFX before going live. Now the results are significantly different. Same EA. Same settings. Any ideas? Here's a few a several examples. For the period 12/4/06 to 1/5/07: GBP M60: Live +615 pips Demo +192 pips GBP M30: Live +610...