General - page 1787

hi, I want to code this setup as an example , Can anyone out there help me? Stochastic main goes above 70 but only buys if the last cross was below 30. thank you very much teldon
Greetings! Is anyone aware of (or can anyone possibly create) a MetaTrader indicator (line type) that displays the average difference between the price low & high over "x" periods? What I'm looking for is something I can use (visually to start, maybe programmatically later) to stay out of trades
"is there a MT4 function that does this ??"
Hi, recently i want to test some new trading strategies. a very good one of them is to trade with 3 moving averages. i buy when the 5MA crosses up over 26MA above the 50MA; sell when the 5MA crosses down 26MA below 50MA. Is there anyone here who can write an EA based on this trading strategy?...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006, the "Championship Report: Eleventh Week" has been published (http://championship.mql4.com/2006/news/102/). The last but one week of the Automated Trading Championship 2006 is over. There are only 5 trading days left to the end of the...
There has been a critical error Time : 2006.12.17 15:55 Program : Client Terminal Version : 4.00 (build: 200, 15 Nov 2006) Owner : MetaQuotes Software Corp. (MetaTrader) OS : Windows XP Professional 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600) Processors : 1, type 586, level...
Good Day ! https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172885 Ah, great example of a statement I made a few days ago on my statistics thread. This is also a great reason why people SHOULD NOT help so called newbie’s or system developers or testers etc. on these kinds of forums. This is also the main reason why...
  AmiBroker : converted from/to  (41   1 2 3 4 5)
hi all thes 2 segnal AmiBroker how to indicators metarader thanks all
Hi Guys, I wonder if there is a possible way to modify an EA that if the current day equity is more than the previous day then stop trading for the rest of the day and start trading next day... Can someone please post the script here.. Thanks
hmm.. so, right now if we want to use 4,5 accounts from different brokers (i.e. each one implementing different EAs) we need 4,5 pcs running simultaneously 24 hours a day ? Newdigital.. help
I have an external program that I wrote. If its triggers are hit, I would like to put a trailing stop of 5 pips on a metatrader order. I was hoping that I could open an EA by sending a keystroke to MT4, but my plans were foiled by the input box... is there a way to start an EA without any input...
hi all any one have any idea about fisher t-rex indicator thanks a lot for help
Hi Guys, I am getting the following msg from an EA when I do the backtest or forward test....can someone please explain this what is wrong "GBPUSD,M30: name parameter for ObjectDelete function must be a string" Thanks
[Deleted]
  Turtles EA  (16   1 2)
InvestorMe Asked me to post this on it's own thread. It's not fully debugged. I don't know why it never opens any long positions. There's still alot about this strategy I don't yet understand.
Hello, I need help in building an indicator that will plot the difference between 2 moving averages , in order to see if there is a recurring area where a reversal could be expected. Thanks in advance for any advice/suggestion. alex
Hi, "int start()" works when new tick arrives. But I want to do this: in WEEKEND, (so no tick arrives), I'll use MT4's history function, say, go back to 2005-1-1, and press "F12" again and again, to do some exercise. In the middle of it, I'll draw some arrows on chart...... Now I need a block of...
does anyone know where i can get a elliot wave indicator that will mark the graph with the 1,2,3, a,b,c I guess i am looking for something like the Elwave software. Thanks for you help and time.
some of the guys are selling some ex4 system cheaper then the mq4 file for the same system. I'm not intersted in the system at all but I was just wondering why the ex4 file is worth less than the mq4 ? thanx guys
I built the attached EA using an "easy" EA builder. Whenever I backtest it in MT4 it opens and closes trades virtually every minute and I can't see why. It runs on a 15min chart. The entry is when the price is 20pips above/below an EMA100. The exit is a 20pip trailing stop. Can anyone see what's...
  STMP server  (2)
Hi all i want to set my MT4 indicator to send when an email with trend changing. I found many data need to be fulfilled which are STMP server STMP login STMP password I am using GMAIL. Does any one has an idea how this ption works? Your help is appreciated
[Deleted]
  Arbitrage Again  (7)
Hi, I was reading on another forum (kreslik or something similar) about arbitrage opportunities due to price mismatch between correlated pairs. I wrote an indicator that I think will draw a bar on the chart when the mismatch is above a certain number for pips. See attached chart and indicator. For...
Is there a way to show an Equity graph instead of a Balance graph in the detailed report?
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006, the "Statistical Report #4" has been published (http://championship.mql4.com/2006/news/99/). This statistical report gives analytical results for 25 most profitable Expert Advisors as of the 7th of December 2006. The following...
After running a couple of EA's in demo mode with FXDD I have started trading them on my live account. In demo, I set Lot Size to 0.2 and all trades were entered at that size. Now in live mode, although the Lot Size for each EA is still set to 0.2, my trades on all EA's are being opened at 0.1. I...
  Utility EA's  (7)
Does anyone have or know of any "Utility" EA's that do simple things like Close All Trades when a certain profit level has been reached? Specifically, I like to enter all my trades manually and sometime have a couple different trades going at once. My goal for each day is to make a certain amount...
Please take a look at the attached image; it is today's 5 minute chart for the EUR/USD. We have plotted in trend lines and supports and resistances, using the smaller timeframe we are able to enter new or developing trends in a timely manner with very little downside risk. Our goal is to average...
Please take a look at the attached image; it is todays 5 minute chart for the EUR/USD. We have plotted in trend lines and supports and resistances, using the smaller timeframe we are able to enter new or developing trends in a timely manner with ver little downside risk. Our goal is to average 15+...
Is this possible? putting two trailingstops on one expert? I know that I can put one on the actual MT4 platform but maybe i could code one as well? The reason for it is because I want to make different trailing stops that close different amount of lots.. Thanks
  MA cross PRICE level ... EA  (28   1 2 3)
Hi everyone ! In the attachement below there is an idea of simple Expert Advisor I'm looking for. Have You seen sth like that ?? I think it's very similar to "MA cross EA" but I'm not a programist and I can't modify the code Can You help me ? THANKS for reply ... Michał