General - page 1785

[Deleted]
  A statistical EA  (1)
As a follwo up, here's a statistic EA that does this: Day by day, calculate the following: 1) number of consecutive ticks in an uptrend 2) number of successive ticks in a downtrend 3) the maximum successive ticks in both direction and the time it was found 4) Assuming I just bought on every uptrend,...
[Deleted]
Hi there, I like many of you have been thinking about how to find a trading method that would guarantee -sort of- a nominal but stable profit consistently over certain periods of time. I arrived to a number of conclusions and I wish that you could contribute your opinion: conclusion one: There is no
This may sound like a very stupid question but I'm trying to get as close a match to my currenex platform data as I can to my charts. Does anyone know how I can do this ?
  Adjusting MACD  (3)
Hi I am trying to change width of vertical bars in MACD wich is SignalSMA to 5-the thickest line. I can change it and it will stay like this until I change profile. Then coming back to this profile the line goes back to width 3. Is there a way to save it with line width 5. Also is it possible to...
  Exponential RSI  (5)
Is there any exponential RSI? If no can some one coded RSI with more option like simple, exponent, weighted or smoothed. I am just asking not more than that. Well merry christmas to all.
  Exponential RSI [Coded]  (16   1 2)
Can some one coded RSI based on exponential. It is possible to do it?
I only have one script, but I've attached it to every chart (symbol). But everytime I start MT4, I have to re-attach the script ... Is it some error in my code?
Is this a good week to trade with EAs, since it's squeezed between two major holidays?
  .tpl?  (2)
What is a .tpl file? And where does it go? Thanks.
  Godzilla  (22   1 2 3)
This E.A. placed third place in the metatrader contest works on H4 timeframe on aud/usd,eur/jpy,eur/usd,gbp/usd,usd/jpy,and gbp/jpy. !Merry Christmas and Happy and Prosperous New Year everyone! mrtools
does anyone know of a program that could integrate with the esignal data manager and import metatrader data on demand. in other words when a program that uses esignal (ie: metastock, tradestation, elwave, advanced get, ect...) when a symbol is inserted into esignal data manager it will go to a
Hi, does anyone have a good copy of a Stochastic -RSI-Oszillator out there?? Thanks! Best regards erdenmensch
Hello: I found this code for a Mt4 StocRSI Indicator, but I don't know how to put it all together to make the indicator. Could someone take a look and see if they can help. Here's the code along with the Website URL where I found the code: (http://www.xeatrade.com/trading/8/S/109...
First of all, I believe this code is very handy, many ppl will love it. So please help me improve it. In fact , this code already works great. But I'm just tired of the simple Alert popup, with NO Symbol shown. So I changed/added some lines to try , which is the %%%%%%%%% part. I don't know why,...
Happy Holidays, (give us a time frame) I have gone through 19 of your lessons and recently found your web site of MT4 EA programing. (which there was object programming) but be that as it may the next best thing would be to be able to define my own libraries, Is there the concept of #include so...
[Deleted]
Hello, 1. HOW TO GET INFORMATION FROM TRADES GENERATED BY EA TEST ? Let's test an EA and then "OPEN CHART". On this chart we can see all orders made by the EA. To get custom information for this test, I would write a script to get the sum of all lots' order? EXAMPLE: 2 trades at 1.0 lot, 2 trades at...
hi can anyone help me how i generaly can switch MT4-experts from buy to sell or backwards?? look on this url to understand what i mean : http://www.iexpertadvisor.com/ib39.asp i often have seen very bad results of experts with strategietester but i think very good if we can reverse buy to sell and...
Does anyone have an EA based on the RoundPriceNE_PIPS indicator or can someone create one.
[Deleted]
Hi Everyone, Great Forum ! If I have an EA which performs well on say the EUR/USD is there a way in the metatrader code using Symbol() that I can make it trade a different pair also say GBP/USD while the Expert is only attached to EUR/USD ? Eg: set the symbol to GBP/USD in the code ? Any help would
  Non dealing desk  (1)
there is great info on brokers in this forum http://nondealingdesk.com/ there is an interesting discussion on metatrader. here is a recap of one of the posts http://nondealingdesk.com/showthread.php?t=181 1. MT was designed for the dealing desk brokers. You can ask the company itself.2. Metaquotes...
Need help buy & sell but not buy when 1 lot is sold need help ordersTotal thank you extern double TakeProfit = 500; extern double Lots = 10; extern double TrailingStop =13; extern double StopLoss = 10; int start() { int cnt, ticket, total; // initial data checks // it is important to make sure that
  Sarema EA  (28   1 2 3)
Hi, I want to contribute to this forum by giving you my EA - it's based on the Muddbuddha strategy - http://www.muddbuddha.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16 I've attached the mq4 file and the backtest results from the Alpari and the Metaquotes databanks (a good way to see how different results the system...
[Deleted]
Could soneone please explain the Demark arrow what it is for and how it relates to the fractals photo attached
To save having to re-invent the wheel, does anyone have an EA that is coded to: 1) Open two orders simultaneously and place a stop (15 pips) for both positions 2) Close one of the positions at +20 pips 3) Apply trailing stop of 20 pips to the second position as soon as 2) is executed. That would be...
My EA sends me an email.. My code looks like this.. Symbol() + " OP_SELL @ " + DoubleToStr(OrderOpenPrice(),4) +" New stop loss @ " + DoubleToStr(NormalizeDouble(SellStop,digit),4) +" Pip Allowance @ " + DoubleToStr(PipAll,0) + " MT4 Time: " + TimeToStr(TimeCurrent(),TIME_DATE|TIME_MINUTES) +...
Is it possible to create a slideshow of multiple forex charts? It would be greate if MetaTrader could automatically bring different chart windows to the front one at a time every a few seconds so that I am able to monitor many forex pairs without the need to keep clicking mouse. An alternative way...
  6 sma cross  (12   1 2)
Does anyone have a 6 sma cross indicator ?
  Cursor function?  (1)
I would like to know if it is possible to link the bar position of the crosshairs to a function. I am trying to write a function that will display the converted time of the bar in the upper right hand postion as I move the cursor to each bar. Thanks,
extern double TakeProfit = 500; extern double Lots = 10; extern double TrailingStop =13; extern double StopLoss = 10; int start() { int cnt, ticket, total; // initial data checks // it is important to make sure that the expert works with a normal // chart and the user did not make any mistakes
[Deleted]
this connects IB to metastock http://www.traderssoft.com/ can we do something like this for metatrader? at least for the charting? that would be great