General - page 1786

What language is the MetaTrader EA/Indicator programming language most similar to? C? C++, VB? etc..
I think I have this correct: I move my trading laptop regularly between two locations, each with a wireless connection. WHen I do this, I put my laptop into hibernation (a Windows XP shutdown option). I also use OrderReliable, which is an include which attempts to retry entries and exits whenever
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006, the "Championship Report: Eighth Week" has been published (http://championship.mql4.com/2006/news/82/). The eighth week of the Automated Trading Championship 2006 is over. Two thirds of the time provided for the competition. At the end of...
Hi iam testing this EA since a few days and looks like stable on low news days. But it would be very nice if anyone can code the EA. If we set in SettingsArea in Lots 0.1 in it, its open position with this lots 1st trade = 0.1 2nd trade = 0.2 3rd trade = 0.4 4th trade = 0.8 5th trade = 1.6 If i set...
Hi people! I'm about to develop a TA-system for GBP/USD, USD/CHF and EUR/USD (mainly anyway. Perheps will it work on other pairs to. Future will tell...). But i'm stuck... there is one more indicator that i need to be able to countinue this developing. Some kind of indicator to show
  Question  (4)
Hi, everybody, would you tell me, please, what are the mq4 expressions for: "logical or"? "logical and"? "different from (not equal to)"? What does mean "slippage" in EA's ? Thanks
  Kurka Trader - GREED  (21   1 2 3)
Here is my latest work in progress. My intention is to enter a position when the bid/ask is "PipStart" above/below the previous bars HIGH/LOW. And add to the position when PipStart + PipStep is reached. I use two indicators OSMA and ADX, which both must be True in order to enter in that direction....
  News Trading  (4)
Is there any way to link meta trader to a news feed ? I am working on a new Scalper EA and one of the requirements is to turn it off prior to scheduled news events. Thanks, KK
Needing help here; Trying to call indicator 5_34_5 into an E.A. I am trying to put together, tried iCustom(NULL,0,"5_34_5",0,0); iCustom(NULL,0,"5_34_5",1,0); BUT keep getting error message when trying to backtest the error message is invalid integer number parameter 2 on index draw function.Opened...
[Deleted]
hello! does anybody know how to get the current time frame of a chart and then save it to a variable? it has got to be easy but I just don't know how to do it
  Protect Profit  (4)
Can anyone here code this .... I would like to protect profits after a certian number of pips is reached So once "x" number of pips is reached it starts a trailing stop. None of my attempts have been successfull. Also is there anyway to fake a takeprofit and stoploss if your broker only alows it to...
I posted this over on the mql4 forums though no response, was hoping that maybe this forum has more activity. What I'm trying to do is create an indicator which automatically draws the fibonacci levels. Basically I'm attempting to create (for metatrader) the indicator shown at http://www...
I've noticed a very nerve-racking mistake. The problem is that while I'm moving the line studies, the beginning and the end Parameters moves away. So if I put up for example a Fibonacci fan and move to another place and then back, the fan change significantly from the original fan. Thanks!
So I remember finding this a while ago and ignoring it because it didn't work.. Now I got an email from a friend of mine that is a forex broker and found it quite interesting. Maybe we can have a little "post your results"? Lets see now from what I can tell this is pretty accurate to the foreign...
Hi, I've been working on adding colour to the original TSI-Histo indicator attached, however i've been having some problems getting it just right. If you look at the attached image, it seems like it's not colouring the bars correctly at all. I took some code from Belucks Awsome indicator.. This is...
  ICustom question ..  (24   1 2 3)
Hi, I want to check if some indicator, let's say Fisher_jurik, is crossing the "0". I have tried to use iCustom but I don't think I understand how to do it ... the code is : int start() { //---- int ticket; if(Volume[0]>1) return; double res0 = iCustom(NULL,0,"Fisher_Yur4Ik",0,0); double res1 =...
hi to all i have new idea to cope up with fixed leverage... the fx brokers should offer option to traders to place orders only along with stop losses..i.e no order will be accepted with out stop losses.. then the broker will verify whether the traders a/c have credit balance that equals to stop...
  EA input screen  (2)
I am working on an EA, in its input screen in front of the variable column, i am getting 4 columns syaing "value, start, step & stop". The value column is where you assign a number to a variable, but what the other 3 columns stand for? Anyone?
The break of 1.2980 send the dollar significantly weaker across the board in the European session in a thin market with the US still celebrating Thanksgiving. MAJOR HEADLINES – PREVIOUS SESSIO USD/Majors With no significant news out it was a day of taking out key levels. The 1.2979 high from May...
Hi all, While testing an EA, would i get the same end result if i wait for the test to finish on its own compared to the end result if i used the "Skip to" end of period button?
Metaquotes, thanks for all your work on MT4. I'm wondering if you might consider releasing debug versions for advanced users so that we can help submit info on bugs that are difficult to reproduce and where it's difficult to tell exactly what link in the chain of code, calculations or program...
Being new to MetaTrader and not really having a clue about MQL4 I was wondering how an indicator can be used as an EA. Taking PriceChannel_Stop_v6 as an example, if I place this into the 'Experts' folder can I then backtest it and optimise it? If I then want it to do a conditional test from a...
Just wondering if I can open a live account with MT4 ?? When I go to open an account it only have the Demo server available. How do I do it ?? and what is the minimum deposit and what is the best ratio to go with (1:400) ? Thanks
Hello, I have 3 Demo on Gimex Group(Neuimex),FXDD and Fibo.When i test a EA in the Strategietester is following Effect. In the Gimex account the Results are very good and on FXDD and Fibo the results are very bad.The Modellingrate is 90% The same Parameters ,the same Time-Intervals and the Results
Hi! I'm a newbie (please excuse my English). I've favor to ask since I'm not a coder. Would somebody modify this EA so is not working only when we insert the news time but it's working whenever I need it. For example just like today after GU break this month high at 1.9180 then is it better if we...
Hi MetaQuoters, After having updated my MT4 to Build 200 (I trade with FXDD), I found that the the historical data were changed. I did some statistics comparing the 198 data base I had saved on my PC and the 200 data base, and here is a sample of results: for LOW 1HR GBPUSD prices , the absolute...
What makes forex market to move? I mean, what makes that the graph is moving up/down? Is it, that the graph moves down when most of traders are selling one currency and buying the other? Let's take EUR/USD for example: Today EUR went up over 1.3. Did this happen because most of traders went SHORT
I am looking for some help for a project , in which I would like to create a drawing tool (akin to Andrew's Pitchfork) It would use a (3) mouse coordinate input that obviously generates a graphical output. Not being a prolific programmer I am looking for some (any) source code that could guide me in
Is there any indicator that would show a.s.a.p enough if the market is ranging or trending? How to read that indicator?