General - page 1781

Can't find any book on amazon or barnenoble.com. Is there a store that sell this kind of thing? I want to learn more. It looks a lot like C++. Bye.
Was just wondering....does anyone know?
One of my trading colleague gave this idea. Draw EMA 144 close (yellow) and EMA 169 close (red) on H1 GBPUSD chart. Enter 2 lots when H1 candle closed above the "tunnel" for BUY. 1st lot take profit 15pips. 2nd lot trail 20pips or move SL to entry price after +15. Take every trade for every closing...
Is anyone else having a problem upgrading to build 201? When I start MT4, it downloads and installs the update. I then hit update and restart and it hangs and stops responding. Anyone else having this problem?
  Metatrader 4  (2)
Hi How you guys have learnt the MT4 language? Are there any books, website,...? Thank you for your help
[Deleted]
Hi All, I need an EA for a simple system that I have used manually for quite some time. It works the same for all time frames although I use it on weekly or daily charts.. It uses pivot points with a strength of 2, meaning there are 2 lower highs on either side, or 2 higher lows for sells....
Hi I needed this simple indicator. If the previous bars high or low is broken, then the current candle would turn Aqua (or any other colour) If the previous candle's high or low was not broken, then the current candle's colour would remain Lime (or no colour, just default) OPTIONAL: If you could...
Hello To All Metatrader Admin ( especially newdigital & forexts ), Senior Member (especially Diam0nd, Eric, prasxz, cardio, firedave, goldensight, xxDavidxSxx and etc ) and all members. ------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am a newbie and just download MT4 to...
I like the optimization package in the strategy tester on how it figures the best parameters to use. Here is my suggestion: A secondary feature in the optimization package to be added that will figure out the best "combination" of technical indicators and "parameters" to use. Once the user has...
Can someone please tell me when the market opens after New Year's day? Thank you.
  News Generator  (21   1 2 3)
Well, ForexFactory had banned me because I'm pointing to my forum! So, you can download from here the ffc2cvs.exe (ForexFactory Calendar to CSV format) which is a small program that downloads the Forex Factory Calendar and convert it to .csv file! We are going to use this file in our NewsReader_V2
I wonder how to set a trailing stop can you please let me know?
Im looking for a good charting program, preferably free, besides MT4 and Tradestation.
I am looking for an indicator created by Dr Alexander Elder based on the impulse system which uses a 13 EMA and MACD histogram. also looking for formula for the safe zone stop... Does anyone know if there is something available that would give buy sell signals overlayed on the chart for this system?
It seems to me that alot of trading systems (Brain trend comes to mind) are based on or mimic the signals generated by using a 2 and 10 moving average cross system. For example, if you use Bollienger Band Histo you are taking signals from this cross about 95% of the time. If this cross is so
Congratulations to the team on new visuals for backtesting in the new version! Wonderful to use. :)
I find the simple strategies are the best. Looking at MACD and Stochastics and lines passing over each other, etc. just complicate things. One of my best strategies is just to trade the GBP/USD pair between the hours of 2am and 11am EST. Wait for price to move in one direction for 30 pips. Once the
  "bible" of forex  (4)
it there a book out there that you could consider the " bible of forex" Just your thoughts on what is the best all around book in forex thanks for your time
  Backtesting - Real Tick Data / Tross  (109   1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11)
I wanted to have a place to post some real backtesting data.I have and am in the process of collecting real tick data for 2006. If you have a great backtest for any EA, but you'd like to see it modelled with 99% then post it here and I will run it on my data. To request a backtest, in your post...
  Asc Trend .... ?  (1)
I liked asc trend indicator but I even had difficulty applied because too many that in posting, is there that could report I asctrend that was complete?
Hello: This is the second time i am posting about the missing data problem. I thought maybe you fixed the problem with "Build 201", but its still there. When you try to down load the 1min data in history centre, the data from Sept.30/2006 till Dec.27/2006 is completely missing, and...
I came across a strategy that helps determine the best times to trade and need a little help programming it. Here it goes Essentially what I want to do is measure the highly volitle periods of a currency pair over the last month Using bollbands,and store the "high volitility times" for that pair to...
Please anyone information on Commitments of Trader data for metatrader. I hear that there are tools available but do not know where from I can get them. thanks you
  Need Indicators  (1)
hi all i need the seam Indicators http://prosignal.net/performance.htm
Can you tell me brokers that offer demo accounts that do not expire?
If I give each EA a separate magic number, on the same demo account, will this allow each EA to run independent of each other?
I have backtested a daily EA on various time frames (from M5 to H1) and I am getting different results. The EA in question is SimpleDailyRangeBreakout and simply buys/sells at a % of the previous days range .... so why would I get different results on a daily EA if I backtest at different...
  Force Refresh?  (5)
Hi I have an indicator that works well apart from one problem. I have to change the time frame of the chart to force it to refresh and repaint the dots. My question then is is there a line of code I can add to the indicator that will force it to automatically refresh at the start of a new bar/candle...
ive just seen an advert on this forum for 0-pip spread at Neuimex :: Forex For Professionals :: NEXTTPRO Platform how can that be right? must be some dodgy dealing there right? they also have a trend indicator page FOREX, FUTURES, CFD. . ..:: Commission free trading, online real-time trading signals...
I'm running few instances of MT4. After updating all instances to verion 201, all open charts in all MT4 instances where closed (not by me), instead a new EURUSD chart was opened (again - not by me). And 4 very strange accounts where added to my accounts list - see attached image. Slawa or anybody...