Content Management Systems

As usual I'm looking for a bit of advice

I've been involved in automated trading system development full time since 2004. During that time Ive created tens (possibly hundreds) of thousands of electronic documents, these include word and star office documents, computer models in VB, VB.Net, C#, C++, MQL3 and MQL4, Excel spreadsheets, open office spreadsheets, files from a variety of statistical analysis packages etc, Access database applications, SQL Server databases, Oracle databases, MySQL databases. I travel quite a bit and the hardware / software available at each location differs hence the mix of file types.

In addition, I've collected the usual array of crappy e-books in a veriety of formats, plus a million and one links to various articles scattered across the internet.

I'd like if possible to centralise all of this stuff in one location, I want to be able to index stuff, search, and hyperlink between documents etc. Some form of intranet is probably the best way forward, although the actual task of sorting through all of this stuff is pretty daunting.

Im maybe looking for something like a wiki application, or maybe something similar to the apps used to create windows help files. The basic requirement is that it needs to be able to create hyperlinked pages fast, and be flexible enough to allow us to modify the structure of our info if required.

I'm currently evaluating Microsoft One Note its sort of OK, but Im sick and tired of Microsofts bloatware, and I suspect as the files start to get larger it'll just become unmanagable, Im also looking at Joomla but it seams pretty unstable.

Anyone got any suggestions ?

:: so said in a short way...

google: archiving documents management software

there is a ton of those things... of course if you stay with windows they already have a indexing system build in...

Reason: