General - page 1014

I try to download MT5 but always fail like this. I have tried and waited for whole day.........  
I am using iMA to get moving averages . I am using PERIOD_D1 and PRICE_CLOSE. I am getting different reading when I run the test on different timeframe. Can someone please explain why
That was fast. Yesterday I told you how a consortium of 15 Japanese banks had just signed up to implement new financial technology to clear and settle international financial transactions. This is a huge step. Right now, most international financial transactions must pass through the US banking...
Need mt4 older version earlier than build 225 to analyze. Where can I get this pretty old files? Thanks
I must be going blind, because I can't find how to look up a post I was reading a few months ago.  Is there an easier way than just scrolling through the hundreds (thousands?) of topics?
the file below its an expert advisor i need help to make it as an indicator its show you the range of the currency pairs movement  in all time frame  by the  color (more dark means the currency may will change the direction  )  - more dark green on big time frame (the currency overbought ) and will...
The recent rally in the GBPUSD exchange rate is giving some the chance to press the sell button again say CitiFX. The call comes as the GBP/USD breaks above the 1.32 level once again and some analysts suggesting the British Pound will struggle to weaken further. GBPUSD remains well supported for now...
Hi everyone, I'm new here and have only used mt5 for about a month now, before that I was using mt4. I tried opening a gold order on mt5 but I am unable to. Does MetaQuotes-Demo server not allow gold orders? Thanks!!
I have an indicator with alert function. When there is a alert, I hope the chart bring to top and maxmize it.  Is there any function for that ? Please advise, thanks.    // test.mq4//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| Script program start...
With volatility plumbing multi-decade lows, traders across all asset classes are starved for volatility, not just in equities and bonds, but also across FX crosses. There is no assurance that Yellen's Friday statement, which many say has been priced into asset prices, will do much to move the vol...
When the BoJ started Quantitative and Qualitative Easing (QQE), the Governor, Haruhiko Kuroda, said that the BoJ would achieve its 2% inflation target by doubling the size of its balance sheet. Currently the BoJ has nearly tripled its balance sheet, however YoY CPI inflation is at -0.4% (where it...
  Lot sizes  (2)
Morning from South Africa. Can you guys give me a bit of background info on how to determine or setup lot sizes using metatrader4? Does on change sizes under volume in the new order window or how does it actually work? I am obviously quite new to forex and playing on a demo account currently. Also...
In our view the Fed are trying to guide the market to increase pricing for a September hike, but rates markets remain reluctant to react and against this backdrop our FX Momentum model shows overall USD momentum now at multi-year lows testing the very weak levels seen only a few times over the past...
  ex4 write error  (1)
Upon upgrading MetaEditor I cannot compile any source code.  All my custom indicators and experts have ex4 files present in the Indicators folder, but none of the platform-included files, such as ATR, Awesome, Bands etc have recompiled successfully.  If I try to manually recompile and...
Bundesbank executive board member Dombret interviewed by Reuters 24 Aug banks are right to consider imposing account fees, charge on deposits unlikely to become widespread
Reuters reporting 24 Aug 2016 NSS, as my esteemed colleague Mr Littlestone would say. has written to Greek govt asking it to refute suggestions statistical data was manipulated in 2010-15EU Commissioner Thyssen says the row "could become dangerous" regarding future bailout fundsMeanwhile the euro...
  Hunting  (72   1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 8)
Watching the price in the market gives the impression that there is a constant hunt for stops... How to make money here
Hi guys,   got an issue about my first self programmed EA, again :-)   bool b_last3 = false;                {               &nbs...
USD levels keeping us bearish: We continue to expect further 4% weakness in USD on the Fed's broad trade-weighted measure. The DXY has failed to break back into a trend channel formed since June, with the lower end around 94.80. Staying below the 95.30 area should keep the bearish momentum for USD....
Here is Bank of America / Merrill Lynch with a preview of the Jackson Hole Symposium The focus will be on the future On August 25-27, many key economists and policymakers will be gathering in a serene mountainside resort in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, for the annual economic symposium. The topic...
Gotta admit, I skimmed most of this. I'm sure some will find it interesting but I didn't. No reflection on the writer, more on me Anyway... from the Aussie press (may be gated); Nine persistent myths that befuddle our thinking about China So, jumping to #8 (and the #9) 8 ... don't think that trade...
The UK saw no news and a further short-covering rally for GBP/USD, which has continued overnight. The market expects an improvement in the August CBI industrial trends survey, but that won’t have much impact. We’re getting back into very alluring territory for re-setting GBP/USD shorts, though...
Market attention will be squarely focused on US Fed Chair Yellen’s speech at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City’s annual Economic Policy Symposium in Jackson Hole. We believe she may use the opportunity to signal the FOMC’s growing confidence in the outlook for activity and inflation, given the...
The EUR/USD retains a bullish bias despite having suffered a soft patch at the start of the week beginning 22nd August. The Euro remains in the driving seat against the US Dollar having broken through 1.13 at the time of writing. The EUR/USD has enjoyed a strong rally since late July and has been...
[Deleted]
Could you belive that free EA really works and brings profit? I am a found manager at: fairforex.org We are international team of programmers based in Switzerland whose main goal was to create a system that can work in all market conditions and at all brokers, especially Expert Advisors You could...
Hello, I dont know the deffirences between the back test and optimization. Can any one help. :)
China Banking Regulatory Commission said it will ban banks from trading treasury futures due to high leverage implying high risk involved....
HI I am looking for a EA coder in Toronto Canada, please drop me your contact infor. Thanks Much appreciate!
could help me plz   i try to added this indicator more time on the same time ,  first time everything was ok  but now message like in a pic below appear  what this message mean??? hlp plz   thanks   indicator and pic below