Download MetaTrader 5

General - page 1014

To post a new topic, please log in or register
Hi, I am new to Metatrader/MQL4 and am trying to get a handle on MQL4 programming language. Could you please advice me as to how to do the following:- 1. Fix the number of candle bars/screen - I need to have different number of bars on different timeframe charts, say 128 bars on a 15 min chart,...
I want to run a multiple monitor setup for my trading, but MT4 seems always to constrain chart windows within the main window. Is there a way that a chart window can be detached from the main window so that it can be freely positioned on the desktop?
I found in the sample code, it uses if(Volume[0]>1) return; as the criterion to check if the tick is the first tick of the new bar. I just worry if it will miss some conditions. What's the best way to check the condition? Thanks a lot.
  Where did the "STI" thread move (67   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
I'm pretty new here and I don't really know the rules on moving threads so I was wondering where did the "STI" thread move , I was following it with great attention ?
Been trading Futures markert for 5 years. Been paper trading Forex for about a month now. I am so glad I found you guys!!!! Anyway, I have been papering with VTTrader platform. Its better than most I tested thus far. However...... I see everyone on Metatrader4? How much is this platform that...
I'm new to MT4 and I've been trying to install and use the custom indicators for Vegas Wealth Builder. I copied the files into the Experts>Indicators folder and compiled them with no errors. However, as soon as I try to add them to a chart, absolutely nothing happens. I'm told that if they aren't...
Hi group I am trying to learn how to code an expert, and are looking for a snippet of code that look for the price to cross a camarilla/pivot line, and when that happens it shall activate a flag. I have a snippet that look like this: In the variable section I have already defined the...
Hello, Just wanted to ask if the Volume values on a forex chart really work? For example, if I see a volume of 949 for a given hour candlestick , does this mean that 949 Lots have been executed at the broker during that hour? Are you sure this value really works? I would have thought that the...
Hi folks, To all whom are concerned about my lessons, to my dear friends: You can find more of my lessons at www.metatrader.info Please don't deprive me from your inspiring comments!
  Sti
We have moved Sti expert advisor thread to Elite section, because of request of thread creator (Manager previously called tomsd). Best regards.
Does any one know of an indicator that charts the range of the price ie draws a bar for say 20 pips (adjustable) then moves onto the next bar ranging between the high and low until there is a differrence of 20 pips and then moves onto the next bar and carries on. Cheers Bagsy
Anyone have a smoothed demark indicator? Not the TD, just the standard but smoothed. Could have some use. Many many thanks.
I need change period 1H to 5M automatically in EA. I am not using indicators, can I change, automatically in the Expert, for another chart or period? to modify 5M to 1M? for command ? thanks
Hi, I'm trying to draw a line, horizontal, on a chart, but I want a definate start and stop time within the same day. I'm currently using ObjectCreate("msLow",OBJ_TREND,0,vWhen,msLow,vEnd,msLow); The line draws ok, as a ray. But I only want a segment. If I edit the object and unclick "ray"...
Hello I'd like to code an alert to be fired when price bar crosses an existing into the chart indicator, ie MA added through menu Insert -> Indicators -> Trend -> Moving Average and is visible into the Indicator List (Ctrl+I) Thus added MS is visible on chart but how could I found its current...
Hi , I want to get some values from Zig Zag indicator: 1.lasthigh 2.lastlow 3.lasthighpos 4.lastlowpos Please if someone can help please describe it. Thank you. Jeff
  Script close all orders (11   1 2)
Hi, Does anyone have a script (MT4) that closes all open orders at market price without pronpt? Thanks Paulo
hi all how can i get a high and low to cloclite the fibonatci no. i wont to get it for 35 bars for 4H piriod . and after that drow the llines . thank u
Hello, Can somebody "translate" this code from MQL to MQL4 ? This is the MT3 indicator and I would like to use it on MT4. Please post the indicator here(the code or the mq4 file). Thank you. /*[[Name := Inverse Fisher Transform of RSI Link := Separate Window := Yes First Color := Chartreuse First...
Hi, I came across this problem before and gave up. Now I've encountered it again while trying to code another indicator. It is a common problem so I'm sure someone must know the answer. The question is, using iCustom or built in iIndicator functions, how do I access data from another time frame? I...
hi can enyone tall me what is the expirt code to trade 2 days a week only . or is ther link take abut it ? thank u
Hi Metaquotes, I was just wondering if the H4 historical data you provide on your demo server has been changed recently? Maybe you've decided to get your historical data from another supplier or something? The reason I ask is that I've developed a number of trading systems that provided a certain...
For example, I want to devise an indicator in which if some condition is met, the indicator will set off to play the music of alarm1.wav. Is that available in MT4?
Hello, In standard 'C', is an 'unsigned char' the same as 'string' in MQL4? Thanks! -c
I've got a CCI indicator that I place a -144, 0 and 144 level on. Running it on 4 different pairs I've noticed that often one of these would disappear after a restart. It turns out that unless the levels are in an order of 0, -144, 144 they are somehow not retained after a restart and one of them...
ONE QUESTION: What are the larger Forex Brokers all around the world not only in america and what are the larger with MT4? that is: What are the larger FOREX brokers and what are the most using the trading platform of Meta Quotes Language - MT4? Thanx for your answer
I noticed that an order is automatically split when a portion of a trade is exited. I would like to request a new feature that would enable a manual splitting of an order into multiple orders. Here's the scenario. Problem: Most traders trade using multiple lots. Typically, a trader will place...
I have just downloaded Metatrader 4 and I have inserted a new indicator in the 'Programs/Metatrader 4/ Experts/Indicators' File. However, it is not appearing in the Charts. I have uninstalled and re-downloaded Metatrader 4 again and again, but the indicator continues to not appear in the Charts....
Hello all :) I'm trying to convert MQLII code tou MQL4 code, but I have some questions about: // MQLII code Var : MyCondition(False); Vars : MyValue(1.2345); Variable : Counter(0); Variable : String(""); Variables : String1("Some string"); Variables : Counter(0); - What is the difference...