Cannot connect to MT5 Server when provided through config file

To add comments, please log in or register
tpetrov
tpetrov  

Hi All,

I am trying to provide the account details for MT5 through a configuration file but experience issues with this.

The .INI (config.ini) file is something to this (other properties are intentionally omitted):

[Common]
Server=AdmiralUK-MT5
Login=00000000
Password=pass
CertInstall=0
NewsEnable=1
NewsLanguages=

I am running the terminal as termnal64.exe /portable /config:config.ini

And whatI get in the logs is "Network '00000000': no connection to AdmiralUK-MT5"

I am following the guidelines in https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/start_advanced/start 

If I open the account manually through File | Open Account, everything works fine.

I guess MT5 does not like that server is provided with name, rather than <domain>:<port>, but this is what I have. I can't even know if it is only one end-point behind AdmiralUK-MT5 or many. Moreover, I expect similar behavior when the server is provided through config file or through UI.

If I create servers.dat in another instance of MT5 and copy it to <install folder>\config of the instance I run, then it works, but I would prefer if this can be avoided.

Does anyone have experience with this sort of problem.

Regards,

Todor

Platform Start - For Advanced Users - Getting Started - MetaTrader 5 Help
Platform Start - For Advanced Users - Getting Started - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
After installation, a group of programs of the trading platform is added to the Start menu, and the program shortcut is created on the desktop. Use...
To add comments, please log in or register