Cannot connect to MT5 Server when provided through config file

Hi All,

I am trying to provide the account details for MT5 through a configuration file but experience issues with this.

The .INI (config.ini) file is something to this (other properties are intentionally omitted):

[Common]
Server=AdmiralUK-MT5
Login=00000000
Password=pass
CertInstall=0
NewsEnable=1
NewsLanguages=

I am running the terminal as termnal64.exe /portable /config:config.ini

And whatI get in the logs is "Network '00000000': no connection to AdmiralUK-MT5"

I am following the guidelines in https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/start_advanced/start 

If I open the account manually through File | Open Account, everything works fine.

I guess MT5 does not like that server is provided with name, rather than <domain>:<port>, but this is what I have. I can't even know if it is only one end-point behind AdmiralUK-MT5 or many. Moreover, I expect similar behavior when the server is provided through config file or through UI.

If I create servers.dat in another instance of MT5 and copy it to <install folder>\config of the instance I run, then it works, but I would prefer if this can be avoided.

Does anyone have experience with this sort of problem.

Regards,

Todor

Platform Start - For Advanced Users - Getting Started - MetaTrader 5 Help
Platform Start - For Advanced Users - Getting Started - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
After installation, a group of programs of the trading platform is added to the Start menu, and the program shortcut is created on the desktop. Use...
Reason: