Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 206

To post a new topic, please log in or register
long gbp = ChartOpen("GBPUSD",PERIOD_M5);ChartSetInteger(gbp,CHART_MODE,CHART_CANDLES); Why second line doesn't work on strategy tester and so when I use _Symbol when chart GBPUSD is opened Its don't give me a "GBPUSD"? How to fix this? 
when backtesting  2013.08.14 00:19:46 Core 1 2013.08.02 17:01:17   failed exchange sell 0.10 EURUSD at 1.32667 sl: 1.32780 tp: 1.32467 [Invalid request] how to solve this?  THANKS
Hi, i'm running an ea both currencies and stock market. The problem is that the ea wrk perfectly in currencies but doesn't open position in the stock market. I need to know if exist some parameter the must be change for an ea to work in stok market. Thank you
I have a strategy that applies for several pairs. How should I design my EA for trading these pairs Simultaneously ? (A) an EA that trades the only pair the EA attached to (mono-pair EA - I will have to attache it to each chart) (B) an EA that trades the aimed pairs (multi-pair EA - I only have to...
  spread (7)
How do I set the difference between the buy and ask?
Hi, In writing an EA containing an implementation file and a separate class, I've developed a method (i.e. getBarLow) within the class designed to retrieve the lowest of the no. of bar lows to be used as a breakout entry. The parameters of the method is the no. of breakout days that is sourced from...
  FAPturbo 57 (5)
can anyone give me their impression of the ability of this FAPturbo 57 robot EA? Has anyone had the chance to use this robot? and can FAPturbo which is ran on the MetaTrader 4 platform be moved to run on the Metatrader 5 platform or must I stay on Metatrader to be able to use what I paid for?? any...
Hi, does any artical talk about MT5 build in EA Sample ExpertMAPSARSizeOptimized? It is wriiten in pure OO style, but metaeditor is not excellent enough as Eclips or VS studio now. Sometimes i feel reading MQ5 OO program using metaeditor is just like using Notepad. :) I cant get the point of the...
i'm not expert and i write my 1 ea , but when it run it open a lot of position and no only one the logic are that : cheak for open condition or true => i use a while ( if cheak are ok open) , but it open a lot of position a no only one i use the total = order total() if is < 2 open...
Hello, I'm having trouble running my unit tests outside of the local environment. When I hit F5 on my UnitTestRunner.mq5, I get these results: 2013.09.04 13:21:36 UnitTestRunner (EURUSD,H1) [OK] All asserts passed. 2013.09.04 13:21:36 UnitTestRunner (EURUSD,H1) 32/32 asserts passed. 2013.09.04...
hello has all, the test strategy for an EA you how many times a day, month or year to optimize well the EA, help me thanks.
I love the signals service here and I think it is very good if one cannot afford to sit and watch the screen. Now, that is why I will be glad if anyone can recommend to me any good signal provider. Actually, what I am looking at is profitability on a weekly basis, and a signal provider who does...
I want help to create AUTOMATED EXPERT ADVISOR for my ownprivate use MY PROJECT GUIDE I am looking for help to create and EA, I am not abig corporation with lots of money I am just an individual looking for a way todo a project to make a living!!! I am planning to trade on the following...
Hi There Can anyone tell me how to get this without having to program my own? Thanks
Is it a good idea developing an EA relying on this event? There is not much documentation explaining this. Maybe it's not ok? Thks.
I want to know how to get the closing price of 9th later bar. which function should I use?
I am not an MQL programmer so I don&#39;t understand this survey No problem, I don&#39;t need OrderMagicNumber() for my EAs No problem, I never need to change Magic number of my opening orders It is inconvenient, I prefer it is modifiable
What would you rely on if you had to develop a methodology for creating EAs? Can this be done? Is there a book or so for doing this? Thks.
Hi, It seems like SendNotification() is ignored when executed in the Strategy Tester. Right? So there is no need to do a conditional check? MQL5InfoInteger(MQL5_TESTER)? Shouldn't this be documented? Are there more functions that are ignored in test mode? Regards, Erik
Please help me write the simplest code that when my signal is triggered it opens one market order and four other pending orders at an interval of 25 pips at the same time. The target for all the five orders is 50 pips from the entry price. No stop loss for all the orders.
Hi,   for a symbol from the market watch list (which I retrieve by "SymbolName") I would like to print two different types of information: 1) the symbol's full name (for example not "EURAUD" but "Euro vs Australian Dolle" as can be found in the Specification window) 2) The margin that my broker uses...
I'm getting complete opposite result when testing on every tick or 1min OHLC. the EA and input parameters are exactly the same but in the case of 1min ohlc I get 50000 profit while in every tick I get -7000 losses. this happens on many pairs testing on a period of 2 years 0811-0813 someone have...
chandra100
How to test a EA which simultaneously trades (independently) based on 2 timeframes on a single pair ? While strategy tester takes only one timeframe.
Hello,  I am unable to  run backtestings due to non availability of historical data.   I initially had some good backtesting results for 2-3 years since Jan 2008. Now I am looking for the fresh market data to be simulated over the backtesting but I am unable to do that. Can anyone guide me on that....
(A): OP_BUY / OP_SELL (B): OP_BUYLIMIT / OP_SELLLIMIT (C): OP_BUYSTOP / OP_SELLSTOP (D): A and B (E): A and C (F): B and C (G): All types (A &amp; B &amp; C) (H) None. My EA doesnot place orders. It is for to support manual trading I am not an MQL programmer so I don&#39;t understand this survey
Hello everybody, my programmingskills in MQL5 are very low, so i really could need some help. I just want to program an easy expert advisor. It should generate an order if a candle breaks through the extremum (Maximum or Minimum) of the candle before. I dont want to trade this way, i just want...
Hi, i have a working EA finally, thanks to online reference and forum suggestions. Now, i want to restirct EA from running during the New York end and Sydney start time. How can i do this? will be using NY time as input to EA. secondly i want to restrict EA from placings orders 30 mins before...
  help please (6)
im using one of the free EAs on metatrader 5 and want to change the amount of money its trading. Can anyone help with this? many thanks
I subscribed to A Cashmaker. Immediately all existing positions have been executed. Is there a way to have only new orders executed ?
I have follow this article on custom signal module and weighting algorithms and I've discovered a great way to assemble custom EA. However I passed the all day trying to sort an issue I cannot understand and start having big headache. My EA have threshold for opening a position set to 80, one...