Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 208

To post a new topic, please log in or register
I am testing various EAs, with and witout Optimization, also with and without using the Cloud services. It appears that the older years (1999-2003) are MUCH faster than recent periods (I am testing M1, every tick). It is like the last month takes as much time as 5 years. Any explanation?
Hi, I wonder if it is possible to use an FPGA as the hardware for OpenCL. I was looking for some board of the Altera Cyclone series: http://www.altera.com/devices/fpga/cyclone-v-fpgas/cyv-index.jsp, because of the Altera's SDK for OpenCL http://www.altera.com/products/software/opencl/opencl-index...
Should I do this or should I not?.. If you are able to quantify the probability of a particular event you can rely on random numbers to take decisions. Here goes a coin toss example where you can decide the probability (from 0 to 100) to get heads. You can add the following method to the class...
  mql cloud (5)
I have reached the point where I need to move my EA script up to a cloud server, but since I am utilizing Microsoft SQL Server I do not know if an MQL cloud server will suffice.  Is there a way to have a SQL Server instance installed on the MQL cloud server or do I need to use a different cloud...
Hi, I am sending with an EA a BuyStop order, when testing, it gives always the error CTrade::OrderOpen:Invalid Filling Type Code is (utrade is created fom CTrade of course): void U_Go_BuyStop(){Get_Values();D_Ask=G_Ask+D_StopRange;uexp=TimeCurrent()+max_pending;utrade...
Hello, as I am new to this forum I 'm not quite sure if this is the right category. If not pls move it to the right one. I'm looking for a script that allows me 1. To set more then just 1 TP (I need 5-10) per order or 2. If the order hits the s/l all pending limit orders should be automatically...
I am kind of stuck! :( I am using the example for OOP in one of the articles here. It is clear how to create a class, but how can I use it? In the MyDateClass example, several DateTime variables are declared (as int). But how can I use them later in the code? I managed to use classes where...
Hi, I posted a job few days back. This person agreed to it and started implementing it but all till date i get is wrong code which is worthless and i don't see a way that i can reject this person the job and make the job open so i can get someone responsible bidding for same. Earliest help would...
Hi, did you know which CPU is better to run back testing in MT5? Intel or AMD? does the size of the level 1 cache impact the performance? etc... Is there any comparison / benchmark available? or what type of standard benchmark should we check which is the most relevant for MT5? (PCMark,...
Hi anyone can help me on this 'no price" error(err code = 10021) when i send my order using Ordersend(). when this "no price" error occur, do i need to delete the old order and resend a new ordersend() or i just wait for it to fill up by the system ? thanks
Is that possible to analyze multiple charts using just one EA? I wan't to create Expert Advisor, that could analyze multiple charts, for example, USD/GBP, USD/EUR and so on. But it is very important that I use just one Expert Advisor. Is that possible? Or I have to write complex indicators to...
On MQL4 it was not possible to use Optimization with Trendlines (after creating then with ObjectCreate and then reading out their values). It was possible to use the tester, but not with Optimization. Is that possible now in MQL5?
Dear experts, Since I'm a beginner, I don't have enough information about the possibility and cost of what I want to order. In addition , I don't know if it is a difficult task or not. Actually I have an idea which I want to test it via MQL5 script for my research. please help me about it and...
Hi guys - I need assistance in developing an EA, I live in Sydney Australia, anyone know of any local talented developers I can work with to make this happen. It is a straightforward EA using moving average, stochastic and MADC - ideas on what it should cost me would also be a great help.
hello guys, I'm trying a very simple EA that should close position at the end of the week . it enters long when the price is above the last high and exit on friday at 23 or for a stoploss triggered. same thing for short position. during backtesting it enters and triggers stoplosses but does not...
Hi community, I developed my own trail-Stop function in addition to my already working trading class and now got the problem that i wont work. When it places a Stop for a Buy-Position, the SL shots past the current price and the position closes and in case of a Sell Position simply nothing happens...
Hi, I've got trouble concatenating For Loops, this is the nearest previous step that doesn't give me trouble: #define f 20*10int h = 0;char ar1[f];char ar2[f];int OnInit()&nbsp;&nbsp;{//--- for(char i=0;i<20;i++){ for(char j=0;j<10;j++){ ar1[h]=i+1; ar2[h]=j+1;...
int one = 0;int Magic = 1;void OnTick(){ if(one == 0) if(Buy_Call(0.01, 1, "First_Buying_")) Print("Bought");}void OnTrade()&nbsp;&nbsp;{ one =1; Print("One Time");&nbsp;&nbsp;}bool Buy_Call(double tp, double lot, string cmt){&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;...
Hi Friends, This is may be like a re-post. But my doubt is still there. I want to know the following. 1. I placed an Order with TP mentioned. While ENTRY_IN at OPEN_PRICE a DEAL occurs and in ENTRY_OUT at TP again a DEAL occurs. Both the deals are invoked by same order place...
Hi guys, I'm new here, coming from MT4. I have a problem and I don't know what is wrong. I want to divide the result of two functions stored in float variables, but the print is giving me zero. I found the error source to be the following, if I type "double a = 2/4; Print(a);" in the OnInit() or...
Hello Friends, is anybody here, who can hard code my robot for my trading partner alpari.uk? Thanks a lot for your help! Damian
I'm taking a look at the MT5 core classes (Array.mqh, List.mqh, Chart.mqh, etc.), and I see that the reserved word this is never used for referring to the object itself inside the class itself. This is a very common practice in OO languages as far as I know. In fact, MQL5 allows the use of this,...
Hi everyone,  If visualization is not checked in strategy tester - there is no trading (EA). If checked then it is working fine. This makes me scratch my head. Any ideas? 
Does this one exist for metatrader http://screencast.com/t/W19SBVDt?
so, how do you actually make a EA in MT5? so far I've been looking at the code generated by wizard for like 30 min, yet I still cna't find "OrderSend" or anything else that actually sends a order based on indicator value or w/e in MT4 u just simply made a indicator, u stored it's value in...
How can I amend an existing trailing stop on an existing order once a certain price level has been achieved? I mean I can do it manually but how can I automate this using EA or whatever it is?
Hi Friends, &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; I am trying to port my EA from MQL4to MQL5. I want to create an array having open prices of open trades at thatmoment. Codes and output of both MQL4 and 5 are given below. In MQL5 if I add an order manually it’s been added to the previously...
  iCustom give a wrong output (25   1 2 3)
Hi, I am porting my EA from MQL4 to MQL5. In that I am using iCustom() function. It returns a very different data. The output is 2013.07.01 13:23:48 test (EURUSD,H1) Sell = 4035.0 2013.07.01 13:23:48 test (EURUSD,H1) Buy = 4034.0 It is supposed to be 0 and 1 to 1.9. Cuz it is been used in...
This is a stupid question but i can't find it: Who can i take the "every tick" price in a EA? What is the variable exactly that include this price?  Thank you and i'm sorry for this stupid question!!!
I  have used  iCustom() to call ZigZag indicator but get some problem,   In OnInit() function the code like this:      if(m_handle_indicator==INVALID_HANDLE)      if((m_handle_indicator=iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_CURRENT,"Examples\\ZigZag",InpDepth,InpDeviation...