Size of trade from signal not adjusting properly

Hello, 

First, I apologize if this is not in the right section. If it's the wrong section please let me know where I should post.  

I signed up for some signals on a demo account, however the size of the trades does not seem to be adjusting correctly. On some of the signals it seems to copy the trades exactly, not adjusting for the difference in balance. On others it is not even copying the size of the trade made by the signal nor adjusting correctly. There's one with a balance of a little over $2000, I have demo accounts with $1000 and $5000 both running the same signal. The signal is making all trades in .1 lots, and both the accounts are only making trades of .01 lots. 

How do I change it so it is set correctly?

Thanks,

JMHarris 

JMHarris:

Hello, 

First, I apologize if this is not in the right section. If it's the wrong section please let me know where I should post.  

I signed up for some signals on a demo account, however the size of the trades does not seem to be adjusting correctly. On some of the signals it seems to copy the trades exactly, not adjusting for the difference in balance. On others it is not even copying the size of the trade made by the signal nor adjusting correctly. There's one with a balance of a little over $2000, I have demo accounts with $1000 and $5000 both running the same signal. The signal is making all trades in .1 lots, and both the accounts are only making trades of .01 lots. 

How do I change it so it is set correctly?

Thanks,

JMHarris 

Please refer https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/10773

Hey jelam,

It appears to say that the trades should be automatically adjusted. This does not appear to be happening. For instance, with the signal here: https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/xxx on an account with 15K balance, it made a trade of .08 EURUSD at the same place where that signal made the same .08 EURUSD. But it should be about .95 (which is what I set the load at)*15000/6100, which is between .18 and .19. 

Thanks 

I'm also having problems with trades not going through, trades the signal doesn't have registered being executed, and trades going through at very different times from the time the signal registers (not a time-zone issue - I checked the hours and adjusted). The trades seem to close at the same time approximately, but open at drastically different times, and in some cases the trade appears to go through on my account before the signal. 

Edit: Is there any way to scale down their trades. For instance, if a signal has leverage of 500:1 available, but never uses more than 50:1, is there a way I can use their signal without having trades scaled down by a factor of 10 when using an account with max leverage of 50:1?

All of my trades seem to be in the volume of 0.01. The original signal is much higher (often 10 or 20 times as high). I have set the load to 95% I have a balance of $10k in my test account, while the signal has equity of 13K. My margin level is at more than 21000% because the volume is so low. What do I do about this?

DrWobie #:

All of my trades seem to be in the volume of 0.01. The original signal is much higher (often 10 or 20 times as high). I have set the load to 95% I have a balance of $10k in my test account, while the signal has equity of 13K. My margin level is at more than 21000% because the volume is so low. What do I do about this?

The lot size is copied automatically and proportionally to your account's balance, leverage and currency.

What is your leverage?

Reason: