Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 202

To post a new topic, please log in or register
Hey guys.. if i subscribe with my real account at FXCM to an Signal provided here at mql5.com via my MT4.. Can i then leave my PC turned off? Or has my PC and MT4 Plattform to be on, so the signals can be recieved ?
I have experienced 2 similar problems with autotrading. The original multicorrency sample get a reply of not allowed when asking if autotrading is allowed. I commented out the test and everything worked fine on another test I get error 1006 "Autotrading disabled by server" when the ea tries to...
Hi, In automating the optimization process for a handful of currency pairs, I have created a configuration file (.ini) for each optimization exercise which includes the UseCloud=1 reference so that the Cloud network is activated. However, when running the configuration file the Cloud is not...
I tried to get time of deal execution in milliseconds in tester mode, the return always is 0. but the HistoryDealGetInteger(last_deal,DEAL_TIME) works fine. //--- time of deal execution in milliseconds since 01.01.1970 long deal_time_msc=HistoryDealGetInteger(last_deal,DEAL_TIME_MSC);...
Hello everyone, I have a question about the subscription to signals. I'm registred as a seller of signals, but wanted to subscribe to another, because my EA on which the signal is based doesn't work anymore. But this wasn't possible, how I realized now. There apears a notification that the...
Hi all, I am a newcomer to Forex and Metatrader but I do know that past performance is not a guarantee of future performance. However, with a Demo EA there is not even past performance, only the results from a Strategy Tester. I could word the subject title differently: Does the Strategy Tester...
Why is function OnTrade() called three times when the Trade event occurs? It should be once. Right?
Hello I wan't to use custom enum in wizard, the enum is : enum MAMethods { Simple=MODE_SMA, Exponential=MODE_EMA, Smoothed=MODE_SMMA, LinearWeighted=MODE_LWMA, AMA=IND_AMA, DEMA=IND_DEMA, FRAMA=IND_FRAMA, TEMA=IND_TEMA, VIDYA=IND_VIDYA }; and I declare in...
Hi Guys, Very newbie question here i'm sure, but I am basically writing my first EA and am banging my head against the wall. Basically I am looking to spot a candle stick trend followed by indecision, I want to look at the last 3 candles, see that the 2nd and 3rd to last candles are showing...
If I remember correctly it is not possible to enter 4 orders for the same pair and set different profit levels (I do that in my MT4 EA) I have to place one order for the total amount and scale out by placing pending orders in the opposite direction. Correct? And to take care of a trailing SL I...
Hi I have wrote a few simple EA and have them running on a demo account. I now want to use the indicator Williams Fractals, I see the function iFractal, but note this is described as an indicator and the example uses onCalculate which is triggered by an indicator. Is there a difference when...
Hello people, I have a problem with mt4 that I can not fix (maybe it's easy) ... I'll explain in a nutshell: I can not subscribe to any "Signal" both free and fee. Basically when I get to the window that asks me to flaggare "I agree to the use of the term signals service" and enter the password of...
Hi, Is there an EA out there that will close a trade if a candle closes beyond my stop loss? Many thanks
Hi, I purchased an expert and installed it on my local machine to see how it operated.  I would now like to have it installed on my VPS but the product does not show in the "Markets" tab on my VPS.  I can see indicators I have previously purchased in there but not this particular expert. Any ideas?...
I am intrigued. First EA 1 opens position with magic 1, then EA 2 opens position with magic 2 on same symbol.Question is what is magic of this position now?Thank you.P.S. I will test this when market open and come back with answer if non has provided one.
Ist this possible on the MT5 platform?  It does not seem possible on MT4
  cloud (2)
hello I try to use the cloud MQL5 I have no credit and the link "Get 2 credits" has disappeared how to start? Thank you for your help.
Hello, why does the follwing happen with two simple custom indicators. Indicator 1: Print("calc1") in OnCalculate Indicator 2: Print("calc2") in OnCalculate When called in Strategytester (anny settings), each indicator works as expected. But when indicator1 loads icustom("indicator2") in...
Hi, I'm having trouble with the following code: int OnInit() { OrderSelect(0); Print(OrderGetString(ORDER_SYMBOL)); Print(OrderGetString(ORDER_COMMENT)); Print(OrderGetInteger(ORDER_MAGIC)); //--- return(INIT_SUCCEEDED); } The Prints return empty when there are Pending Orders placed...
Hello, I'm inside the forex world for several years, I've always traded succesfully without an EA. I would like to build an 'easy' EA, who trades automatically on the basis of a Moving average. Shortly, when the movingaverage is going down, you go short, you close the trade when the moving...
Hi all, maybe you can help me. Market-EA´s are binded on the PC to protect the developers work. Is that right? If I buy an EA and work on my desktop-computer, am I able to put it on a VPS  later on? Or do i have to buy another copy? Thanks for your help
Hi Friends, For MT4 EA I have get passed out of many errors but there is sill many warning message with "expression on global scope not allowed. " How can I deal with this. Will this warning message affect my EA. Thanks kchandek
Hi, I have tried to download a demo of MA from market but it writes this all the time. 2013.11.07 12:59:14 MQL5 Market failed to load list of products Can anybody give me an advice? Thank you in advance.
  MA SYSTEM (2)
I am working on moving average and i need any one who could help me with the MT4 platform language in other form to be able to programme the platform to respond to my projected reaction using moving average indicator ,for instance ,using MA5 and MA100 for a reaction on the platform whenever there is...
Loading Metaeditor to make a few changes to an existing MT5/MQL5 EA, hit compile and what previously compiled fine, now gives me #include errors. It is now looking in the \MQL4\Include\xxx path -- MQL4? There is an MQL5 directory, but never a MQL4 one. Bug in the new IDE? (this is 3rd october...
I understand that the "hedging" techique in its simple form is not allowed in the MT5 platform due to regulatory restrictions in the US. That does not worry me, I do not use that technique. Are there other restrictions that are also implemented into the platform.
Hi Friends, I have one MT4 EA I have done changes in the EA under metaeditor of MQL5 saved it. If I use metaeditor of MQL5 I do not see any errors but If I use MT4 metaeditor it is giving 100's of error. Do anybody come accross this issue & will my EA work on MT4 without any issues....
Dear all Forex traders I am familiar with MQL4programming language. I have been written several expert advisors (EA) onsingle currency pair such as EURUSD. But I want to write anEA that includes different currency pairs such as EURUSD and GBPUSD now. It isnecessary to mention that based on my...
HI THERE CODE DEVELOPERS. I NEED YOUR HELP, I HAVE A NEW TRADING IDEA AND I WANT TO TEST IT ON A SIGNIFICANT TIME PERIOD. I NEED AN E.A. THAT: *1* AT A GIVEN HOUR OF THE DAY I.E. OPENS A BUY (MARKET ORDER) AND A SELL (STOP ORDER) SOME POINTS ( 50 PTS. 0.0050-FOR EURO) AWAY FROM THE...
im looking for an ea or manual signal that will generate a consistent around 300% a month? please reply thanks