Errors, bugs, questions - page 231

fellow:
Indicator buffer is uncomfortable to read: not from the last bar ((

Indexing direction in arrays and timeseries

Changing indexing direction

The ArraySetAsSeries() function allows you to change the way you access the elements of a dynamic array, but it doesn't physically change the way the data are stored in memory. This function simply changes the way the elements of the array are addressed, so when you copy one array into another using ArrayCopy(), the contents of the destination array will not depend on the direction of indexing in the source array.

You cannot reverse the direction of indexing for statically distributed arrays. Even if the array was passed to a function as a parameter, attempts to change the indexing direction inside this function will lead to nothing.

For indicator buffers, as well as for usual arrays, it's also allowed to set the indexing direction backwards as in a timeseries, i.e. the access to zero position in the indicator buffer in this case will mean the access to the last value in the corresponding indicator buffer, and it will correspond to the indicator value on the last bar. At the same time, the physical layout of data in the indicator buffer will remain unchanged, as mentioned above.

stringo:
#property tester_file "bla-bla-bla"

Rosh:

Programme properties

tester_indicator

string

Name of the custom indicator in the format "indicator_name.ex5" .Indicators necessary for testing are determined automatically from iCustom() function call, if the corresponding parameter is specified as a constant string. For other cases (use of the IndicatorCreate() function or use of a non-constant string in the parameter that defines the indicator name) we need this property

tester_file

string

File name for the tester, specifying its extension, enclosed in double quotes (as a constant string). The file specified will be passed to the tester for operation. Input files for testing, if needed, must always be specified

tester_library

string

Library name with extension, enclosed in double quotes. A library may have both a dll extension and an ex5 extension. The libraries needed for testing are detected automatically. However, if any library is used by a custom indicator, you must use this property

Thanks for the clarification, very handy feature. I just never would have thought that this question should be searched in this section.

I got a little excited about returning the data to the file from the agent.

It's clear that transferring an entire file over the Internet is a completely different task than returning a value.

Urain:

Thanks for the clarification, very handy feature. I just never would have thought this question would need to be looked up in this section.

I got a little excited about returning the data to a file from the agent.

It is clear that to transfer a whole file over the Internet is quite a different volume of task than to return a value.

Passing the settings/data file to the remote agent is only half the task.

And how to get the value returned by OnTester() (in case of optimization of user-defined function, which is exactly the reason to dance with passing of a file) back to the local machine? This is the return value that the tester optimizer gets (otherwise optimization using remote agents would be impossible), not the user program.

Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Функции / Функции обработки событий
Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Функции / Функции обработки событий
  • www.mql5.com
Основы языка / Функции / Функции обработки событий - Документация по MQL5

joo:

Passing the settings/data file to the remote agent is only half of the task.

And how to get back to the local machine the value returned by OnTester() (in case of optimization of user-defined function, which is what the file transfer dance is for) of a remote agent? This is the return value that the tester optimizer gets (otherwise, optimization using remote agents would be impossible), but not the user program.

To parse the log file.

Urain:
Unpack the log file.
Hmm, indeed.

now iCustom indicator cannot load. i have not changed anything in code and it worked fine in build 362.

2010.12.14 23:18:05 Core 1 2010.01.04 00:00:00 Expert removed because indicator 43 cannot load [4802]
2010.12.14 23:18:05 Core 1 loading of FEOP EURUSD,H1 failed

Otherwise, the process of getting a more or less working terminal will never get finished...

Voodoo_King:

now iCustom indicator cannot load. i have not changed anything in code and it worked fine in build 362.

2010.12.14 23:18:05 Core 1 2010.01.04 00:00:00 Expert removed because indicator 43 cannot load [4802]
2010.12.14 23:18:05 Core 1 loading of FEOP EURUSD,H1 failed

Otherwise, the process of getting a more or less working terminal will never get finished...

Try to recompile it separately

After upgrading to build 368, experts and indicators need to be recompiled

I have similar problems. It does not work in the Strategy Tester.

2010.12.14 22:01:07 Core 1 2010.01.01 00:00 Expert removed because indicator 43 cannot load [4802]
2010.12.14 22:01:07 Core 1 loading of Fatpanel\panel EURUSD,M1 failed

This problem was solved before

#property tester_indicator "Fatpanel//panel.ex5"

Everything has been recompiled.

Similar problem. Terminal updated, all indicators recompiled, checked several times. But I got the same error in the tester (build 368)
Reason: