Errors, bugs, questions - page 227

Renat:

MT5 has automatic and transparent point positioning with minute precision. That's why when I change timeframe to a smaller one, the lines won't float.

ah... now I understand why objects lag, disappear and jump... it's their positioning ))

I'm not going to shoot a video... I'll try again in n-teen builds... For now, go back... back to four...

Please tell me,

Do you plan to release an MQL5 specification? Not a help, just a strict specification.

For now, due to strong differences from C++, we have to do experiments to check some special features of OOP in 5.

That said, there's no guarantee that these features will remain intact in future builds.

ZS: I asked this question to MQ representative on Alpari forum, but it seems the advertising department answers there :), so I turn to developers.

You blatantly lie.

The extensive MQL5 documentation provided both on this website and in every copy of the terminal is a language specification.

For your information, MQL5 documentation has been translated into 5 languages and is available in HTML, CHM and PDF formats:

The Russian MQL5 PDF documentation is 2890 pages long. Try reading it.

Renat:

Contact your broker to correct the history.

again i can't get past it:

well answer yourself the question: who should work on the mt5 platform and what should the person who turned on the mt5 terminal do ???

Well, if I've lost $100 because of a terminal error or broker's error, what if I've lost not $100 ?

I do not even want to think about your business arrangements with brokerage companies, who owes what there and to whom to provide what, to be honest, I do not really care who is at fault, I just need to switch on the terminal and start trading either with an expert or hands - and to be sure that this is the real data in the terminal, not errors

Sorry, but just do not see a serious approach to the main task of the terminal - to trade, well, if MT5 is a beautiful toy for programmers or for schoolboys with 50c, then everything is fine

IgorM:

again I can't get past it:

Well answer yourself the question: who should work on the MT5 platform and what should the person who turned on the MT5 terminal do?

If the system administrator does not want to upload the correct history to his (not our, but his personal, where no developer has access) server, then it is an organizational problem of a particular broker.

As I have repeatedly answered exactly the same question: all the functions of import and synchronization of data are available - and by default the administrator just click "synchronize" to download the entire available history from our demo server or any other MetaTrader 4/5 server.

Unfortunately, instead of contacting the support team of a broker, people come to our forum and try to present organizational problems of the broker as technical. And they put themselves in a posture of "I don't want to think, think for me, I just pressed the button - now you owe me one anyway".

Документация по MQL5: Получение рыночной информации / SymbolIsSynchronized
Документация по MQL5: Получение рыночной информации / SymbolIsSynchronized
  • www.mql5.com
Получение рыночной информации / SymbolIsSynchronized - Документация по MQL5

Renat:

If the system administrator does not want to upload the correct history to his server (not ours, but his personal one, where no developer has access), then it is an organizational problem of the particular broker.

As I have repeatedly responded to exactly the same question: all the functions of import and synchronization of data are available - and by default, the administrator just click "synchronize" to download the entire available history from our demo server or any other MetaTrader 4/5 server.

Unfortunately, instead of contacting the support team of a broker, people come to our forum and try to present the broker's organizational problems as technical ones. And they put themselves in a position "I don't want to think, think for me, I just pressed the button - now you owe me one anyway".

again not you, not your company and they did it all....

Is your company new to this market? You can not afford to do the quality, and be responsible not only for the client side, but also for the server side? I as a user do not care how it will look like - even physically pour the quality history on floppy disks 5.25" . As for the questions to the broker - why? I have several times contacted the support service, I guess I am lucky with incompetent people who cannot help in technical matters - and in terms of MT5 they answer - this trading platform is in testing mode and we can not yet provide specific information about it.

Aren't you offended that even the reputable Alpari removed your MT5 advertisement from the trading platform selection pages? And on the mql4 forum people are raving about the ban on lots with the transition to MT5 and that MT4 is no longer supported even by the developers, imho - just your organizational difficulties and spoil the prestige of the platform - why release a trading platform full of bugs from both brokerage companies and developers? If I remember correctly, it was you, Renat, who said that now there are preparing to launch a real trading platform MT5 for some brokerage companies. Who among the serious people would put their money in such a difficult business like Forex trading and on such a "leaky" platform. You do not correct the bugs noticed by users selectively - which ones you will fix, which ones you won't. IMHO - the PR for the new platform has failed so far, because even manual trading there is no guarantee that at a crucial moment the terminal will not want to "ask for reboot" after the next update, as well as no assurance that the brokerage company will issue the correct information for all TFs.

IgorM:

again I can't get past it:...

And on the other hand, in order to work calmly and seriously, it is better in any case to introduce a data checking block into an EA or indicator, and preventively fix a (possible in principle) problem programmatically.

IgorM:

again I can't get past it:

Well answer yourself the question: who should work on the MT5 platform and what should the person who turned on the MT5 terminal do ?

Well, if I've lost $100 because of a terminal error or broker's error, what if I've lost not $100 ?

I do not even want to think about your business arrangements with brokerage companies, who owes what there and to whom to provide what, to be honest, I do not care who is at fault, I just need to switch on the terminal and start trading either by Expert Advisor or by hand - and to be sure that this is the real data in the terminal, not errors

Sorry, but just do not see a serious approach to the main task of the terminal - to trade, well, if MT5 is a beautiful toy for programmers or for schoolboys with 50c, then all is well

Why are you confusing flies with cutlets?

The terminal errors are one thing.

Broker flaws are another.

If your broker has no history - what does MQ have to do with it?

I am talking to broker support recently. I asked: Why is there so little history, no more than 2 months even for majors? - (it's on MT4).

The reply is that we have more than 700 symbols and MT4 terminal cannot store more than 2 months of history. I said to them: "Hey, you, this is not MT's problem, this is the problem of your company that decided to limit the history for instruments. And that was it, they started talking differently.

You're figuratively charging BMW that the car isn't comfortable to drive around Razdolbaevo village, and that you regularly piss away loads of cash for suspension repairs.

Maybe you should move to another village where the roads are better.

-Alexey-:
And on the other hand, in order to work calmly and seriously, it is better in any case to introduce a block of data checking into an EA or indicator, and preventively fix the problem programmatically.

Do you trade? hands or code? how do you feel on real accounts? or are you just thinking out loud how you should trade?

i'm not a regular trader, but i've been trading exclusively on real accounts for the last 4 months, and so, my opinion - i won't put my money on mt5 yet, i'm not sure if it's comfortable to trade on the mt5 programming platform, not so long ago - about a month ago, I was ready to start testing my code on the demo, but it was probably good that at the same Alpari I got a bug - the first bar was not drawn for a day, so I folded my project on MT5 - I do not see the point in wasting time on studying incomprehensible moments and searching for "extreme" in these problems

joo:

Maybe you should move to another village where the roads are better?

In the "known villages" I have long ago chosen - I do not want to repeat who, but in foreign cities, not even a lot of MT4

IgorM:

Do you trade? with your hands or in code? how do you feel on real accounts? or are you just thinking out loud how you should trade?

i am not a regular trader, but i have been trading on real account only for 4 months. And so, my opinion is that i will not put my money to mt5 yet, i am not sure if it will be convenient to trade on the mt5 platform, not so long ago, about a month ago i was ready to start testing my code on demo, but maybe i got a bug on the same Alpari.-i had not draw the first bar for 24 hours, i closed my project on MT5, i do not see the point in wasting time studying the unclear points and searching for the "guilty" in these problems

Hello. I am planning to use MT5 for technical analysis, i.e. real time data calculation. I need it to be fast. I am not thinking about trading via this terminal yet, as the platform is new, but on demo - why not (Moscow was not built in a day). I have never known such a long time. I've never known such a long time. Your information is useful. I am attracted by the possibilities of MT5. You can easily access the Windows system time and calendar via API and set that the bar is not updated. It's certainly not a thing, but it's very important. Proper operation of the program involves entering various checks to ensure that the calculated data is correct, in the sense of not losing money all the more so. If the programmer did not consider something, but could - who is to blame?
Reason: