Errors, bugs, questions - page 226

-Alexey-:
So far I will have to do so, but in the future I'm for the convenience of language - one line, once and done.

So create a module with the necessary functions, it will be both convenient and quite universal.

If you get it, you can use function overloading, although I personally would not abuse it.

PS

This question has already been raised, if memory serves me correctly a similar advice was given...

Interesting:

1. If I'm not mistaken Evra was officially introduced in 1999.

USDJPY has the same thing... when was it introduced there? ) I don't think it has anything to do with it...

For some reason I thought that if I could see the monthly chart's history since 94 (for example), I could theoretically get to the right spot on any TF, as long as everything is generated on one minute. But it's not that simple...

majestic:

USDJPY has the same thing... when was it introduced there? ) I don't think it has anything to do with it...

For some reason I imagined that if I saw on a monthly chart the history since 94 (for example), I could theoretically get to the right area on any TF, as long as everything is generated from minutes. But in fact it's not that simple... glitches are everywhere... they'll come for you too... oops...

1) As far as I understand it, the basis of all TFs are really minutes. But where to get them?

DC or another broker that uses MT5 (as conceived by the developers, as I understand it) prepare a history independently or get it from available sources, and then, without unnecessary effort and emotion uploads this history to the server archive.

Here we should understand that the daily bars will be the most accessible on the ancient history, and the shallower the TF the harder it will be to find the necessary history (especially if we do it for free).

But most brokerage companies are too lazy even to synchronize the history with the MQ server (it would be strange to assume that they are not aware of this possibility).

2. Of course the date of the official appearance of the Eura in circulation has nothing to do with it, but the exact history of it to this date is unlikely to be loaded (especially on such a small TF).

Of course, if brokerage companies have access to this information, the history will be formed with the greatest accuracy if desired (but here again it depends on the particular brokerage company)...

majestic:

Actually the scale shows that the candles are daily on m15

this is november '94... I don't know what time the day candles started - I just pressed "move to the end of the chart".

There are no minutiae before 1999. We provide a very deep minutiae history, but there is always a limit.

For some reason, I imagined that if I saw on the monthly chart the history from '94 (for example)

There is no problem with seeing timeframes from daley and up from '93. They line up correctly.

Take a sensible approach to assessing the surrounding situation, please. The very common mode - "I clicked, I got it, but I won't think" is very destructive for a trader.

Interesting:

So create a module with the necessary functions, it will be both convenient and quite universal.

If you get it, you can use function overloading, although I personally would not abuse it.

PS

This question has already been raised, if memory serves me correctly a similar advice was given...

The advice may have been given, but the function for a one-dimensional array was made, although everyone could write it himself - it's convenient, because the developers have written it once and that's all, and the programmer has to think about the logic of the algorithm, sometimes, however, paying attention (if necessary) to the features of implementation. I would also like to ask for max(a,b) and min(a,b) functions.

-Alexey-:
I would also ask for max(a,b) and min(a,b) functions.
WillMathMax(), MathMin() work?

Yedelkin:
MathMax(), MathMin() will work?
Thanks, my apologies (and thanks to the developers), I wasn't paying attention to the help.

-Alexey-:
Thank you, my apologies, I wasn't paying attention to the reference.
You'd better ask, there's a lot of material now. The hints save you from wasting your time.

Renat:

There are no minutes before 1999. We provide a very deep history of the minutes, but there is always a limit.

maybe we shouldn't display them at all? it makes more sense, but making the daily bars look like minute bars is not the right way to go.

OK, here's the end of the story... and the previous screenshot showed that it could be anywhere...

now let's imagine an EA trading in a sloping channel built with trend lines on m15 on daily bars.... presented? ))

MTs have always had problems with trend lines, and what's going to happen now... wow... fun...

majestic:

if you change timeframe to a smaller one, the lines won't float. maybe they should not be displayed?

ok, here's the end of the story... and the previous screenshot showed that it could be anywhere...

Contact your broker to correct the history.

now let's imagine an EA trading in a sloping channel built with trend lines on m15 on daily bars.... presented? ))

MT has always had problems with trend lines, and what's going to happen now... wow... fun...

MT5 has automatic and transparent point positioning with minute accuracy. So when you change timeframe to a smaller one, the lines won't float.

Reason: