Any great idea about HEDGING positions welcome here

i am a professional trader that have been in the marketplace since 9 years ago .

check tens of thousands of EAs , indicators , strategies like price action , ichimuko etc...

and can assure you 99% of them not work in long term.

because market is unpredictable and full of uncertainty. so no one can predict the

market direction with %100 accuracy even big players like central banks.

( remember George soros and the bank of England , https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/08/george-soros-bank-of-england.asp  )

i said %99 of systems but %1 can make consistent money a part of those is hedging i think.

if you have any idea about hedging come here and give your comment.

There is never a reason to "hedge" trades in the way of just opening opposite orders with the same instrument.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/167337

"Hedging" in Forex trading -Why do it?
"Hedging" in Forex trading -Why do it?
  • www.mql5.com
if I may offer my opinion..... Hedging is a method to limit risk. Consider this scenario...

I do not understand why a professional trader would come here to ask for ideas...

Something is clearly wrong with that.

Marco vd Heijden:

I do not understand why a professional trader would come here to ask for ideas...

even a professional trader needs to use another persons ideas to improve his methods.

and also help another people.

trading knowledge is like an ocean . can someone claim that know everything about a phenomena?

not at all.

Keith Watford:

There is never a reason to "hedge" trades in the way of just opening opposite orders with the same instrument.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/167337

yes but i think there is a method that you can hedging on 1 instrument and make money.

the only thing is that we must find a way to growth our profits and limit our losses.

Seyedmajid Masharian:

yes but i think there is a method that you can hedging on 1 instrument and make money.

the only thing is that we must find a way to growth our profits and limit our losses.

Obviously, I disagree with you. As yet, nobody has proved to me that I am wrong, but I have proved that "hedging" does not work better than simply closing a trade because it increases costs.

Seyedmajid Masharian:

even a professional trader needs to use another persons ideas to improve his methods.

NO.

In fact he needs to stay as far away from others as possible, and continue what he is currently doing.

Marco vd Heijden:

NO.

In fact he needs to stay as far away from others as possible, and continue what he is currently doing.

i am stay ahead of the curve right now but i want to have another people idea.

Seyedmajid Masharian:

i am stay ahead of the curve right now but i want to have another people idea.

Why ?

Keith Watford:

Obviously, I disagree with you. As yet, nobody has proved to me that I am wrong, but I have proved that "hedging" does not work better than simply closing a trade because it increases costs.

i will prove you soon after my EA will code by a programmer.

i am  finishing my strategy  these months.

Marco vd Heijden:

Marco, I don't get it...do you mean to say... this place is for non-professionals only? ...for those that belong to the 95% only? ...for loosers only? ...for newbies only? Clearly you are wrong! I have followed your posts and have admired your immense contributions so far, but and I'm very much disappointed with your response. Smells like another case of cyber-bullying here. Knowledge and inspiration is never too late to acquire. Even if you are right, sometimes even the kings seek words of wisdom from commoners in his domain.

You sure know much about genetic algorithm, an evolutionary algorithm, pretty well. Its one of the bedrock of the Metatrader backtest optimization procedure. After selecting an elite candidate pool (+/-2%) of best performing samples from a pre-processed population pool, what happens next in the Mutation part? It creates new chromosomes from blends or combinations of part of the elite pool (+/-98%) with parts of the non-selected pool (+/-2%). Its like saying "Hey... I'm ahead of the curve, but I need to periodically check what's out there, grab some promising stuffs from whats available out there, spice or tweek it up with some of my best performers to create a mutated sample. My mutated sample may as well come out to be the overall best performer. If the mutated sample does not work, I discard and move on." Its also like saying "Hey...I need to move out of my comfort zone, check for promising stuffs out there in case I missed something". And that's exactly what Seyedmajid Masharian is trying to do, in my opinion.

Even, Google, Youtube, etc, as examples, use similar algorithm or framework in serving you contents you searched for. You search for "Metatrader" but of 10 search results, it also serves you 1 "NinjaTrader". Like, "...you searched for this but you may also be interested in that". And guess what, some of the times you end up clicking on an item you didn't originally searched for.

By saying "I do not understand why a professional trader would come here to ask for ideas..." you are undermining the great contributions of, and derogating the names of multitudes of heavy weights of professionals on this platform. 

Please retract your statement and lets move on with Seyedmajid's quest for new ideas.

Reason: