Any great idea about HEDGING positions welcome here - page 39

I agree.

So now you can go here https://www.mql5.com/en/job

To have it made.

Trading applications for MetaTrader 5 to order
Trading applications for MetaTrader 5 to order
  • www.mql5.com
Hi, I need a bridge between MT5 and Thinkorswim (TOS) platform. high level requirements: - I have a robot in MT5, but I need it to place/modify orders in the TOS platform. - It needs to collect data from TOS to backtest in MT5. (because this is a stock/etf robot, not forex) If you can do it in MT5, great, but I'm open to have a simple bridge...

Hello,

I have found a way to obtain profit by hedging, 

Here is the summary of the strategy I opened both (long/short same time) I give stop loss and trailing stop both of them,

Just when both are closed another positions are opened,

Varying trailing stop modification (step for it) and stop loss you could get profits,

The problem is that profit is just obtained in trending markets, in side walks market loss is terrible!!! 

palnewth:

Hello,

There is no way to make profit by "hedging".

Simple logic tells you this.

Now this topic is 39 pages and there has not been a single strategy suggested that will earn profits by "hedging".

Fernando Carreiro:

You will NEVER EVER find a viable or profitable solution by using "hedging" on a single instrument as it is mathematically not possible long term. Hedging is only viable and profitable when the trades are on different instruments.

Could you please provide the proof of your statement. I would like to see it. Proof for different instruments as well as just one. Thanks.

Eric Pedron:

Could you please provide the proof of your statement. I would like to see it. Proof for different instruments as well as just one. Thanks.

Fernando did that a few pages back already.

Please go check it out.

palnewth:

Hello,

Here is the summary of the strategy I opened both (long/short same time) I give stop loss and trailing stop both of them,

Just when both are closed another positions are opened,

Varying trailing stop modification (step for it) and stop loss you could get profits,

The problem is that profit is just obtained in trending markets, in side walks market loss is terrible!!! 

can you show your strategy using an example on the image?

Keith Watford:

There is no way to make profit by "hedging".

Simple logic tells you this.

Now this topic is 39 pages and there has not been a single strategy suggested that will earn profits by "hedging".

but he offers an strategy also some people here explained those strategies

Marco vd Heijden:

Fernando did that a few pages back already.

Please go check it out.

i showed my statement here as a proof of semi hedging i also can show you all a profitable statement using this kind of hedging.

did you remember my %1900 ROI. statement

Here I put a test done with this EA idea, 

But as I have mentioned before I got profit just in a trending period, I have tested it again in a sidewalk period and the loss was terrible 

Files:
Test1.jpg  141 kb

palnewth:

Here I put a test done with this EA idea, 

But as I have mentioned before I got profit just in a trending period, I have tested it again in a sidewalk period and the loss was terrible 

Did you recognize the side-way period and not use the strategy in that period? Maybe use another strategy or not trade at all

Reason: