Any great idea about HEDGING positions welcome here - page 28

Seyedmajid Masharian:
I appreciate for your respond finally someone professional replied me.i wish it will continue.about your offer i think there is not such indicator exists that its 100 percent signlas are accurate. Hedging on its base is the best way for protecting account against unpredictable movements. Do you have any solution for my questions.

There is an indicator which gives 99% accuracy.

It is for you to find it.

Those who know about it, will not talk about it, they will not even try to revive that thread :-)

Seyedmajid Masharian:

hello dear mql5 members

as you know markets are approximately 30% of the times in trend and 70% of the times in sideways condition.

and also as you know martingale strategy works best in choppy market and fail in trending market because it add to losing trades.

vise versa for anti martingale strategy.

so i think if we can combine these 2 strategies in 1 strategy it will be a complete strategy for all market conditions.

any opinion welcome here.

There are already such system, the problem is how does one determine a range market and a trend market while the EA is already in action with open trades?

You again ! 

@Seyedmajid Masharian, let me tell you a story. 

A French Malian trader, with a balance of 20 000$, and an account limited to 200 pending orders put 100 orders long above the price, 100 orders short below the price.

He doesn't know what he done, he just net fished but professionnals call it hedging, martingale, grid, antimartingale (together!).

And you know what ? He became a celeb for that ; it is written just below "ESMA rules" & "Juncker drank!" in online trading annals.

One element that's yet to be determined is where the case will be heard. <*****>, 
which is own by an Indonesian financial services group, is expected to try and avoid the more stringent consumer protection guidelines 
in France by arguing that Traoré is a financial professional, rather than a novice trader.

Take it easy.

A trader-in-training says he made millions on what he thought was a demo platform before a brokerage voided the positions — now he's suing to get his money
A trader-in-training says he made millions on what he thought was a demo platform before a brokerage voided the positions — now he's suing to get his money
  • www.businessinsider.fr
Harouna Traoré, an aspiring day trader from France, claims he made 10 million euros trading in what he thought was a demo account, but was actually a live platform transacting real money. He's now suing his brokerage after they voided and cancelled his positions.

We can determine the market condition in easy way using indicators (see example below), but the problem is the following:

• any indicator is showing the "past story" and not a future;
  • martingale systems are trading on close bars (means: taking into consideration the past);
  • the market is changed all the time;
  • some pairs are not suitable for martingale (because of volatility such as GBP/JPY and because of "sudden movement" such as EUR/GBP for example);
  • martingale systems will kill the account anyway in day X (it may be tomorrow, or it may be next year for example).
  • and so on (a lot of particulatiries ... means: a lot of knowledge ...).

----------------

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Gold is Reaching at 1270

Sergey Golubev, 2013.07.01 21:04

How can we know: correction, or bullish etc (in case of using indicator for example)?

well ... let's take AbsoluteStrength indicator from MT5 CodeBase (fixed version of the indicator is on this post #4).

bullish (Bull market) :

bearish (Bear market) :

ranging (choppy market - means: buy and sell on the same time) :

flat (sideways market - means: no buy and no sell) :

correction :

correction in a bear market (Bear Market Rally) :

Gold is Reaching at 1270

Sergey Golubev, 2013.07.01 21:43

red lines are for sell (sell lines), blue lines are for buy (buy lines). So, bullish (uptrend) and bearish (downtrend) are separated by color of the lines in this indicator. Buy is main blue line is above blue signal line and both are in uptrend. If "sell within no buy" - this is correction (opposite for rally). if "no buy" and "no sell" - this is flat.

Resistance and Support Verification

Sergey Golubev, 2018.03.06 06:54

Just some general links related to the subject - 

============

Market Condition

The beginning:

1. Market condition indicators/tools thread 
  2. Market condition and EAs thread 
  3. How to use Support and Resistance Effectively - educational thread 
  4. Trend indicators thread

After

1. Market Condition Evaluation (2 EAs were created) - the summary 
  2. Market Condition Evaluation based on standard indicators in Metatrader 5 - the key thread 
  3. Market condition - AbsoluteStrength indicator - the page

============

Trend Line

Trend Line Trader EA

• Trend Line Trader EA thread. This TLB EA draws trendlines using fractal calculations you can choose either for a 2 fractal trend line or a 3 fractal trend line, the Ea should find 2 or 3(your choice) fractals that line up and draw trendline off that, and if down trend will draw trend lines on highs and on lows for uptrend, if close greater than trendline for buy and less than trend line for sell. There is an option to use moving average for confirmation it is coded is close greater or less than current close then buy or sell. Also the EA can use volty stops for trailing if desired.
  • TLB_v1 EA - the post. It is Trend Line Trader EA improved version - added a jurik version of bb stops: if you prefer hardly any jurik just set the length to a low number. Also added an option so like using the ma there is a true or false to use or not.
  • TLB-rev EA - the post. Switched the buy/sell logic around on the trend lines and the confirmation Ma's, on the Ma's by default its a ma channel.
  • TLB-rev-1 EA - the post. It is improved version with Volty Channel Stop on jurik indicator.
  • tlb-rev-1.01_nmc EA the latest version for MT4 600+ builds - the post.  

TrendLine Alert Indicator - the post.

============

It's all that I found on the forum related to the subject.

Sergey Golubev:
It's all that I found on the forum related to the subject.
I can not connect above posts to my questions.  They are not related to martingale and anti martingale combination give me a solution about my post.

Seyedmajid Masharian:
I can not connect above posts to my questions.  They are not related to martingale and anti martingale combination give me a solution about my post.

It is related.
I can upload the video as well about martingale and anti-martingale (PS. uploaded here #83).

-------------

I just wanted to let you know that this subject is fully elaborated on the forum with free EAs were created.
So, if you ask for ideas/oponions on your thread (martingale + anti-martingale) - please be informed about.

Sergey Golubev:

It is related.
I can upload the video as well about martingale and anti-martingale.

-------------

I just wanted to let you know that this subject is fully elaborated on the forum with free EAs were created.
So, if you ask for ideas/oponions on your thread (martingale + anti-martingale) - please be informed about.

Ok please link me to those Eas and send that video.
Reason: