Any great idea about HEDGING positions welcome here - page 21

Seyedmajid Masharian:
Broker is alpari    GBP pairs max spread is 35 pips when market closing in friday night swap free or islamic account nano or cent account average spread is about 10 pips . Do you have any opinion about my questions. This broker does not have commission.

Those Islamic accounts look really great... well, to me it is a straddle with elements of Mr Martin. Put this straddle (Buy/Sell levels) outside a squeeze before a big news on let say H1 frame (like FOMC interest rate decision today). Use nano lots. .. I used a similar setup years ago. I'd recommend not setting SL & TP but rather see whether the setup will pick up a trend beginning (after the news). When the price goes FAR ENOUGH in the positive direction then set a TS (if just one position's open) or use the CloseAll robot tuned for a desired profit (available on this site)... or if a big trend is picked up & confirmed - do compounding with micro/mini-lots... then relax by browsing through top of the range car magazines...

Some years ago I coded the surefire strategy for a client and when he found out that it suffered tremendous losses when price ranged for too long he then tried to tweak it numerous times. I cant remember how many times he had me modify the code. I can tell you that he never stumbled on a way to make it safe as it always ended in a total wipe-out or just simply losses.

He tried trailing stop losses and all manner of things, but they defeated the objective of a martingale strategy as various exit methods would leave the "hedge trade" exposed.

Incidentally, this is once again a martingale strategy with a hedging element. The hedging element can easily be removed so that there is only one trade open at a time.

Keith Watford:

Some years ago I coded the surefire strategy for a client and when he found out that it suffered tremendous losses when price ranged for too long he then tried to tweak it numerous times. I cant remember how many times he had me modify the code. I can tell you that he never stumbled on a way to make it safe as it always ended in a total wipe-out or just simply losses.

He tried trailing stop losses and all manner of things, but they defeated the objective of a martingale strategy as various exit methods would leave the "hedge trade" exposed.

Incidentally, this is once again a martingale strategy with a hedging element. The hedging element can easily be removed so that there is only one trade open at a time.

can't agree more - in a ranging setup the system is dead in no time for underfunded accounts... But Seyedmajid has a nano-Islamic account, probably a large one, thus theoretically he can make profits from time to time trading news as I've described above - just a lazy variation of the squeeze & breakout strategy... It's not beautiful for some but it can also work as a trend picker (my experience with nano lots)...

James Newman:

can't agree more - in a ranging setup the system is dead in no time for underfunded accounts... But Seyedmajid has a nano-Islamic account, probably a large one, thus theoretically he can make profits from time to time trading news as I've described above - just a lazy variation of the squeeze & breakout strategy... It's not beautiful for some but it can work as a trend picker (my experience with nano lots)...

He asked for comments on the surefire strategy.

James Newman:

can't agree more - in a ranging setup the system is dead in no time for underfunded accounts... But Seyedmajid has a nano-Islamic account, probably a large one, thus theoretically he can make profits from time to time trading news as I've described above - just a lazy variation of the squeeze & breakout strategy... It's not beautiful for some but it can also work as a trend picker (my experience with nano lots)...

Do you have any idea to switch this strategy when market goes in choppy condition.

Seyedmajid Masharian:
Do you have any idea to switch this strategy when market goes in choppy condition.

yes, I do :)

James Newman:

yes, I do :)

I will be happy to hear more.

As always.

Seyedmajid Masharian:
I will be happy to hear more.

send your idea here or direct message to me then we can deal about its pros and cons.

Call Coca-Cola and ask for their secret recipe, tell them to send it to your Email so you can discuss the pro's and con's.

Or call Mc Donnald's and ask for their secret hamburger sauce, have them send it to your Email so you can discuss the pro's and con's.

I can hear them over here, laughing you right in your face.

What makes you think that they have any obligation towards sharing that data with you ?

The sheer demand for more, coming from your end, is overwhelming, it's on a whole new level, something we haven't seen before.

You just post demand after demand after demand after demand.

Without giving anything in return.

You tried in freelance, to keep our coders talking to you for as long as possible, fishing for any and as much usable info, without paying one cent for their services, 

But promising them job's, just to vanish when they grew tired and suspicious of you.

This is not how we roll over here.

Some have already called you fool and selfish, yet you just continue, ignoring all signals that your behavior is out of order.

Reason: