Any great idea about HEDGING positions welcome here - page 12

Hedging will only work if the account size is above $2000 and with high leverage. (I found this from empirical studies performed before).

No matter how clever hedging is going to be, you may end up with losing positions that you need to unwind later and commit a loss the more positions you have, with increasing drawdowns. Such is the case with grid hedge. Price may also move fast and will not catch onto the price that you desire.. ie the actual distance shoots beyond breakeven distance.

I will only hedge one position at any one time (either on the same chart as posted earlier on this thread) or with a stronger currency with some certainty it will succeed, ie a proper hedge, and not do grid hedge or whatever. 

Long ago, we used to hedge using gold because it is certain to rise or fall. But now no more. 

Actually I am game to hear your strategy out, Seyedmajid Masharian.

Zee Zhou Ma:

Hedging will only work if the account size is above $2000 and with high leverage. (I found this from empirical studies performed before).

No matter how clever hedging is going to be, you may end up with losing positions that you need to unwind later and commit a loss the more positions you have, with increasing drawdowns. Such is the case with grid hedge. Price may also move fast and will not catch onto the price that you desire.. ie the actual distance shoots beyond breakeven distance.

I will only hedge one position at any one time (either on the same chart as posted earlier on this thread) or with a stronger currency with some certainty it will succeed, ie a proper hedge, and not do grid hedge or whatever. 

Long ago, we used to hedge using gold because it is certain to rise or fall. But now no more. 

Actually I am game to hear your strategy out, Seyedmajid Masharian.

Yes you can put 100 dollars in a cent account 10000 cents.

According to my observations, after first failures, most of the newbies hope to get success with the hedging, gridding, martingaling etc.

And ... without any willingness to study and to improve themselves, most of them can not pass this level.

As said before repeatedly, so-called hedging discussed in this topic is totally meaningless and pointless.

It is your choice but I would spend my time to improve myself and try to develop a sound strategy instead of trying to discuss this weirdo thing.

Attila Alp Oğuz:

According to my observations, after first failures, most of the newbies hope to get success with the hedging, gridding, martingaling etc.

And ... without any willingness to study and to improve themselves, most of them can not pass this level.

As said before repeatedly, so-called hedging discussed in this topic is totally meaningless and pointless.

It is your choice but I would spend my time to improve myself and try to develop a sound strategy instead of spending my time to discuss this weirdo thing.

I did that and continuing but another proponents idea is important and useful.

Attila Alp Oğuz:

It is your choice but I would spend my time to improve myself and try to develop a sound strategy instead of spending my time to discuss this weirdo thing.

Well said!

Did you notice that no one at all asked me about the math I presented?

No one asked about how to apply it or how to represent buy orders vs sell orders or anything at all about it, not even a request for an example calculation of few hedged orders so as to understand it.

In other words, most traders are not willing to actually do the research at all and just blindly cling to a belief about becoming instantly rich but never actually wanting to work for it!

Because they are looking for the easy way ... 

Copy Paste.

Fernando Carreiro:

Well said!

No one asked about how to apply it or how to represent buy orders vs sell orders or anything at all about it, not even a request for an example calculation of few hedged orders so as to understand it.

In other words, most traders are not willing to actually do the research at all and just blindly cling to a belief about becoming instantly rich but never actually wanting to work for it!

I think that he got the point ... it just seems that he is really very eager to continue this pointless talk.

His choice, respect )

Marco vd Heijden:

Because they are looking for the easy way ... 

Copy Paste.

if i upload jut %1 of my research paper here it takes several weeks for each person to read them like a newspaper not even understanding them %100.

because they are too complicated and massive.

any idea about how to profit in choppy markets using hedge positions?

Fernando Carreiro:

Well said!

markets are not moving based on mathematics they are chaotic and based on reflexivity but mathematics are rule based .

no one can predict the market using mathematics.

market prices are reflex of the crowd on news or their emotions about economy , politic etc...

can you understand how millions of people think and make decision based on them?.

price and crowd emotions constantly affect each other. (based on soros theory of reflexivity)

how can you predict crowd expectations and those reflects on price and vise versa by using mathematics or any other methods.

for example remember swiss national bank decision on 15 jan 2015. market has fall more than 6000 pips on  eurchf only.(flash crash)

even big banks and brokers fall in big losses . some big brokers have fallen in insolvency.

how they could not using mathematics to predict such big move.

do their facilities less than you and i (retail traders) or they have the best analyzer and algos.

that's why i am sure the only way is smart hedging, and to do that we must assume all market conditions to improve that.

NO ONE can predict the market.

Reason: