Where Do I start from? - page 5

hello friends 

i am new here i need help

i need help on how to do that a friend directed me to this site 

Do you autotrade? 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Modified Metatrader

Sergey Golubev, 2016.08.03 08:46

I mean - if all MT5 EAs does not work in your MT5 so you can check the following: autotrading for the EA, in common tab of the EA properties.

Allow Auto Trading — this option allows or prohibits trading using Expert Advisors and scripts. If it is disabled, scripts and Expert Advisors can work, but are not able to trade. This limitation can be useful for testing the analytical capabilities of an Expert Advisor in the real-time mode (not to be confused with testing on history data).

The option enables/disables automated trading for the entire platform. If you disable it, no Expert Advisor will be allowed to trade, even if you enable automated trading individually in the Expert Advisor settings. If you enable it, the Expert Advisors will be allowed to trade, unless automated trading is individually disabled in the Expert Advisor parameters

If everything is fine with the setting but EAs does not work (any EA - how many did you try?) so ask your broker (it may be the broker's limitation).

Modified Metatrader

Sergey Golubev, 2016.08.03 09:38

Where to check autotrading:

and

If you attached EA to the chart and you see "smiling face" so it is fine with autotading (in most of the cases):

If EA's face is not smiling and not happy so you can check everything once again:

It was for MT4 but MT5 is same with this case.

How to Start with MT5, a summary !

Sergey Golubev, 2017.03.12 08:23

MQL5.COMMUNITY PAYMENT SYSTEM

Internal payment system was initially created in MQL5.community for payment of fees to authors of Articles. But the community's life does not stay still, and plenty of services, useful for traders and implying commodity-money relations between two parties, has emerged on the web-site since the launch of the payment system:

• Market — A store of applications written in MQL4 and MQL5 languages.
  • Signals — Selling trade signals at a subscription fee with monitoring trade results.
  • Virtual Hosting — A native solution for twenty 24/7 failure-free operation of your MetaTrader trading terminals.
  • Freelance — A meeting point for traders and MQL4/MQL5 developers.
  • MQL5 Cloud Network — Buying and selling free computational power of Strategy Tester agents to organize distributed computing.

The most popular payment systems WebMoney and PayPal are integrated for deposit and withdrawal. U.S. dollars are used as the currency unit. Eventually we implemented other ways of depositing to MQL5.community account: these are common plastic cards (CommerceGate), handy and rapid system not requiring additional confirmation (Neteller), and a solution oriented towards users from China (Netbanx).

Traders can also use MQL5 coupons to pay for products and services as well as to deposit funds to their accounts on the website. The coupons are distributed by some brokers among their clients for free.

1. Security of Operations
  2. Deposit to Account
  3. Withdraw from Account
  4. How to Earn at MQL5.community
  5. How to Spend at MQL5.community
  6. Paying for services and depositing funds to an MQL5 account using coupons

Broker Doesn't Provide Investor Password

Eleni Anna Branou, 2018.08.25 11:48

In order to put or change an investor password, go to MT4/MT5 >> Tools >> Options >> Server and click the change button on the right, then in the window that opens put the master password of your account and below the investor password you want (first tick the: change investor (read only) password), then click OK.

Good article found - 

----------------

Visual strategy builder. Creating trading robots without programming 

Algotrading and the ability to check trading ideas on historical data in the strategy tester are the most important functions of the MetaTrader5 trading platform.

But in order to use the trading strategy in automatic trading mode on a real time chart or in a strategy tester, it needs to be programmed and turned into an executable file (Expert Advisor file - EA). Not every trader has programming skills or resources to master them.

How to change the data folder in MT5 - the thread

I found some decision on rus part of the forum (they are talking about the forder namely bases: Open Data Folder - and you will see this bases folder).
Why do we/they need it?
Because some people are using original disk which is full ... and they want for the data to be stored in new dist (which is empty now).

The bases folder eats up a lot of space on ssd

Yuriy Asaulenko 2019.04.07 14:33

1. Create bases folder in a convenient place on any disk in any folder and transfer the contents of the native bases there.

2. Delete or rename (because you can delete later) native bases folder.

3. Instead of the native bases folder, paste the link to our newly created bases folder.

That's all. It works. All files will be saved in a new folder.

some tried to use this instruction above - 

The bases folder eats up a lot of space on ssd

SpinningSlash , 2019.04.07 14:53

Thanks, it works. It was necessary only to deal with admin's/folder's rights, but in the end everything turned out

Sergey Golubev:
How to change the data folder in MT5 - the thread

I found some decision on rus part of the forum (they are talking about the forder namely bases: Open Data Folder - and you will see this bases folder).
Why do we/they need it?
Because some people are using original disk which is full ... and they want for the data to be stored in new dist 9which is empty now).

some tried to use this instruction above - 

What is base folder????

Ying Yue:
What is base folder????

Look at my post above with image (in Metatrader): Open Data Folder to see bases folder.
bases folder is the fordel where all the data/quotes are stored from Metatrader instances.
And if your dist is full (not enough space) so you will want to relocate this base folder (base folder with many Gb data/files inside) to some other your disk.
So, it was the instruction (on the previous post) about how to do it.

But there is some warning about it which you should know -

How to change the data folder in MT5?

Marco vd Heijden, 2019.04.13 19:56

Please be careful with this.

It has happened to me more then once that i lost all of my work.

Make sure you triple check that you backed up your files before moving on, and then check once more so that you are absolutely sure.

From all the issues i have with MT the file access and storage is the biggest nuisance of them all. 

Usefull links/threads/tools

Sergey Golubev, 2017.10.05 12:33

Multi-Currency Expert Advisors in MT5  - backtesting and optimization

The threads/posts

• Buying or Selling all 7 pairs - the thread with the explanation.
  • Multi-Currency Expert Advisors the post with the examples of backtesting/optimization

The articles

Documentation

• MetaTrader 5 Help → Algorithmic Trading, Trading Robots → Optimization Types - All Symbols Selected in Market Watch
  • MetaTrader 5 Help → Algorithmic Trading, Trading Robots → Strategy Testing - Multi-Currency Expert Advisors
  • MetaTrader 5 Help - Trading Platform — User Manual

Messages and Channels - 

----------------

What kind of update?

Renat Fatkhullin , 2019.06.13 06:02

Channels and groups, including private, are fully functional.

What kind of update?

Vladimir Karputov , 2019.06.13 10:24

Go to the messages from the mobile terminal - there will be channels and their management.

----------------

Reason: