Broker Doesn't Provide Investor Password

So every time I try to change my Investor Password in MT4 (by hitting control + O, then server, then change password) I get the ominous MT4 "error sound".  I called my Broker (Forex.com) and they said I can't change the MT4 password because they do not provide/support those :(  I want to provide trade signals on my account, but I can't do this without an Investor Password.  Is there a work around for me to create an investor password on my MT4 account so that I can make some money as a signal provider?

moodysabet:
So every time I try to change my Investor Password in MT4 (by hitting control + O, then server, then change password) I get the ominous MT4 "error sound".  I called my Broker (Forex.com) and they said I can't change the MT4 password because they do not provide/support those :(  I want to provide trade signals on my account, but I can't do this without an Investor Password.  Is there a work around for me to create an investor password on my MT4 account so that I can make some money as a signal provider?

In order to put or change an investor password, go to MT4 >> Tools >> Options >> Server and click the change button on the right, then in the window that opens put the master password of your account and below the investor password you want (first tick the: change investor (read only) password), then click OK.

Eleni Anna Branou:

In order to put or change an investor password, go to MT4 >> Tools >> Options >> Server and click the change button on the right, then in the window that opens put the master password of your account and below the investor password you want (first tick the: change investor (read only) password), then click OK.

Hi Eleni, thanks for the response.  Yes, I've tried the procedure you've describe many times.  But unfortunately, since my broker does not provide an investor password when initially creating the account, MT4 will not let me change the investor password (that does not exist).  So whenever I try the steps you've described, it doesn't work, and I get error message 20248154 in my MT4 "Journal" tab:  "cannot change password [Not enough rights]".  I called my broker and they said that they do not provide investor passwords with accounts.  So that's why I wrote this post...to see if anyone has some type of a work-around.

moodysabet:
Hi Eleni, thanks for the response.  Yes, I've tried the procedure you've describe many times.  But unfortunately, since my broker does not provide an investor password when initially creating the account, MT4 will not let me change the investor password (that does not exist).  So whenever I try the steps you've described, it doesn't work, and I get error message 20248154 in my MT4 "Journal" tab:  "cannot change password [Not enough rights]".  I called my broker and they said that they do not provide investor passwords with accounts.  So that's why I wrote this post...to see if anyone has some type of a work-around.

They don't povide the investor password, you put it.

The error message your are getting is telling you that you don't put the correct master password in order to set an investor password.

I'm using the correct master password.  I know that it's correct because I use this password every day to login to my account.  Also, the error message in the Journal tab does not say incorrect password...it says, "cannot change password.  Not enough rights".   Because the error message says, "...Not enough rights"  it seems to me that this has something to do with my broker not providing an investor password when the account was created.  That's why I'm asking if anyone in the community has a "work around" to get around this problem.

moodysabet:
I'm using the correct master password.  I know that it's correct because I use this password every day to login to my account.  Also, the error message in the Journal tab does not say incorrect password...it says, "cannot change password.  Not enough rights".   Because the error message says, "...Not enough rights"  it seems to me that this has something to do with my broker not providing an investor password when the account was created.  That's why I'm asking if anyone in the community has a "work around" to get around this problem.

You have it all wrong, you are probably logging every day with an investor password you've put long ago and you think that this investor password is your master password but it isn't.

That's what "not enough rights" mean!

New accounts in any broker, doesn't come with investor password pre-defined, you only as the owner of an account, can create an investor password.

So, the workaround is this, go to the members area of your broker and reset your master password, if you can't do it, the support (or live chat) can do it and they will email the new master password to your email.

Then you can change this master password or set a new investor password with the way I've described on my previous post.

If I was logging in with an investor password every day, then I wouldn't be able to execute any trades.  But I execute trades every day, so I can only be logging in with my master password.  

Also, I did contact customer support about this problem, and their response was that they don't support investor passwords.

moodysabet:

If I was logging in with an investor password every day, then I wouldn't be able to execute any trades.  But I execute trades every day, so I can only be logging in with my master password.  

Also, I did contact customer support about this problem, and their response was that they don't support investor passwords.

Try to reset your master password (in the members area of your broker) and then set an investor password, there is no other way around this.

I know this is an old thread but checking in to see if anyone every figured out a way around this issue? @Mahmoud Sabet Did you ever get this figured out? I've struggled with the exact same scenario as you but no one ever seems to understand when i say my master/account password is not giving me enough rights to reset the investor password. Does anyone have contact information for anyone at metaquotes who could give more info on this. Been experiencing this issue for years now and its frustrating. 

lennoxmatsinde:
I know this is an old thread but checking in to see if anyone every figured out a way around this issue? @Mahmoud Sabet Did you ever get this figured out? I've struggled with the exact same scenario as you but no one ever seems to understand when i say my master/account password is not giving me enough rights to reset the investor password. Does anyone have contact information for anyone at metaquotes who could give more info on this. Been experiencing this issue for years now and its frustrating. 

In most brokers the master password gives you the right to change the investor password.

In any other case, contact your broker.

This is not an issue that has to do with Metaquotes or MT4/5 platforms, its a broker/trading account problem.

Eleni Anna Branou:

In most brokers the master password gives you the right to change the investor password.

In any other case, contact your broker.

This is not an issue that has to do with Metaquotes or MT4/5 platforms, its a broker/trading account problem.

Had same problem, changed investor password from broker web page (not desktop MT4 app), but not sure if i hade same reason for password changing.
Reason: