Buying or Selling all 7 pairs

Dear All

i was trying a trading strategy to buy or sell all the USD Currency pairs together, i only check the daily strength of the USD, then i take decision to buy or sell (open 7 positions), then i check after so many hours, sometimes waiting for days looking  for total positive profit after that i close all the 7 pairs together, after so many testing on demo account i realized it worth studying trying i didn't lost any of trials so far. 

when the dollar strength is high i open sell, and vise versa. (same lot size)

i know this system can't be tested (multi-currencies) so my questions are:

1- is there any better way for deciding whether to buy or sell (other than currency strength meter? 

2- are these profitable testing is the case or is it just by accident (luck) am still making profit? 

best of luck for all

tarigeltayeb:

Surely you can test multicurrency expert advisers, and experiment for getting answers for your questions 1 and 2.

Stanislav Korotky:

Surely you can test multicurrency expert advisers, and experiment for getting answers for your questions 1 and 2.

Dear korotky

thanks a lot for reply, can you explain to me how to back test multi currency ea

tarigeltayeb:

1- is there any better way for deciding whether to buy or sell (other than currency strength meter? 

2- are these profitable testing is the case or is it just by accident (luck) am still making profit? 

best of luck for all

Multiple currency trading is no problem via EA, I regularly monitor and trade multiple currencies from a single MT4 chart.

That depends entirely on your personal trading strategy. If a strength meter is part of your strategy and it works for you, why change it?

Again, That depends entirely on your personal trading strategy.

Markets change over time and something that works right now might not work in the future.

- Jack

tarigeltayeb:

thanks a lot for reply, can you explain to me how to back test multi currency ea

In MT5, backtesting of multicurrency EAs does not differ from standard backtestings: the tester supports this feature natively.

All you need is to obtain/code a EA which will issue orders in different symbols. The tester will automatically download data for the symbols being used, open charts, and execute trades. Of course, finally you'll get a report with multiple symbols.

Multi-Currency Expert Advisors in MT5  - backtesting and optimization

The threads/posts

• Buying or Selling all 7 pairs - the thread with the explanation.
  • Multi-Currency Expert Advisors the post with the examples of backtesting/optimization

CodeBase  

The articles

Documentation

• MetaTrader 5 Help → Algorithmic Trading, Trading Robots → Optimization Types - All Symbols Selected in Market Watch
    • MetaTrader 5 Help → Algorithmic Trading, Trading Robots → Strategy Testing - Multi-Currency Expert Advisors
    • MetaTrader 5 Help - Trading Platform — User Manual
    Optimization Types - Algorithmic Trading, Trading Robots - MetaTrader 5 Help
    Optimization Types - Algorithmic Trading, Trading Robots - MetaTrader 5 Help
    • www.metatrader5.com
    This type of optimization is based on the genetic algorithm of search for the best values of input parameters. This type is much faster than the first one and is almost of the same quality. The slow complete optimization that would take several years can be performed within several hours using the genetic algorithm. Each individual has a...

Dear Jack, Korotky and Sergey thanks a lot the post was very informative, am using MT4 on live account, i will open demo account running mt5, i have ea that can open sell or buy or both for 7 currencies somebody coded for me. i will try it and check the report

Multi Symbol Chart - indicator for MetaTrader 5 

The indicator plots candlestick formations for four symbols in one separate window.

It can be altered easily to show more or fewer symbols.

tarigeltayeb: i know this system can't be tested (multi-currencies) so my questions are:
    Of course it can. Just not in MT4. But you didn't post in that forum.

Multi currency library - library for MetaTrader 5

This library allow an easy control over multiple currencies, on every update it will check for errors, this way you can use it in your indicator or expert to avoid common error and rewrite not needed parts, focusing more on your business and leave hassle away.
    Multi currency library
    Multi currency library
    • www.mql5.com
    An easy-to-use multi-currency library, usable in indicators and EA.

How to create a simple Multi-Currency Expert Advisor using MQL5 (Part 1): Indicator Signals based on ADX in combination with Parabolic SAR

The definition of a Multi-Currency Expert Advisor in this article is one Expert Advisor or trading robot that can trade (open orders, close orders and manage orders an more) for more than 1 symbol pair from only one symbol chart.
    Therefore, ... we can create a simple Multi-Currency Expert Advisor which in this article uses Indicator Signals: Average Directional Movement in combination with Parabolic SAR Indicator.
    How to create a simple Multi-Currency Expert Advisor using MQL5 (Part 1): Indicator Signals based on ADX in combination with Parabolic SAR
    • www.mql5.com
    The Multi-Currency Expert Advisor in this article is Expert Advisor or trading robot that can trade (open orders, close orders and manage orders an more) for more than 1 symbol pair only from one symbol chart.
    Reason: