Indicators with alerts/signal - page 185

Jeeves:
Hi all

ND, if this is in the wrong place, please move it. Thanks.

I've attached an indicator that I've tried to add a sound and email alert to.

I'm not a coder, but I'm having a go.

Cut & paste only at the moment!

I've managed to get down to only one error:

'\end_of_program' - ending bracket '}' expected

But no matter what I do, it remains & I cannot 'compile'

Could someone correct it, & if possible, tell me where I'm going wrong.

Thanks

Here you are, you might want to try the second one I attached also

Silver Trend Signal

increase:
Here you are, you might want to try the second one I attached also

Many thanks Increase, I'll give them a whirl on Monday

Have a great week-end

Jeeves

FerruFx:
Just make a separate indicator alert which call the signal ... I code alerts each day like this for my clients who don't have mq4 files. FerruFx

And how do you know when to display the signal without known the calculation?

Some example please?

Linuxuser, I know the question was for FerruFx, but as long as you have buffer values you can code an iCustom alert in a separate indicator.

example:

realMACDfast=iCustom=(NULL,0,realMACD,FastMA,SlowMA,Signal,0,0,i);

realMACDslow=iCustom=(NULL,0,realMACD,FastMA,SlowMA,Signal,1,0,i);

realMACDsignal=iCustom=(NULL,0,realMACD,FastMA,SlowMA,Signal,2,0,i);

As long as the indicator is showing buffer values it doesn't matter if its compiled. This is helpful when someone has a compiled indicator and has not been able to edit it themselves. In this example, buffer 1 is realMACD's SlowMA. Buffer 2 is FastMA, and Buffer3 is realMACD's SignalMA.

Edit: There are spaces in SlowMA var. These are not how I typed them, if someone attempts to apply this code for themselves, they will have to delete the spacings.

Linuxser:
And how do you know when to display the signal without known the calculation? Some example please?

Codobro's answer come before mine. Thanks bro!

Linuxser, you need 3 things to set your iCustom() correctly:

1. The name of the indicator (don't need the mq4)

2. The right buffer(s): just open the DataWindow and find the one(s) needed (don't need the mq4)

3. The external inputs if any: just open the indicator's inputs parameters box (don't need the mq4)

You can with these 3 points above call the indicator for a separate indicator alert or even for an EA.

Believe me when I say that I code everyday EAs and alerts with only indicators ex4 files when clients don't have mq4 files.

FerruFx

well, why not, scientific poking (just grub the color) - always hated that thing with .ex

SGMAR2_Alert.mq4

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173704

SGMAR1_Alert : like in org SGMAR, enter number of bars (0-all bars)

extern int cbars = 0;

SGMAR2 - optimised

Macd dot indicator + email alert

Can someone please add an email alert to the Macd dot indicator?

Also, is there a way to get the Demark Line indicator to produce a signal/alert as soon as the blue/red dot appears versus a couple of bars later when the arrow appears? TIA!

Mladens' SSL_channel_chart and SSL_fast side Bar (overlay) with alerts, mtf here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page163

need help

First,thank`s for linuxser for u advisce.coz i`m new here.

Could u some one here help me to add alert/signal for this filter.When it cross the 0 level or change the color.

Thank`s for u who want to help me...

Reason: